Map Creator: LiquidLuigi

Current Version: Atom v1.1

GameTypes Supported: Slayer, CTF, FFA, Oddball

Player Count: 2-8

----------

1.1 UPDATE:

-The suppressor, magnum, and plasma pistol have been taken out of the map.

-There is a rock path that links both nedder spawns.

-2 Frag Grenades have been added to the rock path. (45s)

-There is now one plasma grenade at each base instead of two.

-The initial spawn glitch has been fixed.

----------

post-32265-0-87592800-1376507263_thumb.png

Atom is a rare forerunner like structure found in a once unknown water territory. Investigators have gathered several types of forerunner technology.

post-32265-0-88017400-1376507290_thumb.png

Although the middle of the map is the most vulnerable place to be, Holding this area will lead you to victory in slayer. Atom also has some similar qualities to a map called "Nexus" from halo reach, which have been changed to alter the gameplay. There are 2 main ways to get to the center of the map which is through the "Sniper Hall" and "Top Purple", however there are a multitude of tactical jumps that can be performed to get there as well such as jumping on the rock that's in the water or jumping on the large crate located next to the neddler spawn.

post-32265-0-94786100-1376507359_thumb.png

Weapon Traits

Ordnance Weapons:

Sniper Rifle (180s)

Non-Ordnance Weapons:

DMR x2 (60s)

Battle Rifle x2 (60s)

Pulse Grenades x2 (45s)

Suppressor x2 (45s)

Magnum x2 (45s)

Neddler x2 (60s)

Light Rifle x2 (60s)

Plasma Pistol (45s)

Assault Rifle x2(60s)

Plasma Grenades x4 (45s)

post-32265-0-63645000-1376507514_thumb.png

As shown above there are three main ways to get to the base. Two on the side, one in the front. The other and faster way to get on the base is by jumping on the two struts located in front of the base.

post-32265-0-04756100-1376507930_thumb.png

Map Overview

post-32265-0-23039000-1376691460_thumb.png

I hope you enjoy the map. Remember, feedback helps. :)

post-32265-0-92760400-1376510122_thumb.png

This looks like it has some really interesting settings! I will DL, and come back for feedback, or praise! An overview screenshot of the map would be great for this submission as well! If you had time!

I'll see if I can get an overview of the map. Thanks for mentioning that. :)

• 3 weeks later...

So I have played this map about 4 times now, and really enjoy it! I wish I could remember the name of a common map on the Ravine canvas,that is in matchmaking It has a railgun, as the power weapon, and overshield in the upper center. Anyways I think this map puts that one out of business! There are no major problems with this map, scale, flow, and application are well done! Thanks for submitting this, I enjoy it!

Gave the map a look in Forge. Saw some issues.

- Clutter: This is the issue I noticed the most. There are plenty of areas in your map where you would place cover just for the sake of having cover. This makes those areas quite cluttered. I found that the crates were the ones contributing to clutter the most.

Remember. Cover in a competitive map should be structural.

- Aesthetics: This deosn't really affect gameplay but I'll say it anyway. But this map just doesn't stand out aesthetically. Mostly because you used so many different pieces. Although I understand that this may be because you're running out of budget and pieces.

There are many pieces in this map where the pieces overlap and don't fit together like they should. An example would be the Ramp, Stunt floor in Purple. It doesn't loo very pretty, does it.

But for a map to be top-notch aesthetically, it must be neat, clean, and piece usage should be somewhat consistent.

- Too far: You can't get to the yellow platform from the Rock 3s when not sprinting. I like to think that when one is designing a competitive map for Halo, it should be designed for no-sprint. This means that jump goes against Halo's core-gameplay. But that's just me.

Actually it's not just me. A lot of forgers believe so. You should join us. :)

Gave the map a look in Forge. Saw some issues.

- Clutter: This is the issue I noticed the most. There are plenty of areas in your map where you would place cover just for the sake of having cover. This makes those areas quite cluttered. I found that the crates were the ones contributing to clutter the most.

Remember. Cover in a competitive map should be structural.

- Aesthetics: This deosn't really affect gameplay but I'll say it anyway. But this map just doesn't stand out aesthetically. Mostly because you used so many different pieces. Although I understand that this may be because you're running out of budget and pieces.

There are many pieces in this map where the pieces overlap and don't fit together like they should. An example would be the Ramp, Stunt floor in Purple. It doesn't loo very pretty, does it.

But for a map to be top-notch aesthetically, it must be neat, clean, and piece usage should be somewhat consistent.

- Too far: You can't get to the yellow platform from the Rock 3s when not sprinting. I like to think that when one is designing a competitive map for Halo, it should be designed for no-sprint. This means that jump goes against Halo's core-gameplay. But that's just me.

Actually it's not just me. A lot of forgers believe so. You should join us. :)

Thanks for the feedback