Darkrain491

I think another problem with was the lack of urging teams to work together and many of the teamwork orientated playlists were removed, the foremost was Invasion. So i have come up with Some ways to oromote teamwork and coming to teamates aid they heavily reward players who aid teamates and the team as a whole during team games.

Some of the content on this thread will require you to have a glance at my loadouts thread, link below

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/30684-halo-5-multiplayer-my-opinion-on-balancing-and-loadouts/page-1?do=findComment&comment=277212

1: More Assist and Rescuer style medals. And they should reward more XP than they currently do.

Examples: Medic assist Medal (15 XP) Heal Teamates Health using Drop Shield

Recharge assist Medal (15 XP) Recharge Teammates Shields using Regeneration Field

Jammer assist Medal (15 XP) Jam an opponents Radar while a teamate kills him/her

Lucky Star Medal (20 XP) Save a teamate by killing their attacker with the Binary Rifle

Guardian Angel (20 XP) Save a teamate by killing their attacker with a Sniper Rifle

Blue Guardian (20 XP) Save a teamate by killing their attacker with the Beam Rifle

Boomstick Bouncer (20 XP) Save a teamate by killing their attacker with the Shotgun

Scatter Saviour (20 XP) Save a teamate by killing their attacker with the Scattershot

Banhammer (20 XP) Save a teamate by killing their attacker with the Gravity Hammer

Slash n' Dash (20 XP) Save a teamate by killing their attacker with the Energy Sword

Guided Rockets (20 XP) Save a teamate by killing their attacker with the Rocket Launcher

Green Lantern (20 XP) Save a teamate by killing their attacker with the Fuel Rod Cannon

Fireman (20 XP) Save a teamate by killing their attacker with the Incineration Cannon

Needle and Stiches (20 XP) Save a teamate by killing their attacker with the Needler

I Will post more weapon ones later.

On Waypoint, And in game, It should display Not just kills and Assists but also rescues, heals, recharges and distractions, and going into details reveals what weapons they save teamates with most. This also would help clans establish wether a player is a good or bad team player easier and help them determine these players playstyle. Holding or Defending objectives should also reward players more for their effort, CTF has the right Idea with 100 XP a Flag Capture. Invasion should return as as Gametypes, as should all other previously removed gametypes. Any other suggestions should be posted with the utmost sinceriaty. Finally if you go to my loadout page to read up so you understand some of the stuff ive posted you might not undertand overwise (such as the Jammer medal) and dont forget to state your opinion there two!

• Like 2

Im not going to lie, but ive gone Lone Wolf all the time in Halo 4.

Its not like I wouldnt want to help my teammates out, but the lack of comunication, and just overall "every man for themselves" itsnt helping.

I was just thinking of having callsigns or something you can activate to show if your in distress or something. Would be a nice feature to have with the new Kinect. Like making a hand guesture gives your current status or something.

• Like 1

See? thats cuase there is no incentive to use the power weapons you have to help teamates. Gaining a larger XP bonus for saving teamates with power weapons and displaying easily gives the incentive of showing other players your ability to play as a teamplayer. Utilizing these medals and and my armour abilites from the link on the initial post Would promote teamwork, When they made the game more like CoD, they unintionally removed that teamwork aspect. By using my Loadout system from my other thread, it promotez and rewards players more for their teamwork, armour lock is useful, but you rely on teamates to clear your surroundings so your safe to come out.

• Like 3

Remove load outs, remove ordnance, remove sprint, get rid of the the stupid magnum when holding the flag.

Load outs add more customization to the game, but you should be limited to weapons made by your species

Ordinance should be removed

Sprint should not be removed because you're super-soldier! You should be able to sprint!

And yes the flagnum combo should be removed

• Like 3

Load outs add more customization to the game, but you should be limited to weapons made by your species

Sprint should not be removed because you're super-soldier! You should be able to sprint!

You shouldnt be limited to spieces. The war games simulator was about preparing spartans for combat, which can include scavanged weapons and regular use of these weapons. also I started a thread about loadouts if anyone is intrested in the loadouts system I posted and would like to support it then please follow the link on the initial post. I have know real problem with flagnum, I have a problem with the unchangable auto pick-up or no dropping the flag.

Load outs should be removed from MM. Spawning with a DMR or BR causes a nasty trend.

Look at Valhalla, people can just camp the center with DMRs.

Long-range combat should be a resource that needs to be earned, not a given.

Sprint also has the same effect. Giving everyone sprint by default is a bad idea. It makes every map smaller, vehicles become redundant.

It should return to being an AA.

Load outs should be removed from MM. Spawning with a DMR or BR causes a nasty trend.

Look at Valhalla, people can just camp the center with DMRs.

Long-range combat should be a resource that needs to be earned, not a given.

Sprint also has the same effect. Giving everyone sprint by default is a bad idea. It makes every map smaller, vehicles become redundant.

It should return to being an AA.

Woah, the maps are huge as it is even with sprint.  Sprint should be automatically there, it makes game play faster. The maps need to be made it bit smaller, if they go any bigger in Halo 5 I guarantee there will be even fewer players than there are in Halo 4, which is a record low for halo. I know I wont get it if the maps are as big or as bad as Halo 4's

But I can kind of agree on the loadouts, I like them, but if you're going to have them don't have a pocket shotgun or a pistol that can kill you in less than 2 secs.

The flag pistol combo Is perfectly fine, absolutely fine. Just tone down the pistol damage it's insane. And ALLOW US TO DROP THE FLAG! That was a majorly poor design choice.

Waypoints need to be a bit more visible, you can't have teamwork if you can't see your teammates.

And you should ALWAYS spawn near your teammates and NOT near  the other team. 50% of the time i spawn right next to the other team when my teammates are clear across the map.

I like the idea of having a button press to show the location of an enemy player, but I don't know about a waypoint. But maybe have some audio telling you "In the courtyard!" or have it show up on the kill feed.

I agree with your ideas but I think you can have better teamwork if you have a map like high ground (h3) for 1 flag or 1 bomb where your spread out and you can still get to each other and defend both sections until your teammate can response. Well the map is one of many thing that can improve teamwork. Another is surface of the map instead of a map that has different floors like guardian (h3) where you go to the bottom and top you should only have a map that is a one floor surface of the map that can depend on teamwork a little more then having someone that goes to the top or bottom of the map you have to work with your team to get the kills. If that is not what a teamwork is then I don't know what teamwork is except for shooting together and callouts (I know that the map isn't teamwork but it can improve teamwork).

You shouldnt be limited to spieces. The war games simulator was about preparing spartans for combat, which can include scavanged weapons and regular use of these weapons. also I started a thread about loadouts if anyone is intrested in the loadouts system I posted and would like to support it then please follow the link on the initial post. I have know real problem with flagnum, I have a problem with the unchangable auto pick-up or no dropping the flag.

I agree about scavenged weapons, but BTB is unplayable because of plasma pistols and grenades, and in infinity slayer I get destroyed by some camper with a bolt shot half the time I turn a corner.

I agree about scavenged weapons, but BTB is unplayable because of plasma pistols and grenades, and in infinity slayer I get destroyed by some camper with a bolt shot half the time I turn a corner.

sorry that might of been me with the bolt shot been using it more lately due to the tryhards with pv and jet packs

• Like 3

You guys don't realize that halo 4 is meant to force people to work together. Ur gonna SUCK if u play alone, and used to HATE halo 4 for that.

Once I realized I had to try harder to stay with a GROUP of people in the game, I began to see the value in the multiplayer.

However, the only problem I ended up having was the LOADOUT WEAPONS. That problem was solved by the weapon tuning AN I LOVE IT!!!!

DO NOT GO LONE WOLF UNLESS IT FITS YOUR GAME STYLE. SINCE ITS HAR TO COMMUNICATE IN GAME, TRY FORCING YOURSELF TO STICK WITH A GROUP AND TAKE ON THE LONE WOLF. THAT IS WHY, OVERALL LONE WOLF NEVER WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys don't realize that halo 4 is meant to force people to work together. Ur gonna SUCK if u play alone, and used to HATE halo 4 for that.

Once I realized I had to try harder to stay with a GROUP of people in the game, I began to see the value in the multiplayer.

However, the only problem I ended up having was the LOADOUT WEAPONS. That problem was solved by the weapon tuning AN I LOVE IT!!!!DO NOT GO LONE WOLF UNLESS IT FITS YOUR GAME STYLE. SINCE ITS HAR TO COMMUNICATE IN GAME, TRY FORCING YOURSELF TO STICK WITH A GROUP AND TAKE ON THE LONE WOLF. THAT IS WHY, OVERALL LONE WOLF NEVER WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry but your not going to be constructive then do not post. Instead of insulting and force feeding your opinions how about presenting some examples. The perk system in halo 4 does not promote teamwork as the best ones are the one that benefit you alone. how does that benefit teamwork. Halo 4 does not support teamwork anywhere as much as all other previous halo games. Even Halo wars and its a completely different genre

Teamwork should not be forced but promoted. If you force teamwork, you get a mess of uncoordinated attacks. when teamwork is promoted, players can easily slip a situation their in to work and help someone elses without so much planning and self thought. For example by giving the Plasma Pistol in loadout, players must change loadout to access it, meaning also killing themselves, but this gives the enemy team chances to break through the line. now this loadout choice was supposed to Force teamwork by having a vechicle killer for every team. but it resulted in noob combos up the ass. When it was a map weapon a player could run and grab it while his teamates defended and only died in battle, not trying to change their loadout faster. then he would get some stickys and that was teamwork. Dont say Halo 4 forcing you to work as a team works, because it quite clearly doesnt.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i definatly like where your going with this. help promote teamwork, even without a mic. the coordination is still gonna be tough with out a mic, but at least giving people some subtle insentive to work towards being a cohesive unit would drasticlly help. this idea gets 2 thumbs up from me B)

Thank you :)