When did you start gaming?

Silent Orbis

When did you start gaming, and which game was it? Which console? Plus, later on in your gaming life?

I started at age 3

The game was Spyro

Console was the Playstation One

It was fun.

I loved it.

So....

I got a Playstation 2.

At age 5.

With ANOTHER Spyro game.

Later....

I got...

An Xbox 360 S, with....

Kinect...

SOLD: March 2013

Holiday 2013 Coming Soon....

Xbox ONe or PS4?

That's my gaming life! :)

• Like 2

A heap of my childhood in gaming was spent at my friend's place.

I only got a Gameboy at the age of 3, mostly playing Pokémon.

Got a Gameboy Advanced at the age of 5, again playing Pokémon.

I later went on to get a Nintendo DS at the age of 8 or so, played that for a long time - playing Pokémon.

I was only permitted a timeframe of 2 hours on a Saturday, to play these.

Throughout all of this, I always much preferred the original Xbox, which my friend had. We'd always play it, mostly playing games such as "Conker: Live and Reloaded" and the Halo series. This is where I got introduced to the franchise.

Soon enough, at around the age of 10, everyone had Xbox 360s. I was still, left with my crumby DS, later to get a Nintendo Wii - playing Dragon Ball Z.

Everyone would play Call of Duty on their Xbox 360s, so I'd play with them. At the time, CoD was my most loved game, because I didn't have the choice as to whether or not we play that or Halo.

I begged my parents for an Xbox and CoD, but they never gave in.

At about age 12, I got into PC gaming. I was still very heavily restricted, only being allowed a maximum of 3 hours on a Saturday.

Finally, at age 13, I got an Xbox 360 Slim, 250GB. I still wasn't allowed CoD, so I bought Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST. I also wasn't allowed Xbox Live Gold, so I'd play by myself most of the time.

At age 14, I finally received my first ever MA15+ game: Halo CEA. I still wanted Reach though, so I went on to purchase that later through the year. I would continue to forge alone until...

Finally, at age 15, I bought Xbox Live Gold. Not only that, but I also convinced my parents to allow me to use the Xbox on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. I later convinced them to furthermore allow me to game on every other day, aside from Mondays and Tuesdays.

Now, I spend most of my days on the Xbox or video/image editing on the PC. I have come an incredible way, and look forward to advancing even further. I intend on purchasing an Xbox One, with BF4 and Destiny.

• Like 2

I also started to play at age 3. My first gaming platform was the Nintendo 64 ( the best console IMO because of the awesome games like Kirby 64, Mario party, Mario kart, Dr. Mario...)

At age 4, I bought the Gameboy Advance and I played pokemon soulsilver and hearthgold on it :)

Then at age 7 I bought the old Xbox and I played a lot of Halo 2, MechAssault, Fuzion frenzy, Grand thef Auto San Andreas  and other awesome games.

At age 10, I bought the Nintendo Ds with a R4 (With the R4 I could hack some games and play with them).

Then at age 12 I bought the first Xbox 360 in wich I played Halo 3, grand thef Auto, Dynasty Warriors, Naruto games, Mortal combat...

2 years later I bought the Xbox Elite...

After some time, I got the Red ring of Death. So I bought another Xbox 360 and I have this xbox 360 for a long time.

That's all :)

Well I have genes from the very fist Single celled organism that contained the (What would someday become, blueprints for a love and passion for gaming...).

But in a more modern terms, you could almost say I was born gaming. I'm a gamer straight from the womb, and right to the tomb.

My first game was PC games for Windows 98 on a high-end early 90's computer that my dad purchased. It took over an hour just to turn on, and boot up, but back in 96 that was the bomb. Nightmare Ned,101 Dalmations: Escape from DeVil Manor, and some kinda Tonka truck video game were my firsts. Then came Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, and Nintendo 64.. That's when my gaming interest really started to take off. And its all history from there... Here I am today!

I can't remember the first game I ever played, but it certainly was on PC. W95. Until 6 years old, I played on PC. But then my brothers bought an Xbox, beautiful, black Xbox, with Dead or Alive 3. MY first game. Then a hundred of demos, I really LOVED to play them. I don't know why, they were special. But then, Halo: Combat Evolved.

Man, I swear I've passed so much time in the menu looking at that wonderful thing hanging out in space, with that...spectacular, astonishing music in the background. Ah.

What then? Let's just say I now have got about 80 games for the 360, and I sold a dozen more. Gaming is my life.

I also have a DSlite, but....meh.

Around 1997 - First system I ever played on was the SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System), which I played the following games a LOT: Super Mario World (my first ever game, and my favourite of all time), HyperZone, Super Mario AllStars, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.

Late 90's - During this time, and after I was a very sick kid, so I was in hospital a lot, luckily, they had a Nintendo 64, which I played the crap out of Super Mario 64. Which was a fantastic game, along with Super Mario Kart.

Around 2000/2005 - Played on my dad's PC just with basic Windows games and Desktop Destruction, I would also classify MS Paint as a game too, since I got a lot of entertainment from it. Would go to his work in the city, and just play on his computer for hours during the day, never getting bored of it.

2001 - My brother got the first Xbox, though I didn't play much on it, because it was too violent, I still enjoyed the little I did on it.

2002 - Got on Christmas MY first console, getting the Nintendo GameCube from 'Santa', got with it a few crappy games, but one very memorable, and close to my heart, Super Smash Bros. Melee. Played this game for months in total time, especially with my sister. It was fantastic present and console too.

Around 2004 - Got the GameBoy Advanced SP Tribal/Tattoo Edition. Though I only had two games on it, because I used my cousins GameBoy for Pokemon, I played my two games a lot, being Bionicle The Game and Yu-Gi-Oh.

2006 - Got the Nintendo DS Lite. My most played game was definitely Pokemon Diamond, racking up well over 1000 hours just on that game alone. I played a lot of other games too like New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart and Nintendogs for examples of the games I had/have. I played this console a lot, especially with my immediate family and cousins whenever we met up, a lot of fun I had on this.

2007-ish - My sister and I got a Nintendo Wii (some Nintendo trend not going on at all...), obviously with Wii Sports, but then getting Mario games and Mario Kart, and some other stuff that I have no idea. This however was indeed the worst console I got, no joke, it was just terrible.

2008 - Finally after long last, I got the Xbox 360. After years of last playing a Halo game *first being Halo 2* I decided to buy the console along with Halo 3 that it came with, which I now rate 3rd on my all time favourite games I've ever played. This lasted a long time, an unusual thing since the Xbox Pro console wasn't one to last to this day because of RROD. I got every Halo game after that, and took it everywhere whenever a LAN party came about. Still have the old thing, as a back up console, just incase.

2011 - My bought the Nintendo 3DS after the price drop Nintendo ordered, because it was nice and cheap. I loved this for the features and tools it provided, however, it just lacked the addiction my past Nintendo Consoles provided, and that was an end to a great Nintendo era I loved so much, and I moved on.

I purchased the Xbox 360 Slim 250GB console, for no reason except, and I quote to my dad "It has internal WiFi, and the WiFi adapter sucks. I'm getting the new console.". I then got Halo CE:A and last year, Halo 4. The console lasted me a while, but then I moved off from consoles in the past 6 months. This was the last console I bought.

2012 - I bought my own computer, a decently powerful gaming computer, this lasted me a while, even though I didn't have many games, I enjoyed the ones I had. This however went sour after many issues came out, and I was forced to have a non working computer for 3 months, it wouldn't even turn out a lot of the time.

2013 - I  upgraded the computer and essentially bought it again, since it was so entirely new, it's hardly the same. I went off consoles and went to this as my gaming choice instead, many games like Crysis 3, Skyrim, PlanetSide2 and Minecraft have been played for months in game time, and I don't regret it at all paying the extra cent for something that works well.

That basically sums up my gaming history to a short sharp dot point post, hope that explains what I've done with my life.

Edited by Azaxx
  • Like 1

Started a long a$$ time ago.

I think my first console was a Playstation 1... maybe a Gamecube. I don't know. All I know is I got a kick a$$ Spongebob TV when I got my Gamecube god knows how many years ago.

I remember getting my first Xbox 1 (not One dummies) long ago. I had Halo CE, and Halo 2. Played the living **** out of that Xbox. I played Battlefront 2, Republic Commandos, and Golden Eye 24/7 on that thing.

Then I heard of Halo 3, maybe in 2008-09, and eventually got my first 360 with Halo 3. It eventually broke of Red Ring, and I got a PS3 Slim after that in Christmas 2010.

Played the living **** out of the PS3 also, but my Step Dad got drunk one night and smashed it. I got an Xbox S in August 2011 I think, and with that my Xbox Live life began with Halo: Reach, and ensuing games after that.

Kept my Xbox S with me ever since then... well until I lost it... and found it a couple days ago. I haven't really felt the need to play games anymore I guess. I used to play games allot but I got off that stuff.

Am now waiting for the Xbox One to come out, with 2 Years, and 20,000 something Gamerscore of Xbox Live under my belt.

I believe I originally started when the first Spyro released...I knew I was in love with gaming from then on.

I bought the original Xbox and the first game I played on that was Halo...coincidence?   I think not :3

Since then I have gamed pretty much every day i was physically able to and if I was to guess how many games I have played to completion...it would be well over a thousand, if not more.

Gaming has served as a gate to me meeting some of my best friends...so its more then just a pass time for me ^_^

Edited by SykoWolf

I feel kinda old in here...

I first played on an Atari not sure the game I think it was asteroid. But when I grew up a bit the game that really got me hooked was Mario for the NES.

Great game got me hooked for life. Then all the SNES Marios, Mario Paint, Yoshi Island, etc. Had the N64 (and I know this is a crime) I didn't like it much... But Gamecube was great. Rogue Squadron, Luigi's Mansion, etc. And then to the Xbox of course Halo. And Xbox 360 with all the great titles.

I can't remember the first video game I played. My parents bought and NES for themselves back in the 80s when they were buying the house I was raised in. I probably played it a little bit but I was much too young to remember any of that now. They got a Sega Genesis when it first came out (at least that's what my uncle told me) this is what started me on games. I used to play Golden Axe and Sonic religiously (I still do too). My next system was the PS1 my whole family would play it together, I played a lot of fighting games with my father and sister, especially Tekken 2 and the original Dynasty Warriors. After a while the rest of my family lose interest and I started to play it on my own. When the PS2 came out My parents got me it for christmas and I started buying my own games and I've been playing since then.

3 or 4 years old- Playstation 1, Most played game Woody Woodpecker Racing; Nascar Racing 2003

5 years old- Gamecube, Most played game Mario Kart Double Dash; SSB:Melee; Super Mario Sunshine; Mario Party 5

9 years old- Wii, Most played games SSB:Brawl; Mario Kart Wii; Lego Star Wars:The Complete Saga;

11 years old- PS2, Most played games SWBFII; Medal of Honour; 

13 years old-Xbox 360, Most played games COD:BO; Halo: Reach; Halo 4

between 7-15 years old most gaming I did was on Gameboy, DS Lite, and 3DS; With way too many games to name.

I was just 3 the year was 1984ish and the console was a atari 7600 played on a 12in monochrome monitor. the game was choplifter I loved dropping bombs on tanks and picking up survivors and flying them back to the base.

After that I had a fling with the comadoor before I found duck hunt and Mario To this day duck hunt is the reason I play halo the loud clik of the spring the flash on the screen and the dog just laughing every click after that just to try and shoot the dog like the old man in zelda.

I got my first tast of halo like game play from 2 games the first was wolfinstine and the second was from the creator's of halo bungie it was pathways into darkness I did badly at it on my apple IIe.

Ah the good old days of gaming I did get to play some of the first 1v1 in 1990 on dile up Internet the game was DOOM it was awesome.

• Like 1

When did you start gaming, and which game was it? Which console? Plus, later on in your gaming life?

I started at age 3

The game was Spyro

Console was the Playstation One

It was fun.

I loved it.

So....

I got a Playstation 2.

At age 5.

With ANOTHER Spyro game.

Later....

I got...

An Xbox 360 S, with....

Kinect...

SOLD: March 2013

Holiday 2013 Coming Soon....

Xbox ONe or PS4?

That's my gaming life! :)

I started gaming back in 1997 playing Doom, and then counter-strike and unreal tournament in 1999.

I started gaming at age 5 playing playstation and NES. When I turned 6 I got a PS2 and constantly play micro cars 2. At age 10 I got my first Xbox from a friend n I played need for speed carbon, PGR, forza Motorsport (I have a sweet hack if any one wants it) and then halo combat evolved. I got my Wii at age 12 n monster hunter at age 13..... I miss those times.......for monster hunter but the online servers are down. I got my first 360 at age 13, then another at age 14 that one is thankfully still ok

I only dabbled in gaming until after I was an adult. Someone made me play Halo. Then they made me play again. I was horrible. Then something about the artwork made me want to explore the campaign, seeing every tiny detail... Now I game daily end of story ;)