Verisimilar warfare and more moving possibilities.

Spartan Rider

Well, Halo is a fantastic game. But somethings are outdated. Have many years halo there is; so, the games have evolved and more and more has approaching to reality. Many of the FPS or TPS has giving more possibilities of action to make us more near of a war; like slipping, sighting (iron sight or scope), swimming, crouch, covering (rarely) and etc.

So, what I suggest is about Halo give us a more caotic and verisimilar combat; expanding the action possibilities.

What bother me in Halo in our current evolved gaming context is the inaccuracy of the automatic rifles. Well, I can't believe that too many years on future, with lightspeed technology, we can't have a accurate automatic rifle.

A few days ago a guy argued to me that we don't need for scope and even iron sight, because we have a HUD target. So, if the scope isn't even need, so why the Battle Rifle, DMR, Light Rifle, Carbine, Sniper Rifle, Binary Rifle has a scope? Well, the HUD is enough... NO! So, to the guns don't be the same thing; I suppose to have at least an iron sight on every gun non-scope currently.

And about the movings possibilities, only I suggest are the basic things in a war.

To conclude; I don't pretend to make Halo like Call of Duty, even not Battlefield, Crysis or Killzone. But simply to be a verisimilar and realistic game (not confronting the futuristic aspect). The meaning of "realistic" isn't to be like the current world, but simply the natural circumstances and possibilities. What I call as VERISIMILITUDE.

Hopefully, they will evolve the game. However, they still need to keep classic game play. Swimming, boats, larger battles, etc. should be involved in halo by now though. Great thoughts by the way, weapons should be more accurate considering you're 500 years in the future not to mention you are a super soldier and shouldn't wave your gun around or slow down when shot.

True this i've been thinking this to how could you be this far in the future yet you have super inaccurate assault rifles. Something that might be cool is having and armor ability  were you everything becomes more realistic like more better aiming better reactions to certain situations.

My thoughts exactly!

And your a super-soldier, you should be able to pull yourself up ledges!

Or bring back the assault rifle from reach which had what looked like a scope on the ammo counter, or the halo 3 variant which was super accurate

Ya, climbing, evade (no thruster pack!), sprinting( I don't remember exactly but in the books Kelly could run like 30 miles per hour.), maybe some cool kicks would make your spartan feel like a spartan not just the ordinary soldier. I also think you shouldn't go into 3rd person when using some armor abilities or drive vehicles. Imagine driving a warthog in first person. Especially in campaign, they should emphasis their agility. For example if you sprint at your enemy, you take huge loud strides and you can double click the melee button to jump forward or slide, and kick them in the face. Now, that would be cool.

• Like 1

Halo doesn't need an aiming down sights feature, there is an aiming system in the helmet, and some weapons have scopes because the helmet's zoom is not infinite. Or it's for gameplay's sake, like the AR's inaccuracy, and plasma pistol's weakness (in the books it's a nasty little thing). I'm not sure which it is, officially.

Other features like climbing over obstacles instead of jumping, swimming, lying down in addition to crouching, grabbing onto edges, then pulling yourself up, those I wouldn't mind seeing. It feels kinda stupid sometimes to jump 3 metres up to get over a 1 meter tall rock.

Halo doesn't need an aiming down sights feature, there is an aiming system in the helmet, and some weapons have scopes because the helmet's zoom is not infinite. Or it's for gameplay's sake, like the AR's inaccuracy, and plasma pistol's weakness (in the books it's a nasty little thing). I'm not sure which it is, officially.

Other features like climbing over obstacles instead of jumping, swimming, lying down in addition to crouching, grabbing onto edges, then pulling yourself up, those I wouldn't mind seeing. It feels kinda stupid sometimes to jump 3 metres up to get over a 1 meter tall rock.

No! I said this argument of the Aiming System is false! 'Cause what matters is this function on gameplay. And in the same gameplay, it shows that the scope still is more efficient. The Scope Weapons is a way more efficient, this Aiming System is just a trash if replacing the scope... 'Cause the Aiming System is just for create an aim, not to close the aim. Well, if this argument is on, so I say that Halo is a non-sense game. It's lacking verisimilitude. 'Cause even the game show that the Aiming system don't replace the Scope. And it's logical the divergence of function between each other.

And so, the Scope Screen is still outdated. It would be better if it shows the scope naturally, only a HUD on screen of the scope, not a drawing on the Helmet HUD, otherwise, there wasn't no reason for scope exists. This is nonsencial is completely showed on the supposed Magnum Pistol Scope. And C'mon... Scope is a way fun and exciting than a non-logical drawing on screen.

What's "bs"?

Boy Scouts.

I don't know about these ideas though... Jetpacks are for climbing, sprint is for moving fast (we already blaze a trail of glory and destruction with sprint right now. I see no need to make vehicles even more useless), melee is for melee. This is Halo and not Mirror's Edge, after all. We have the golden tripod to keep from knocking over. Guns, Grenades, and Melee require precise balancing.

As for a sort of Aim-Down-Sights mechanic, I'm against it. ADS makes movement of less importance (as when ADSing, you're movement will slow) and the lack of it helps to make Halo stand out a little more. Artistically, many weapons in Halo are not designed with ADS in mind. Many UNSC weapons and most, if not all, alien weapons are not designed with sights.

I don't like thruster packs though. I agree that evade should make a return. Standard-sprint and ability-evade would make for a uniquely maneuverable class. Of course they could just make it a matter of agility instead of based on some sort of device. Spartans can sprint now, so why wouldn't they be able to have evade as a base trait as well? I'm pretty sure that the thruster pack could be redesigned into some sort of evasion apparatus if having both as agility traits would be too ridiculous.

• Like 1

I don't know about these ideas though... Jetpacks are for climbing, sprint is for moving fast (we already blaze a trail of glory and destruction with sprint right now. I see no need to make vehicles even more useless), melee is for melee. This is Halo and not Mirror's Edge, after all. We have the golden tripod to keep from knocking over. Guns, Grenades, and Melee require precise balancing.

As for a sort of Aim-Down-Sights mechanic, I'm against it. ADS makes movement of less importance (as when ADSing, you're movement will slow) and the lack of it helps to make Halo stand out a little more. Artistically, many weapons in Halo are not designed with ADS in mind. Many UNSC weapons and most, if not all, alien weapons are not designed with sights.

I don't like thruster packs though. I agree that evade should make a return. Standard-sprint and ability-evade would make for a uniquely maneuverable class. Of course they could just make it a matter of agility instead of based on some sort of device. Spartans can sprint now, so why wouldn't they be able to have evade as a base trait as well? I'm pretty sure that the thruster pack could be redesigned into some sort of evasion apparatus if having both as agility traits would be too ridiculous.

I agree with most of your points. However, i do think kicking could easily be balanced by it dealing slightly more damage than melee and every one has it. First person vehicles would be an option as it would lower their ability. Sprinting is nice but would like it to sound and feel better. Climbing would be neat in campaign and evade should be default like pushing b while sprinting.