Cortana... Mendicent Bias...

Silent Orbis

Okay guys. I really want Cortana back... but I don't think it will happen. It just logically doesn't work, unless there's a twist. And, for those of you who say that Master Chief is holding an empty "Cortana" AI chip in the new trailer, it isn't possible. You know why? Because Cortana's AI chip was DESTROYED. It was destroyed in Halo 4, and I'm not sure if any of you remember. But, at the last mission, he inserts her into that stand-type thing, but then it blows up and disintegrates later on. So... what if that chip he's holding... what if he's trying to get Mendicent Bias? Since I know I can't explain this possibility so I'll let Halo5Follower do it, in his article. (Look for the blue text especially) All credit goes to him:

Our first topic is how Mendicant could have directed Chief to Requiem. We know Mendicant Bias as a Forerunner AI, he was buried in the Ark we saw in Halo 3, on Installation 0 to be specific. In fact Mendicant Bias tried to contact Chief in Halo 3′s Terminals, and his voice was heard in Halo 2′s Soundtrack. This AI has has sort of always been present in Halo.

f41.jpg

Mendicant Bias AI and Ur-Didact

But how could have Mendicant Bias sent Chief to Requiem? Chief and the Arbiter were both on the Forward Unto Dawn, when the portal cut the ship in half. But wait, what are the odds that would happen? Very slim kinda-odds. What if Mendicant Bias directed the portal cut off Chief’s end? Perhaps Mendicant Bias wanted Chief to end up Requiem, to wake the Didact.

But to defeat him, he’d have be granted the gift he ended up receiving from the Librarian. Why would Mendicant Bias want this? Well we all need to understand is that Mendicant Bias betrayed his creators, the Forerunners. However, he says he betrayed a former master, once again, in Halo 3.

[This is merely a quote and a narration, anything between the brackets shouldn't be taken seriously, and is just speculation]. And so here at the end of my life, I do once again betray a   former master[sending Chief to Requiem to defeat his master]. The path   ahead is fraught with peril. But I will do all I can to   keep it stable – keep you safe[Perhaps he wants Chief to   survive, and be granted the power from the Librarian]. I’m not so foolish to think this will absolve me of my sins. One life hardly balances billions [He once helped attack the forerunners in his day]. But I would have my   masters know that I have changed. And you shall be my  example. -Mendicant Bias in the last Terminal in Halo 3

So it seems that Mendicant Bias, may be trying to save Chief, and bring him to the Ark, where he is located at. But why? Well I’m personally trying to figure out the why. But our focus is on if he did it or not.

This isn’t just a theory, this a very educated Theory. However, here are some others. Many believe that Cortana will be absent in Halo 5, and return in Halo 6 (To finish off the Halo 4, 5 and 6). Without a companion, we may meet an old character, like Linda, Kelly, or even the Arbiter to fill the role, until Cortana returns, if she returns at all.

Halo Follower Break-Down

With the galaxy now at rest, the Covenant, the Flood and the Forerunners all gone, including the Ur-Didact, most likely. It seems like there needs to be another great distress, a huge problem will probably up-rise in Halo 5. Perhaps this why Chief is seeking out Mendicant Bias. In fact, this might be why he has the chip in the first place. We know it’s not Cortanas, it was destroyed in Halo 4′s ending. So why would Chief want Mendicant Bias on a chip? We might focus on this next time.

Well Mendicant Bias has been watching out for Chief, he has a great knowledge in the flood, and he probably wanted Chief to be granted the Librarian’s gift, and Mendicant Bias may have wanted the Didact to die. If you can piece any of this together, I’d be glad to share it.

• Like 4

Mendicant Bias isn't just an AI, he's a meta-ancilla class monitor. He wouldn't "fit on a chip". The chip that Chief is holding isn't for actual usage, it's for hope, perseverance, and faith. A good comparison would be a Marine holding his fellow comrade's dogtags.  I think that your reasoning is right that he wants to find Mendicant Bias, but for different reasons:

Mendicant Bias is the only other A.I. to successfully transgress through all stages of Rampancy and become Metastable. This is also what happened to Cortana at the end of Halo 4 (her ability to contain data becomes limitless, and she becomes a physical entity, restraining Didact to the hardlight bridge). After Offensive Bias successfully defeated him with military strategy, Mendicant was commissioned, his soul fragmented across the galaxy, and left to only Atonement for his sins.

Chief needs Mendicant Bias for information on how to revive Cortana. Mendicant Bias will help him, but this will leave room for the IsoDidact, and quite possibly the Timeless One (the Primordial) to make an entrance, since they have been related in the past. Also coming into play with be the Librarian (who held Cortana and can activate geas), and Halsey (who had Cortana digitally emulated from her neural patterns).

As far as Campaign/storyline go, I think these next 2 Halos are going to be incredible.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

With the galaxy now at rest, the Covenant, the Flood and the Forerunners all gone, including the Ur-Didact, most likely. It seems like there needs to be another great distress, a huge problem will probably up-rise in Halo 5...

The Flood are still in the Galaxy. Flood samples were stored on Installation - 04 so it's possible that more samples were stored on the rest of the Halo Rings, which can be released in similar ways to the "Screw-up" that happened to the Covenant in Halo: CE.

For example, on Installation - 07 it seems that it is covered in Flood biomass. It is possible that the Flood escaped Quarantine and managed to infest the Ring.

Halo_ring_07.png

Though it is also possible that the surface is just harsh, and not infested: like the surface of Venus.

Plus there are more then likely rogue Flood spores scattered everywhere. I'm not sure if a Spore can survive the vacuum of space, but... Well to sum it up I'll quote that Hing Head Elite from Halo 2 and 3 ~  "A single Spore can destroy an entire Species" or something like that.

Anyway I think that the Flood will return. I know that everyone says that they've had enough... and I think that's pretty stupid. I loved the Flood, and Flood levels. I would welcome a return.

I would discuss about The Forerunners, and Ur-Didact about not being gone, but I'm too lazy.

• Like 1

i want flood to come back they were my favorite enemy to fight cus they were annoying and angered me when i had trouble killing them, only thing i sure as he** hope they dont do is make another library level where it is all flood i hated those levels in halo 1, 2 (especially halo 2) and 3

• 5 weeks later...

With the introduction of the Prometheans and the UrDidact, the Flood are 100% confirmed to return. Those Prometheans were made by the UrDidact to purposefully combat the flood. We all know how he used it on the space station of scientists, and also on New Phoenix in H4. Well before any of that, 100,000 years ago before he was put inside his Cryptum on Requiem, he used it on his own Forerunners, in an act of insanity, to ensure the Flood couldn't absorb them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay guys. I really want Cortana back... but I don't think it will happen. It just logically doesn't work, unless there's a twist. And, for those of you who say that Master Chief is holding an empty "Cortana" AI chip in the new trailer, it isn't possible. You know why? Because Cortana's AI chip was DESTROYED. It was destroyed in Halo 4, and I'm not sure if any of you remember. But, at the last mission, he inserts her into that stand-type thing, but then it blows up and disintegrates later on. So... what if that chip he's holding... what if he's trying to get Mendicent Bias? Since I know I can't explain this possibility so I'll let Halo5Follower do it, in his article. (Look for the blue text especially) All credit goes to him:

Our first topic is how Mendicant could have directed Chief to Requiem. We know Mendicant Bias as a Forerunner AI, he was buried in the Ark we saw in Halo 3, on Installation 0 to be specific. In fact Mendicant Bias tried to contact Chief in Halo 3′s Terminals, and his voice was heard in Halo 2′s Soundtrack. This AI has has sort of always been present in Halo.

f41.jpg

Mendicant Bias AI and Ur-Didact

But how could have Mendicant Bias sent Chief to Requiem? Chief and the Arbiter were both on the Forward Unto Dawn, when the portal cut the ship in half. But wait, what are the odds that would happen? Very slim kinda-odds. What if Mendicant Bias directed the portal cut off Chief’s end? Perhaps Mendicant Bias wanted Chief to end up Requiem, to wake the Didact.

But to defeat him, he’d have be granted the gift he ended up receiving from the Librarian. Why would Mendicant Bias want this? Well we all need to understand is that Mendicant Bias betrayed his creators, the Forerunners. However, he says he betrayed a former master, once again, in Halo 3.

[This is merely a quote and a narration, anything between the brackets shouldn't be taken seriously, and is just speculation]. And so here at the end of my life, I do once again betray a   former master[sending Chief to Requiem to defeat his master]. The path   ahead is fraught with peril. But I will do all I can to   keep it stable – keep you safe[Perhaps he wants Chief to   survive, and be granted the power from the Librarian]. I’m not so foolish to think this will absolve me of my sins. One life hardly balances billions [He once helped attack the forerunners in his day]. But I would have my   masters know that I have changed. And you shall be my  example. -Mendicant Bias in the last Terminal in Halo 3

So it seems that Mendicant Bias, may be trying to save Chief, and bring him to the Ark, where he is located at. But why? Well I’m personally trying to figure out the why. But our focus is on if he did it or not.

This isn’t just a theory, this a very educated Theory. However, here are some others. Many believe that Cortana will be absent in Halo 5, and return in Halo 6 (To finish off the Halo 4, 5 and 6). Without a companion, we may meet an old character, like Linda, Kelly, or even the Arbiter to fill the role, until Cortana returns, if she returns at all.

Halo Follower Break-Down

With the galaxy now at rest, the Covenant, the Flood and the Forerunners all gone, including the Ur-Didact, most likely. It seems like there needs to be another great distress, a huge problem will probably up-rise in Halo 5. Perhaps this why Chief is seeking out Mendicant Bias. In fact, this might be why he has the chip in the first place. We know it’s not Cortanas, it was destroyed in Halo 4′s ending. So why would Chief want Mendicant Bias on a chip? We might focus on this next time.

Well Mendicant Bias has been watching out for Chief, he has a great knowledge in the flood, and he probably wanted Chief to be granted the Librarian’s gift, and Mendicant Bias may have wanted the Didact to die. If you can piece any of this together, I’d be glad to share it.

I'm thinking that instead of it being Cortana's AI chip, it's an AI chip for Cortana, if that makes any sense. By that I mean maybe Dr. Halsey slipped him an extra AI chip that she just happened to have laying around (lol) and now he's on his search for mendicant bias because technically mendicant bias would be considered an ally for the Chief. Bias betrayed the forerunners (from what I've read) and was buried beneath the sands of The Ark. Mendicant Bias was the mystery "person" communicating with the Chief in Halo 3 through the terminals and I think that the reason chief is searching for him is because he is like the Einstein of Forerunners in terms of their technology and all AI. I mean Mendicant Bias does mean beggar after knowledge.