Yeah, in Halo 4 everyone was distinct in terms of loadouts. You had no idea what you could be up against, which is kind of a good thing. :)

But that kinda backfired in the end didn't it? Something I do have to give credit for in term of their loadout system is that unlike cod and battlefields systems, where certain combos eventually just take top teir, I find that isnt the case here, which is actually quite comendable

But that kinda backfired in the end didn't it? Something I do have to give credit for in term of their loadout system is that unlike cod and battlefields systems, where certain combos eventually just take top teir, I find that isnt the case here, which is actually quite comendable

That's a very good point. I didn't notice that until you mentioned it right now. :) Everyone in Halo 4 use different things and it's fairly balanced. You don't see everyone using the same loadouts as eachother. I'm sure some of you are familiar with a popular Call of Duty Youtuber named Ali-A. He used to make Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 loudout tutorial videos. Eventually you saw at least one person with one of those loadouts in each game. That's one of the reasons why I will never buy a Call of Duty again, ever. Good point overall though. ;) Halo has fair loadouts, nothing is really "Overpowered". Everything could be balanced.

• Like 1

Better idea. No AAs. No sprint, just a faster player movement speed in general. No custom loadouts. You start with a pistol and AR in regular slayer and then have a separate BR slayer. Boom, your mind blown. 

That's boring and counter productive. The ability to have choice is a good thing, when balanced, if you can't be constructive, and just want to be someone who just says, remove all, its bad, don't post. Balancing what we have is a better way forward.

• Like 1

That's boring and counter productive. The ability to have choice is a good thing, when balanced, if you can't be constructive, and just want to be someone who just says, remove all, its bad, don't post. Balancing what we have is a better way forward.

I couldn't agree less. You're making valuable points that i hope 343 consider. ;)

• Like 1

Yeah. I like having choices. I've got to say my favorite matches have been the ones where I only get the choice of primary weapon. I think I'd hate ARs or BRs only...

Yes. That's exactly what they did in Halo Reach. You had to have the pistol. They actually did do this in Halo 4 but it didn't happen in all of the matches. I think it depends on the type of Big Team Slayer that you vote to play.

Upon review of how I feel Personal Loadouts should be implemented, I've seen the role of 'secondaries'/sidearms as somewhat superficial. Rather than balancing "secondary weapons" into lesser roles, I think they should be treated simply as "weapons" (balancing them to be on-par but different from the existing "primary" weapons) and allow players the option of any combination of them. In other words:

Pick Any Two

• Assault Rifle
  • Storm Rifle
  • M7S SMG*
  • Plasma Rifle (headshot multiplier)
  • Battle Rifle
  • Covenant Carbine
  • M6 Magnum variant (I'm leaning toward the M6C/SOCOM*)

* From Halo 3: ODST; silencer/suppressor isn't needed, but wouldn't harm gameplay regardless.
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Choice of at only primaries and secondaries has become the most popular comprimise, one I agree with. being able to choose as your primary from CC,BR,AR and Storm Rifle and secondaries as this Needle Pistol Idea, Magnum, SMG amd Plasma Rifle. No grenade choice and AAs are on map equipment like Halo 3. This thread is about a comprimise that suitibly allows for choice while remaining an arena shooter.

Arena Shooters must have BALANCED not necessarily identical starts.

The Carbine, BR and DMR are very distinct. The Light Rifle was a cross skin of the BR and DMR. If you go back other my precision weapon balancing thread, you will find plans for a weapon I designed the mechanics for named the Molten Rifle. Give it a read, I am sure you will find it very unique, and worthy of a slot due to this.

Many are in the believe that the Storm Rifle and Plasma Rifle should get their Halo CE traits back to make them more distinct, and give reason for there to be a choice. When you make a reason to have the choice, It becomes worth trying.

Take another look at my Precision Rifle thread.

If you could Choose between the Molten Rifle, BR and Carbine for Precisions and My AR mechanics, A more classic Mechanics wise Plasma/Storm Rifle and Some other more unique automatic Forerunner weapon for primaries, and all the secondaries I mention, does that seem more inline with a sensible and closer to classic feel? Or atleast For social. social will let you pick your starts, while in ranked, there would be gametypes that start with each weapon, such as BR Slayer, Carbine Slayer and MMolten Slayer.

does this seem better

The Carbine, BR and DMR are very distinct. The Light Rifle was a cross skin of the BR and DMR. If you go back other my precision weapon balancing thread, you will find plans for a weapon I designed the mechanics for named the Molten Rifle. Give it a read, I am sure you will find it very unique, and worthy of a slot due to this.

Many are in the believe that the Storm Rifle and Plasma Rifle should get their Halo CE traits back to make them more distinct, and give reason for there to be a choice. When you make a reason to have the choice, It becomes worth trying.

Take another look at my Precision Rifle thread.

If you could Choose between the Molten Rifle, BR and Carbine for Precisions and My AR mechanics, A more classic Mechanics wise Plasma/Storm Rifle and Some other more unique automatic Forerunner weapon for primaries, and all the secondaries I mention, does that seem more inline with a sensible and closer to classic feel? Or atleast For social. social will let you pick your starts, while in ranked, there would be gametypes that start with each weapon, such as BR Slayer, Carbine Slayer and MMolten Slayer.

does this seem better

Making the weapons have unique traits (ala the CE plasma rifle) is always a good idea and one that should never have been done away with.

The weapons do have unique traits

AR - Fully auto/good against health/weak against shields 

BR- Burst/good against health/weak against shields 

Storm Rifle - Fully auto/weak against health/ good against shields

I think you get the point. That is a core fundamental of the Halo games 343 would never be so silly and take these out. 

The weapons do have unique traits

AR - Fully auto/good against health/weak against shields 

BR- Burst/good against health/weak against shields 

Storm Rifle - Fully auto/weak against health/ good against shields

I think you get the point. That is a core fundamental of the Halo games 343 would never be so silly and take these out

The Storm rifle and Assault Rifle remove shields in the same amount of shots in Halo 4. Try it.  They did take out a core fundamental.