Halo: Requiem(RP Thread)

VinWarrior

Sam was turned around, looking back at Ashley. She didn't know who to answer to first now. She awkwardly looked back to Eric. "O-one second sir I'm sorry!" She went over to Ashley and explained what happened to the best of her ability. Then, turning back to Eric, she said "I was just wondering if you", She stopped to let a cold shiver pass, "Wanted to talk?"

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh there are more, that's what the outside racket is. I don't suppose you know how to deactivate this thing do you? Unless you like being in an alien cell, that is." Replied Mal as he searched the Covenant equipment in the room. He didn't see any obvious control panels.

Ike found the room that Mal happened to be in after enough walking and boredom. "So? Whatcha lookng at? This alien thing? I bet I can deactivate it." Ike looked pretty funny making a bet, Crossing his arms  like he was so confident.

Taylor burst into the room, his Shotgun aimed and ready, it was some sort of monitor room, but the covenant were using it to control things, Taylor looked at a large monitor above him, he saw Ike, Mal, and some other female marine, but they were separated by a shield wall, Taylor noticed a small device sitting on the desk, he closed his eyes and hoped to good it wouldn't blow up anything, he clicked it, as he saw the shield blocking the three go down, Taylor felt a breeze pass by his shoulder, as he quickly grabbed his shotgun and turned, firing, as a large, metallic creature flew backwards, disintegrating into orange ash, Taylor noticed his kill and thrust himself back in horror, this metal creature that tried to attack him was something new and deadly, he mustered the courage to walk toward it, crouching below, as in the ash, what looked like a gun was left behind, it was large and metallic, Taylor picked it up, docking it at his side, as he turned, opening the next door. As he walked down the hallway with caution, he noticed a room, with an open door, he peeked in to see what was inside, as he could make out the body of an incredibly large, hulking metal monster, it held a Storm Elite in the air, as it threw it across the room, firing on it with another metal weapon, which was larger and deadlier, almost like a shotgun. The monster then turned to look at Taylor, it's head open, with a glowing skull piercing out of it, as Taylor turned and began running for the Pelican, as he yelled into the comm, "Mal, get everyone on the pelican now! Do you hear me, now! We've got trouble!"

"Well..... I did it?!" Ike said puzzled. "I wonder how this happened! Because I sure of hell did nothing! Ike stated honestly. "So what do we do now Mal? Do we celebrate? Do we throw knives at a board? Dont leave me hanging here."

Edited by The Dumb Marine

"Trouble? Whats so deadly about a walking talking tin can?" Ike walked over to Taylor and noticed the huge metal creature. "HOLY F***ING S***!!" Ike whispered, But still freaked out. "Ill go check it out..." Ike went into active camo and snuck up behind the creature, Which was facing the opposite direction. Ike took his knife out and stabbed it, Only to see ash come out of it. He noticed the sword it was weilding and grabbed it and stabbed its abdomen, Only to see it disolve. "What the...?" Ike found a huge looking cannon in its ashes. "What is this? A  cannon?" Ike picked it up and its pieces came together like a puzzle. "Woah...." Ike shot at a wall, only to see a huge mass of red fly out and turn the wall into nothing. "Im not keeping this. Too over powered..." Ike then noticed something on the ground that looked like the shape of an arrow, He picked it up and pressed a button on it, Which enabled him to see through walls. "Im going to totally keep this." Ike walked back over to Taylor. "What the f*** are these things!" Ike questioned.

[Don't count this post, due to the Extremely OP abilities shown here.]

"Sure..." Mumbled Mal as he ran out of the room. He wandered the corridors, making sure he wasn't followed before making a left instead of a right. He jammed radar systems in the area around him and snuck through the facility. He turned into the medical lab, unscathed by fighting and got to work.

With the turn of events unfolding at an alarming speed, Vivian seemingly had no choice but to run from the mayhem. Unarmed, she wasn't much use to anyone who wasn't wounded and outside of an active combat zone. When one barked an order to another to evacuate everyone, she followed the first person out, this "Mal." After a while, she lost track of him. Glancing down one end of the corridor, she saw blackness, save for a few flickering emergency lights, and at the other end she saw an exit to the flight pads.

"Sh**..." she muttered, torn between trying to find and assist her rescuers and evacuating. As far as she knew, this was a rescue operation, thus she was their objective. The last thing she needed was to compromise them by returning to the danger. She let out a heavy sigh and exited the base, hoping that said Pelican was nearby.

"The engines? Look, I'm not that cold."

Eric stood up and began to search the top compartments in the pelican. Nothing of interest. He dropped down and looked at everyone.

"I'm sure there's a bloody blanket around here or something, There has to be."

He continued the vain search, tearing at the insides of the pelican.

"There has to be something we can use to keep warm!"

Ike was back at the pelican, Since he got bored of walking around with Mal, Too serious. When Ike got back he said, "Nope, No emergency blankets out there. Figures... So, what are you snow cones up to?" Ike said jokingly, hoping they would enjoy the humor.

"Just keep walking..." Ty said, his teeth chattering. "You'll find something... Something...."

Ty had been walking for a few hours, alone after the Infinity had fallen. He managed to drop in time to save himself, but now he was wandering through a tundra, Lost and freezing.

"Want... wanna lay down..... can't... can't lay down.... laying down.... bad...." He muttered to himself.

Knee deep in snow, his fatigues were thoroughly soaked, and Hypothermia was starting to look like a real problem, not to mention, exhaustion was affecting his mental state.

"I can't feel my f----in' Legs!!!" He yelled out, randomly. "Or my fingers.... or my balls...." He said, quietly this time.

Stumbling again, he found himself face first in the snow.

"Ow...."

He hoisted himself up, and trudged on.

"Come on Ty.... Think warm thoughts... Hot Chocolate.... Heaters.... Blankets.... bed..." He felt his eyes begin to close, and his shook his head violently to stay awake. "No! no warm thoughts... warm thoughts bad....."

Looking past the falling snow, he could see a silhouette in the distance.

"Is that...."

He increased his pace, using what energy he had left.

"Oh please.... Please at least be a place to rest...."

He stumbled as he jogged through the snow, the building slowly entering his view.

"F--- Yes! A UNSC Base!" I said, jumping with joy. "F--- you snow! you can't stop me!"

He picked up his pace as the depth of the snow decreased. He flipped on his radio, set to all frequencies.

"UNSC base. This is Staff Sergeant MacMillan, 3rd ODSTs, UNSC Infinity. Anyone home? I could use a nice cup of cocoa, over."

Just as Vivian stepped out to the open air, cold began to bite at her face. Instictively, she raised a gloved hand, shielding her exposed face from the cold, cursing herself for not keeping her scarf handy. It was the one other thing that her captors took from her, aside from...well everything else but her armor.

She made it into Pelican, casually stepping by the surrounding personnel all of them Spartans. She tilted her head up to look one of them in the visor. She was about to speak when a voice caught her attention.

"There has to be something we can use to keep warm," a man said, standing out from the group, mainly due to his lack of MJOLNIR bulk.

"There should be some instant-hot packs in medlab. I can take us there. Otherwise," she shrugged, "you could always use your flameless ration heaters."

With that, she moved further in, glancing around, taking stock of the situation she was in. She wanted to get out of there, but despite this she didn't take a seat just yet. "Got any spare weapons? They took mine."

Eric looked towards the source of the voice. It was a new one. He stopped rummaging and picked up his rifle.

"You know the way?"

He looked at the new face. No weapons he could see. He handed her his AR and his spare mags. He drew a pistol and checked it.

"You're probably better with it then I am. Lead the way sir."

Frederik looked down at the planet below him. It rotated in his vision as his breath fogged up the visor in front of his face. He called this planet home now, but could never think of it as home. The continents were all unfamiliar to him.

The wreckage of human and alien technology floated perfectly above its atmosphere. The scars of battles fought three years ago were still as noticeable now as they were back then. This was the planet his species protected at all costs.

"This is where everything ended..." he murmured. The images of those alien monsters that attacked his home planet four years ago flickered through his mind. He looked up towards the stars. They spun around in circles, little sapphires and rubies hanging in the void of space. "I wonder what else is out there..."

"Whoa - Sergeant MacMillan - where're you goin', man?" the foreman squawked over comms, yanking Frederik back towards the project at hand. "We gotta finish repairin' this - ODST! If you ain't careful, you're gonna plummet straight towards - Infinity!" He paused for a second, then continued, "There's only one guy who survived a fall from - home? - and he died in 2553 savin' us from space monkeys!" Frederik looked at the foreman, who handed him a soldering iron. "If we have every guy fallin' from orbit cuz that cyborg survived, we're gonna wind up with a lotta dead - cocoa - got it?! Now let's finish repairing these wire connections. Any chatter being rerouted through this thing'll get lost if we don't! The UNSC's counting on us!"

Samantha's face appeared in his head. He blinked, and the picture of the red-haired teenager disappeared. "Got it," Frederik replied.

OOC: Fun fact, listened to this song while composing this post.

Edited by Maestro the Stampede

Sam watched, Eric and the girl start to walk away. She felt weird about it. Perhaps it was the suddenness of the situation or the way her voice was but she couldn't help but feel something negative in her chest. "Good luck!" She called after them before thinking about it. She wanted to be heard by them but knew they were out of earshot. She pursed her lips and slanted them slightly to the right as well. 

Vivian pulled the MA5C's magazine, glanced the rounds over, then slapped it in with a fresh click. The weapon's topside display accomodated her with an azure 32, indicative of a full magazine. When the man, seemingly an ODST, claimed he wasn't proficient with the weapon, she was about to ask why he was carrying it in the first place, but that's when he referred to her as "sir."

Her mouth opened to speak, but all that came out was an apathetic, "Yeah..."

With that, she turned about, doing a double-take and snatching of the Pelican's first aid kits before she leapt off the back. Again, the cold nipped at her skin, so she made it an effort in getting back inside, her ad hoc partner close behind as she dug through weather's obstacles. Their jog left a cloud of dusty snow in their wake, and as they reentered the base, a wave of inside heat nearly knocked her over thanks to the difference in air pressure.

Past the first door, she swept left to right with her MA5 as she cut across to the other side of the room in a diagonal. She braced her back to the wall, one foot paralleled to the door and a hand over the control panel. She bobbed her head at the ODST, counting down silently, down to three. Her palm smacked the controls, the door parted with a hiss. Months of training kicked in as she pushed off of her back foor, swinging herself around the corner with the rifle raised. Reflex was everything when it came to breaching, and as she moved in, she was thankful to have taken boot camp seriously.

A lone Sangheili Ranger was skulking the hallway. She had him dead to rights, but that didn't matter; he too knew he was threatened. Before he could swing himself around and even raise his plasma repeater, Vivian had cut loose with a full spray of 7.62 NATO. His shields warped and twisted, expanding like an overfilled neon balloon until it burst with an electric pop. She eased off the trigger once to appropriate another shot.

The break in fire allowed her eyes to readjust in the dim light. The Elite stumbled back once, jarred by the shield failure, but raised his weapon again. Nyro didn't wait, pulling the slack on her trigger until it let out another roar of FMJ. The rounds sparked through its armor, streams of blood spraying out as it twitched and fell backwards. Scanning for anymore threats, her eyes flicked back and forth, once at her MA5 display--17, it read.

"Clear," she muttered, moving forward.

Eric followed his partners movements, doing as he was told. This was his first actual breaching since basic. Still, the training is good enough to stick with you. Like riding a bike.

He was impressed by the speed of the kill too. "Clear" he heard, so he began to move, holding his magnum steady. He carefully moved towards the body. It was dead alright. The pools of blue had began to form around it. It was pretty in an odd way. Still, he had his sights on the head, just in case. He turned his head back towards his partner.

"You got to teach me to shoot like that...sir."

He looked back up and around. He was clueless about this base. That's bad enough for a full squad, but for a two-person team it seemed like suicide.

"I'm right behind you."