The most annoying thing about Halo 4

IncognitoZHS

I realize no game can be perfect, and when 343 started making Halo 4 they had a huge fan base as well as standard to hold up to, but that being said I am disappointed there wasn't a Beta system and just more time in general taken on making Halo 4. It honestly most of all feels like a rushed product and even though I play it almost everyday I think in the future a more dedicated long awaited game will be appreciated by all. Now I love most of Halo 4 but the two most annoying things that seem like obvious fixes in the game are this:

When I pick up a sniper rifle, rocket launcher, spartan laser, Etc, it has full ammo. If for some reason run into battle with a battle rifle and a sniper rifle on my back and die without using the sniper rifle. The sniper rifle will disappear within a matter of seconds after my death. Not only is that dumb because it doesn't make any logical sense but it takes strategy out of the game. If I want to go after my fully loaded sniper rifle that was left lying on the middle of Ragnarok I should be able to go after it, like wise the enemy. It should however under no circumstances DISAPPEAR.

Secondly and I have mentioned this on the actual Halo forums, there should not be just one DLC playable at any time, there should be multiple dlc playlists and if not multiple playlists all should be bundled into one. However having multiple playlists will allow everyone to play whatever map packs they have be it just 1 or all 3. The online community shouldn't be punished for buying DLC and the online community is still large enough to support this option.

I won't be getting Xbox One just to play Halo 5 

Apparently it won't let me edit. Sorry for not finishing the last sentence and the random period that should have been a comma in the middle paragraph.

Cheers! 

1) I agree, they said that a beta would have meant a late march release, and MS wanted it out for Christmas. Not 343 to blame there. I would have liked a beta.

2)Weapins disappear in 12 seconds because it gas been tested on higher times and it turns into a literal power-fest. That's a balancing factor.

3)This doesn't really matter. They change every few months. My best guess is that they want to allow players with only one or two packs to play (and ALL halos have had a ALL DLC or NO PLAY thing in playlists, not sure if technical) so it's overall better

4)Your choice. At least they have said 'we screweed up, we air that. We can use this and community feedback to make 5 better!" So keep your spirits up. It was their first attempt, no one gets amazing on their first try.

You need at least 5 posts to edit I believe btw:D

• 2 weeks later...

the fact that the game was overhyped and just is a terrible broken game :thumbsup:

It was always going to be hyped with it being a halo game and i think calling it terrible is harsh, a little broken yes and not quite as good as some previous halos but still a quality game.

• Like 1

It was always going to be hyped with it being a halo game and i think calling it terrible is harsh, a little broken yes and not quite as good as some previous halos but still a quality game.

maybe it is a little harsh but they game compared to over halos is terrible

making machinima in the game is harder than reach for example weapon lowering is downright broken in that game .

custom loadouts I don't like as I dosent fit in halo for the next halo they should go back to the way halo 3 did it it gives everyone a fair start as well as the boltshot is still sorta OP .

all the armour in the game looks the same and just kinda silly and stupid as well as the engine it uses I know it is a heavily modified reach engine but I don't like the way the game looks reach got it right .

this came takes no skill to play and most of the time you die it is because someone had some perk that does this or that if you died in halo 3 it was because that other player had better skill not some perk or loadout weapon .

the game was a terrible broken game at launch and the amount of time it took 343 to even start fixing it was terrible so I would call that one bad dev support

no falcon or hornet I have no idea why they are not in there .

that's just a few reasons but this vid sums up halo 4 in one go

• Like 1

I have to agree about the armour although i dont personally pay much attention to how my spartan looks. 

Lets face it blame microsoft for the unfinished game at release and i agree it did take a while for fixes to come along but its generally heading in the right direction. 

Im not a big fan of the boltshot but it could be ok if it wasnt for the fact that its kill distance is better than the human shotgun.

As for loadouts now that there are a number of game types etc that remove them from the game i dont see an issue and if someone has a perk the idea is that you have one too although maybe not in the same way. 

As for taking no skill i admit when released it was very easy to kill with the dmr from practically any range by now the aim assistance has been lowered pretty much across the board its definately harder to get a kill.  Although im still not convinced that buffing rather than lower weapon power was the best thing to do.

I have to agree about the armour although i dont personally pay much attention to how my spartan looks. 

Lets face it blame microsoft for the unfinished game at release and i agree it did take a while for fixes to come along but its generally heading in the right direction. 

Im not a big fan of the boltshot but it could be ok if it wasnt for the fact that its kill distance is better than the human shotgun.

As for loadouts now that there are a number of game types etc that remove them from the game i dont see an issue and if someone has a perk the idea is that you have one too although maybe not in the same way. 

As for taking no skill i admit when released it was very easy to kill with the dmr from practically any range by now the aim assistance has been lowered pretty much across the board its definately harder to get a kill.  Although im still not convinced that buffing rather than lower weapon power was the best thing to do.

yes i had to guess why there is not elites unsc falcon or hornet etc was because 343i needed more time on the game but Microsoft pushed it out anyway :thumbsup:

Multilayer Issues

• No Dual Wielding (Dual Needlers FTW!)
  • No equipment
  • Ranking system (too little to late and still doesn't live up to what it should be)
  • Railgun !?
  • No Drivable Forklift :(
  • No Lock on Rockets (Halo 2 style)
  • Spawning with Bolt Shot
  • No (default) weapon spawns on map
  • Weapons disappearing too quickly after they are dropped

and more

Enjoyed Campaign :yay:

• Like 1

yes i had to guess why there is not elites unsc falcon or hornet etc was because 343i needed more time on the game but Microsoft pushed it out anyway :thumbsup:

But it's not what Halo 4 doesn't have, it's the elements already in-place that people seem to dislike. I agree with IncognitoZHS on just about everything.

Halo is just not the same competitively, which for me is the reason why I bought it. The signs are evident, population, MLG dropping halo within the first two months of it's release. Personally what annoys me the most is all these new weapons and features they try to shove down our throat like the railgun and sticky detonator being on every map on every playlist. New things wouldn't bother me so much if it was made to balance. The railgun is a ridiculous weapon, NO TRAIL, quicker charge than it's counterparts. All the other power weapons like it in the previous Halos have a sorta "fair play" to them, like the laser having a trail to give away your position similar to the smokeline of the sniper or rockets.

There are just so many things that annoy me in Halo 4! I'll save you wall of text that is my grief.

But it's not what Halo 4 doesn't have, it's the elements already in-place that people seem to dislike. I agree with IncognitoZHS on just about everything.

Halo is just not the same competitively, which for me is the reason why I bought it. The signs are evident, population, MLG dropping halo within the first two months of it's release. Personally what annoys me the most is all these new weapons and features they try to shove down our throat like the railgun and sticky detonator being on every map on every playlist. New things wouldn't bother me so much if it was made to balance. The railgun is a ridiculous weapon, NO TRAIL, quicker charge than it's counterparts. All the other power weapons like it in the previous Halos have a sorta "fair play" to them, like the laser having a trail to give away your position similar to the smokeline of the sniper or rockets.

There are just so many things that annoy me in Halo 4! I'll save you wall of text that is my grief.

I can agree with you on that one its not just the stuff it dosent have its the stuff is already has like the dmr and the br in the same game a bad choice or a terrible csr ranking system on waypoint or the silly looks of the new armour I could go on and on and on and on and on about halo 4 but lets keep it brief

halo 4 was a flop of a game but 343i hopefully have learned from there mistakes and the next halo is the best yet :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...