Sup, Community? This is Darkrain491 with the best way to keep loadouts but balance them effectively. I recently posted a related thread that was side tracked. So please keep this thread solely on loadouts, and on posting your ideas and suggesting improvements on other peoples but first some things that I want to make clear and are facts and are not negotiable or deniable.

1: The secong fire mode of the Boltshot is a shotgun mode and is OP despite its Nerf. Some people maintain that it is not a shotgun.

2: Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades in Loadouts IS overpowered, without a doubt.

3: The amount of Flinch the DMR causes is far to much, and flinch should be removed entirely.

4: this thread is only about loadouts

5: Sprint for everyone as a default should be kept as the majority of Halo 4 maps are big, and Halo 5 should have much of the same, but made better with better initial weapons and better spawns.

Primary Weapon Choices:

UNSC Precision:

Battle Rifle: Shield Break 3 Bursts, Health 3 Bursts, 2x Zoom. 36 mag (12 bursts)

DMR: Shield Break 4 Shots, Health 3 Shots, 3x Zoom 15 mag

UNSC Automatic:

Assualt Rifle: Shield Break 12 Shots, Health 6 Shots, No Zoom. 32 Mag.

ODST Silenced SMG: Shield Break 18 Shots, Health 10 Shots, 2x Zoom. 48 Mag.

Covenant Precision (Arbeiter's Faction):

Covenant Carbine: Shield Break 6 Shots, Health 4 Shots, 2x Zoom. 18 Mag

Covenant Automatic Weapons:

Plasma Rifle: Shield Break 8 Shots, Health 10 Shots.

Plasma Repeater: Shield Break 14 Shots, Health 10 Shots. (No overheat, venting system, high fire rate)

Storm Precision Weapons (Jul M'daama's faction)

Needle Rifle: Shield Break 7 Shots, Health 3 Shots (SuperCombine), 2x Zoom. 21 Mag.

Storm Automatic Weapons

Storm Rifle: Shield Break 8 Shots, Health 10 Shots. (Higher Firerate than Plasma Rifle, Overheats faster)

Brute Militia Precision Weapon

Thorn Rifle: Shield Break 4 Shots, Health 3 Shots, 3.5x Zoom, High Bloom. 15 Mag.

Brute Militia Automatic Weapon:

Spiker: Shield Break 14 Shots, Health 12 Shots, Bonus Melee damage large Magazine (52)

Forerunner Precision Weapons:

Light Rifle: (Unzoomed) Shield Break 4 Bursts, Health 3 Shots, 36 Magazine

(Zoomed) Shield Break 3 Shots, Health 2 Shots, 3x Zoom, 12 Shots a Magazine

Promethean Automatic Weapon

Suppressor: Shield Break 13 Shots, Health 13 Shots, 48 magazine

Armour Abilities

Now these are centered around more balanced Gameplay and not player benefits.

Player Self Aid:

Active Camo: Note (These ideas are from another thre and are NOT my original ideas but i liked them alot so i feel the need to spread these new Active Camo Abilities) Active Camo in its current form is an op camo campers dream. these changes take their dream and turn it against them. The new Active Camo works better the FASTER you move, causing the players position to always be revealed but they will be invisible, So now it is better for crossing open fields where there is little cover opening new stategies instead of improving old camping metheods. now that you will always be on radar, there is no need for the radar jammer, but we will come back to that. While active, promethean vision will not work on you while you are sprinting.

Evade: Now that all players have ready to use sprint, evade is limited to one use per cooldownbut otherwise is the same as hali reaches, this replaces thruster pack

Jump Pack: This replaces the currently OP jetpack this is a single use upwards thrust thay luanches a player into the air by about 15 feet in a slow arch movement, similar to the brute jump packs in Halo 3.

Promethean Vision: Same effects as Halo 4. people are diffently affected while they have active Radar jammer or Active camo. Drop shields and Regen Fields are highlighted in blue and green respectivly. Players who are not moving will be fully highlighted red, not just red outlines.

Suppirt Self Aid:

Armour Lock: By removing the ability to stun those who melee an armour locked player and the EMP effect on players (but will still affect vechicles) this armour ability becomes not overpowered and cannot he abused the way it was in reach. now it will be good for anti-vechicle and explosion surviving, the way bungie meant it to be used.

Hard light shield: Provides an alternative to armour lock that gives the user more mobility at the cost of less protection, it will work as it currently does

Grenade Resistance: 10 seconds (Interupptable) of lessened grenade damage (players will still killed one hit with full shields when stuck) offers yet another alternative to armour lock that allows full mobility but only reduced damage from grenades and not all forms of damage (AA version of explosives support package)

Stamina: While active, provides the user with faster reloads and indefinate sprint (Mix of the mobility and dexterity packages)

Support:

Drop Shield: (Assume a return of the medpacks and health system) Creates a bubble shield (stronger than reaches, weaker than Halo 3s) that while within it your will automatically regain healt But not shields, but they will start to recharge normally.

Regeneration Field: The Opposite of Drop Shield. This AA will automatically recharge TEAMATES shields but not their health their is also no bubble effect or vison obscuring

Radar Jamming: Due to the new removal of radar jamming on Active Camoflage, it can be made into an AA that Does this: Creates false enemy and teamate indicators on enemy motion sensors that are within range. prevents the player being seen on promethean vision while walking or sprinting.

EMP drop mine: Large EMP AoE detantion that stuns vechicles and drains shields but emits green light and beeps loudly, can be triggerd by shooting or pressing AA button again, long recharge time.

Seconadary Weapons:

ODST silanced Pistol: Shield Break 5 Shots, Health 3 Shots, 2x Zoom

Halo 4 Magnum: Shield Break 4 Shots, Health 3 Shots, 2x Zoom

Halo 3 Magnum: Shield Break 3 Shots, Health 2 Shots, No Zoom, Slowest firerate of secondarys

Second Primary: Player may subsitute their armour ability to spawn with a second primary weapon of the same faction as their primary

All player have defualt frags, not changable.

Packages are removed entirely, Waypoints to power weapons are removed, except when within 5 feet of the weapon, Flinch is removed and replaced with the zoom out when shot.

these are my revised loadout system to balance the game and promote team work, as protecters and and aiding teamates with the support armour abilities will earn you bonus credits used to buy SOME armour pieces, some are unlocked via set requirements e.g 15 perfections. Credits DO NOT act as EXP and the ranking system is similar to Halo 2 crossed with halo 3s

Please tell me what you think!

• Like 4

See, once again that like having the package system, which is what ruins halo 4 and pushes away teamwork. So no I disagree. the only way I say choice of spieces is if it works like Halo 2/3 or halo reach where it is for certain gametypes, but not one spieces has stuff over the others. Becuase a brute could easily pick up say a Saw or AR or BR and become a untouchable juggernaut in the right hands and and making spartans the weakest kinda defeats the purpose of "super soldiers"

And not being able to use weapons not made by your spieces? Hasnt halo already shown that spartans know how to handle said weapon and the same goes for elites. so ultimately, doing so makes the game boring and again ther are forerunner weapons, what bout those? if all factions can use these then they might aswell all use anything. and i reiterate. NO ORDINANCE. this is another contributing factor to the dwindiling teamwork in Halo 4. Also it is established in the books that the powers that be in the UNSC are secretly arming members of the storm (the group you fight in halo 4) so that they will kill the arbeiter and prevent an Elite Human alliance. so the storm by canon already use human weapons (albiet not ingame, yet)

I would like to add that your Ideals for Elites sound overpowered so once again no matter how hrd it was tried, it would always result in on spieces being better than the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, how about some ideas? Here are 3 Vechicle Ideas I had:

Promethean Dragon:

Forerunner Skycraft V-TOL:

This Aircraft would have something in common with the Light Rifle. It has two modes.

First mode or Hover mode works similar to the Hornet, It has a Launcher that Fires Incineration Cannon Blasts but has long recharge time, and some soupped up dual suppressor cannons. The second mode is like the banshee, it has its manouverability and trick, but at the cost of the Incineration cannon launcher. Pressing "Y" would activate these changes and the respective tricks are the same.

UNSC wolf:

One man scout vechicle:

This Bike style vechicle would act like a UNSC ghost, but its base move ment speed is faster but it has nno boost ability, but it has explosive shots much like the brute chopper.

Storm Locust:

Storm Mech

Technically not a new vechicle but new to Mainstream games, the locust would provide a storm alternative to the mantis.

I would also like to a return of all previous vechicle for at least forge mode.

• 1 month later...

What about classes, no personal ordinance and no weapons not made by your species (load-outs)

the classes would be this:

Brute: slow and strong, not many weapons

Elite: tallest and fastest, largest choice of weapons

Spartan: shortest and weakest, good choice of weapons

You shall be killed. Spartans are a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay stronger than Brutes or Elites.

You shall be killed. Spartans are a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay stronger than Brutes or Elites.

Brutes are stronger than spartans. They have bigger bodies and muscles. In the book Halo First Strike, Master Chief is almost killed by a Brute because the brute was too strong for him.

I personally don't think the jetpack in Halo 4 is OP. maybe jetpacks were a problem in Reach but in Halo 4, the jetpacks are set just the way they should be. I mean, come on it is a jetpack.

Yeah I agree, the Jetpack isn't really OP. I think it's the same in Halo 4, just as Halo Reach.

I like most of the ideas, but the Brute precision weapons don't make sense. Brutes are a Roid Rage, charge headfirst into battle type of species, so being precise doesn't matter to them. 

Yeah, they're more like the the guys who kill anything they see in any way. The Elites and Spartans are more strategic. They can be more precise or stealthy than the brutes. The brutes have more muscle though. I still like the ideas though. Really creative. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, they're more like the the guys who kill anything they see in any way. The Elites and Spartans are more strategic. They can be more precise or stealthy than the brutes. The brutes have more muscle though. I still like the ideas though. Really creative. :)

It was simply for Diversity. They may be roid rage, but in H3 Campaign, they did use carbines and even beam rifles on occasion

Tsavo Highway, infront of the tunnel the drones come out of, a brute use a beam rifle.

they arnt all idiots.

Also, I do not consider the Jetpacks to be OP themselves, its the way they have come to be used. If someone has just got into cover behind a rock then thoowsh! jetpack over the rock no chance.

It was simply for Diversity. They may be roid rage, but in H3 Campaign, they did use carbines and even beam rifles on occasion

Tsavo Highway, infront of the tunnel the drones come out of, a brute use a beam rifle.

they arnt all idiots.

Also, I do not consider the Jetpacks to be OP themselves, its the way they have come to be used. If someone has just got into cover behind a rock then thoowsh! jetpack over the rock no chance.

True, they can be precise with shooting, but I still see them as idiots because as soon as you knock their armour off...do I really have to say more?

I still don't think that makes the Jetpack over powered. As soon as they get in the air they are still risking being shot at.

True, they can be precise with shooting, but I still see them as idiots because as soon as you knock their armour off...do I really have to say more?

I still don't think that makes the Jetpack over powered. As soon as they get in the air they are still risking being shot at.

I also think that the altering of jetpacks to jumpacks would actually play more to te way jetpacks were intended to be used, getting to high places quickly, not instant aireial advantage

Huh... I feel like the jetpacks in H4 are underpowered... they don't climb like they used to, and you can't get anywhere the same amount of distance. Additionally maps aren't designed with 'jetpack shortcuts' like it seemed they used to be. In Reach there were maps where you could significantly shorten travel time by flying over a wall, jumping to the top of a structure, jetting over chasms, or by taking nature's downward express and feathering out a soft landing.

Jump packs do sound sort of fun though. I imagine it would function sort of like a portable short-range mancannon. It would kind of fling you in whatever direction you were facing.  I can see it being crazy overpowered as well... It could easily make you more maneuverable than a vehicle... I think it could be very hard to balance. Too high and you'd be dead every single time. Too low and it would only be a bunny hop. Too fast and it would be game-breaking in terms of getting around the map, but too slow and it would be kinda worthless.

I could see it as being functionally similar to jetpack in terms of height achieved and distance traveled, but have the jetpack exclusive to UNSC and jumppack exclusive to Covenant. Just to add a flair of flavor to each faction.

Huh... I feel like the jetpacks in H4 are underpowered... they don't climb like they used to, and you can't get anywhere the same amount of distance. Additionally maps aren't designed with 'jetpack shortcuts' like it seemed they used to be. In Reach there were maps where you could significantly shorten travel time by flying over a wall, jumping to the top of a structure, jetting over chasms, or by taking nature's downward express and feathering out a soft landing.

Jump packs do sound sort of fun though. I imagine it would function sort of like a portable short-range mancannon. It would kind of fling you in whatever direction you were facing.  I can see it being crazy overpowered as well... It could easily make you more maneuverable than a vehicle... I think it could be very hard to balance. Too high and you'd be dead every single time. Too low and it would only be a bunny hop. Too fast and it would be game-breaking in terms of getting around the map, but too slow and it would be kinda worthless.

I could see it as being functionally similar to jetpack in terms of height achieved and distance traveled, but have the jetpack exclusive to UNSC and jumppack exclusive to Covenant. Just to add a flair of flavor to each faction.

Those are some good points about the jump pack. I do agree that the jetpack in Halo Reach felt like it took us much higher and further. In Halo 4 it takes longer to take off. I think there are some shortcuts for the jetpack in Halo 4 though. I didn't used to use it but now I use it in my Battle Rifle loadout. ;)

Those are some good points about the jump pack. I do agree that the jetpack in Halo Reach felt like it took us much higher and further. In Halo 4 it takes longer to take off. I think there are some shortcuts for the jetpack in Halo 4 though. I didn't used to use it but now I use it in my Battle Rifle loadout. ;)

10 feet in the air (basically gravlift hight in H3) at the speed of a brutes jumppack from H3 and only in an arc eg

______

/            \

/              \

/                 ___

/

o

/I\

/\_________________________

Cooldown of 15-20 seconds

or you can hold the L stick to orientate your arcs direction

10 feet in the air (basically gravlift hight in H3) at the speed of a brutes jumppack from H3 and only in an arc eg

______

/            \

/              \

/                 ___

/

o

/I\

/\_________________________

Cooldown of 15-20 seconds

or you can hold the L stick to orientate your arcs direction

A jump pack would be a great feature and would work really well in the game in my opinion. ;)

Good ideas. :)

1: The secong fire mode of the Boltshot is a shotgun mode and is OP despite its Nerf. Some people maintain that it is not a shotgun.

2: Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades in Loadouts IS overpowered, without a doubt.

3: The amount of Flinch the DMR causes is far to much, and flinch should be removed entirely.

Okay, Darkrain had a pretty broad first topic, so I'll bring up these.

1. I've always thought the boltshot would be balanced if it was more like the mauler. The one-hit KO is pretty powerful, even at nerf'd stage. It just doesn't happen as often. The mauler had a one-two combo of a shot then a melee for the KO. It worked pretty well and didn't make it so a critically wounded player could straight up win a fight with a fresh player.

Additionally the 'shotgun' mode is the only way I seemed to be killed by the boltshot. The single fire mode seems woefully underpowered. I think the same goes for the PP. If the single shots were more viable, I think we'd see a little less of the alternate fire modes.

2. As a warthog driver I've got to say: YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP. I dislike "Infinity" gametypes, like non-"Infinity" gametypes, and love "Legendary" gametypes. The reason I love "Legendary" is because of the lack of sticky and plasma pistol spawns. I'm okay with the combo itself, but I don't think a person should have access to it every five seconds. Even if a rocket launcher instantly spawns in the middle of the map, you'd have to move to get it. That takes a little bit of time and gives the enemy a chance to stop you.

3. On one of my DMR classes I use the "stability" perk. That usually fixes the problem nicely. I do agree that the flinch can seem a little ridiculous at times, but it is nothing compared to the flinch a sniper rifle causes. The flinch mechanic was added because the mechanic of 'being unscoped when taking damage' was removed. Apparently 343 felt they needed something to slow down ranged battles with precision weapons.

Regarding the flinch/descope discussion it should just be an option in the game settings that let you pick which one in the settings
Next the best way to balance loadouts iSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Allow the user to pick their starting weapon and pistol. No plasma pistols
As for the grenades everyone starts with frags. Pulse and Plasma are on map.
Then finally...... THATS IT! Your loadout is done! Balanced, fair, and now everyone is on a somewhat equal playing field.

Although the loadout customization from Halo 4 should remain as an option in custom games. 

There was something about the loadouts in Halo Reach that made it fun. I like Halo 4 because of customisable loadouts, but Halo Reach had something about them that made it more like Halo. Maybe it was because we were limited with option?

Maybe because everyone was limited to the same loadouts, but the small variety still showed in matchmaking.