Halo 5 Multiplayer: My Opinion On Balancing And Loadouts.

Darkrain491

Hey, I havn't been here for a while and I just heard 343 are going to really listen to us this time so here goes:

Loadout Mechanism:

Now I'm not the first to ask for this style of loadout and I certinatly will not be the last.

Primary Weapon: your choice between these:

UNSC: Assualt Rifle (Shield Break: 12 shots, Health 6 Shots [13 shot kill, really?!])

DMR (Shield Break: 4 shots, Health 1 Hehadshot, 3 Body Shots [Reintroduce the Reach BLOOM])

Battle Rifle (Shield Break: 3 shots, Health 1 Headshot, 3 Body shots [Leave it as is from H4 with maybe more time delay between bursts for balancing matters])

ODST suppresed SMG (Shield Break: 18 shots, Health 10 shots [a scoped fully automatic weapon is new to halo MP])

Storm: Storm Rifle (Shield Break: 8 shots, Health 10 shots [Though I dont see it mentioned in forums alot, the Plasma beats shields, Bullets beat health was removed between the AR and SR in H4])

Needle Rifle (An exact port of reachs, but with a 2.5x zoom [Now as far as canon goes, as the storm uses outdated weapon primarily yet somehow a older beam rifle model is better than H3s, this should technicaly be their precision Weapon])

Covenant: Plasma Rifle (Shield Break 8 shots, health 10 shots [faster fire rate than SR but overheats sooner similar to H2s brute plasma rifle over elite one)

Plasma Repeater (An exact port of reachs one)

Covenent Carbine (retains all of its H4 ratios)

Brute Militia Spike Rifle (Spiker) (Shield Break 10 shots, Health 10 shots, higher fire rate than every other full auto loadout weapon bar SMG and Suppressor)

Thorn Rifle: (shield Break 6, health 1 headshot, 3 body shots. as you can tell, a whole new weapon that is a counter to the LR and DMR as it would have a 3.5x zoom, the highest of all loadout weapons but has high recoil and a slower fire rate than all other loadout precision rifles)

Forerunner: Light Rifle (leave as is)

Suppressor (Again same ratios as H4 but more accurate over range but not by much)

Armour Abilities: Evade: The same as reachs version, replaces thruster pack, and you stay in first person one use per cooldown.

Drop Shield: This game should reintroduce medpacks, but with automatic pickup. anyway, drop shield does what it does in reach.

Regeneration Field: the opposite of Drop shield. instead of healing health and producing a shield, it simply recharges shields like in H4

Active Camo: Anyone who has read reverse active camos effects will know what i want but for those who havnt basically you take active camo and make it work better the FASTER you move to negate the camo campers. also retains ability to hide you from promethean vision while its active.

Radar Jamming: as the Active camo would now work better while they are moving fast enough to appear on radar, you can remove radar jammar effect it had in reach and make it an armour ability that also negates you being seen on promeathean vision.

promeathean vision, same as H4 but limited to 20 feet.

Stamina: While Active your reloads are faster and you can sprint indefinatly.

Armour Lock: Remove the emp and stun melee attackers effects and it would be balanced.

Hardlight Shield: No Changes

Grenade Resistence: 10 seconds of reduced grenade damage with a slow cooldown time you would still die one hit from being stuck.

Jump Pack: Hybrid of jetpack and thruster pack a singe use per cooldown upwards thrust that propels you 15 feet in to the air, with a slow rise speed.

secondary weapons:

Any choice of these two:

H4 Magnum (shield break 4, Health 1 headshot, 3 body shots)

H3 ODST auto-mag (Shield Break 6 shots, health 1 headshot, 4 bodyshots, more accurate, less BLOOM and faster fire rate)

these are my thoughts so far tell me what you think.

Nice ideas, but I personally would like to see custom loadouts removed and replaced with the ar, frag grenades and pistol or battle rifle, with your choice of armor ability. This would balance the game a lot more and allow them create some more creative guns that don't act the same with a different skin. Removing custom loadouts also makes game play a whole lot of fun because you do not get stuck every two seconds! Not to mention vehicles can actually survive 10 seconds without getting emped and covered in stickies. As for even more balanced play, I would like to see a playlist that is just like halo 3/2 on smaller and a few classic maps(Ohh all the memories...) . Then I would like to see a pro gametype that consists of a battle rifle, pistol, frag grenades, evade, sprint, and no ordinance. An improved infinity slayer would be great as well as a massive team slayer with 16 on 16. Also they should bring in a custom games play list where everyone can take turns showcasing their maps or just pass. Finally a race gametype in Matchmaking would be a lot of fun on community maps(or they could design one...). Thanks

Speaking of, I want the COMPLETE removal of ordinance, or at least a permenent playlist which is regular Slayer without it but with my loadouts, like there should be in H4. Also frag grenades as defualt and unchangable in loadouts and only those pistols as your secondary choices. I would like (for forge at least) the inclusion of all vechicles from previous halos and some new forerunner vechicles like a VTOL thats Hover Mode has a molten hardlight morter only available in its slower moving form and pressing Y would change to a banshee style flight mode that moves faster and has weak shield but only has access to its Hardlight reapeter cannons (like heavy suppressor shots)

Also I would like the Speed, Damage of the Shell and radius of explosion of the shell of the Halo 3 scorpion, which I maintain is STILL the most balanced scorpion for multiplayer use

Also I would like as a counter to the mantis the locust from halo wars. its shields are tougher than the mantis, but it has the over all HEALTH of a warthog, and its beam has the same DAM/sec as a warthogs chain turret, while the left trigger initiates the overcharge whichs a 1.35x damage increase over the regular beam but the shield depletes within 8 seconds from full shields.

Nice ideas, but I personally would like to see custom loadouts removed and replaced with the ar, frag grenades and pistol or battle rifle, with your choice of armor ability. This would balance the game a lot more and allow them create some more creative guns that don't act the same with a different skin. Removing custom loadouts also makes game play a whole lot of fun because you do not get stuck every two seconds! Not to mention vehicles can actually survive 10 seconds without getting emped and covered in stickies. As for even more balanced play, I would like to see a playlist that is just like halo 3/2 on smaller and a few classic maps(Ohh all the memories...) . Then I would like to see a pro gametype that consists of a battle rifle, pistol, frag grenades, evade, sprint, and no ordinance. An improved infinity slayer would be great as well as a massive team slayer with 16 on 16. Also they should bring in a custom games play list where everyone can take turns showcasing their maps or just pass. Finally a race gametype in Matchmaking would be a lot of fun on community maps(or they could design one...). Thanks
I didnt mind choosing my primary weapons , but everything else was a load of bull so there should be no packages. also i disagree with your comment of same effect s with different skins eg

BR: 4 burst kill, 2x zoom, slowest time between shots/burst if all precision loadout weapons

DMR: 5 shot kill, 3x zoom, high accuracy no bloom (but there should be)

CC: 7 shot kill, 2x zoom, No recoil at all, fast fire rate.

LR: 5 bursts to kill unzoomed, 4 shots to kill zoomed, 3x zoom, again high accurcy but slower projectile speed.

AR: 13 shot kill, high fire rate, accurate (OP)

SR: 13 shot kill, slower fire rate than AR, and same accuracy but not OP

Suppressor: Dont use it so i dont know its ratios but i believe its similar to the SMG but its to inaccurat in my opinion

Magnum: Classic 8 round mag that has a 5 shot kill but with 2x zoom and more recoil than DMR

Boltshot: 10 round mag precision weapon with shotgun style overcharge ability that uses half its mag for each "burst attack" personally i think if it returns it should use all the rounds in the mag when doing this second fire mode

PP: the loathed loadout weapon that does what it has always done.

as you can the the diversity is pretty large, with the exception of the AR and SR.

To be fair I don't have many big problems with the current Weapon settings for Halo 4. Halo 5 will obviously include new things in the Sandbox, but in my opinion all the Gun and AA mechanics don't have very many visible flaws.

The only big problem I see right now is not having Zoom-Out with Sniper Rifles when they're hit by enemy weapons.

On a side note the Join-in-progress thing is also flawed. I'll be stuck in games with half my team, and the other team is full. Though I also see this as more of a population problem then anything. I bet if we had a bigger Population in Halo 4, we wouldn't see this problem much.

343i should just include the ability for players to adjust each weapons damage, fire rate, and Auto aim/aim assist and bullet magnetism themselves. That way it makes it easier for 343 to make changes quickly for matchmaking, and it gives us the option to make weapons behave how we see fit for custom games, machinimas, or whatever we need them to be.

I would like to have UNSC weapons only for spartan load outs, no forerunner or covenant, and covenant only weapons or elites, no UNSC or forerunner.

Also an overhaul in the ordinance system, meaning that UNSC and covenant power weapons spawn on the map at the start and re-spawn.The only ordinance you get are power-ups and forerunner guns, which can be called in for 100 points for power-ups and 200 points for forerunner guns, but f you earn ordinance and choose a power-up, you have to start again from zero to gain a forerunner gun.

• Like 1

Ordinance should be remove period. its COD care packages and its completely random becuase the winning team can then start earning swords, snipers and rocket luancher while the losing team is earning needlers and concussion rifles. that plain not fair.

again as i say personal loadouts just need to remove the Packages, PP, Boltshot selectable grenades so all you choose is your AA, Primary Weapon and pistol between the ones I suggested so there is still some diversity there

Plasma Pistols and Sticky Grenades RUINED vechile combat and if you say it doesn't I want what you've been smoking. The DMR needs nerfed so that it cuases less flinch to players. Active Camo is used by Sniper Campers so it is virtually impossiple to find them without them popping of a few shots into you our teamates domes, I know this cuase I tried it and I racked up a rampage on Ragnarok no deaths on CTF by sitting on that ledge at red bases canyon wall using Light rifle as my primary and getting a second sniper rifle from the base. they didnt touch our flag once. Im not bragging, Im making an example of when I tested it.

The Assualt Rifle is a 13 shot kill and requires the same amount of shots to break shields as the Storm Rifle. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?! That completely goes against the Plasma for Shields, Bullets for Health we have had since Halo CE. And that INSANE damage the AR has coupled with its fire rate makes it WAY overpowered. It does not need to be that powerful, as far as im concerned, its like giving you a psuedo SAW in your loadout, much like the psuedo shotgun Boltshot, its just not right. It should be the damage ratios I suggested above, becyase the main problem is that they only need to hit you with around 5-7 rounds of the AR and they can pummel you. That is stupid. it needs to be fixed. I would also like to add that the Spiker and Thorn Rifles would, like previous brute weapons, they would have blades that provide bonus melee damage like in H3 and Reach. Due to this I would like to change the shots to break shields for the Spiker now 12.

I like the Skull and Flag assassinations in H4 but where is the Gravity Hammer's assassination? you could some nasty **** with that Axe thing on its back...

18 shots to kill is still alot lower compared to previous halos in terms of the AR.

I'm tired of automatic weapons being utter pieces of crap compared to precision weapons, that's all. I just don't like it. I was ok with how they were before the title update in terms of damage, but never go below that again.

I'm tired of automatic weapons being utter pieces of crap compared to precision weapons, that's all. I just don't like it. I was ok with how they were before the title update in terms of damage, but never go below that again.
the other main problem is that they removed shield/health plasma/bullet mechanics so the ar has just become a 7 shots, pummel or spray till they are dead. it is over powered. it need to be the damage setting i suggested as it keeps it useful but not overpowered.

UNSC Primary:

AR: 15 shot kill

BR: 4-7 shot kill

DMR: 4-5 shot kill

Secondary: New M6F Magnum 8 shot kill 3 if shooting at head.

ODST/ONI Primary:

Silenced SMG: 16 shot kill

Silenced BR: 5-7 shot kill

Secondary: Auto Mag: 9 shot kill 5 if shooting at head.

Storm Primary:

Storm Rifle: 14 shot kill

Carbine: 7 shot kill

Secondary: Plasma Pistol: 12 shot kill

Brutes Primary:

Spiker: 15 shot kill

Spike Rifle: 6 shot kill

Secondary: Mauler: 7 shot kill

Covenant Primary:

Plasma Repeater: 17 shot kill

Needle Rifle: 3-5 shot kill

Secondary: Needle Pistol: 6 shot kill

Forerunner Primary:

Suppressor: 13 shot kill

Light Rifle: 4-6 shot kill

Secondary: Cutlass: 11-13 shot kill

AA:

Evade

Bubble Shield: like the drop shield from reach but only on covie troops

Regeneration Shield: same as 4 but heals health too.

Hardlight Shield

Active camo: more like 1,2, and 3's where you stay invisible even if you move.

Promethean Vision

Invincibility

Jet Pack

dropshield is a UNSC AA and some of those weapons are WAY to powerful for loadut weapons, the automatics in particular.

Invincibluty is amourlock but they stopped you from doing anything else as it would be overpowered and the reason they mad Active Camo like it is now was to balance it as an AA but it hasnt worked so this way many peoole want it (reversed effects) is a more balanced. essentially what COD blops 2 did to ghost perk and i hate to say it but the fact is little changes like that across the board for COD blops 2 is what earned it that center stage MLG position and Halo 4s crazy cod perk system wannabe is what got it dropped completely. your wepons are not balanced nor are your currently abused armour abilities as youve listed them. things that benefit the player alone need some counters or downside eg if you have to move for camo to work, youll be hidden from sight, but visible on motion sensor, but if your running across an open field, it somewhat negates the need for cover and you can get to places quicker, and its better for getting around sniper lanes. whereas cooperative AA such as my return of both Regen field field and drop shield each doing different jobs as counter parts to each other stop you having an op drop shield that does all 3 and forces a team to split thesd AA amongst two players. these types of AA are encourging teameork.

UNSC Primary:

AR: 15 shot kill

BR: 4-7 shot kill

DMR: 4-5 shot kill

Secondary: New M6F Magnum 8 shot kill 3 if shooting at head.

ODST/ONI Primary:

Silenced SMG: 16 shot kill

Silenced BR: 5-7 shot kill

Secondary: Auto Mag: 9 shot kill 5 if shooting at head.

Storm Primary:

Storm Rifle: 14 shot kill

Carbine: 7 shot kill

Secondary: Plasma Pistol: 12 shot kill

Brutes Primary:

Spiker: 15 shot kill

Spike Rifle: 6 shot kill

Secondary: Mauler: 7 shot kill

Covenant Primary:

Plasma Repeater: 17 shot kill

Needle Rifle: 3-5 shot kill

Secondary: Needle Pistol: 6 shot kill

Forerunner Primary:

Suppressor: 13 shot kill

Light Rifle: 4-6 shot kill

Secondary: Cutlass: 11-13 shot kill

AA:

Evade

Bubble Shield: like the drop shield from reach but only on covie troops

Regeneration Shield: same as 4 but heals health too.

Hardlight Shield

Active camo: more like 1,2, and 3's where you stay invisible even if you move.

Promethean Vision

Invincibility

Jet Pack

Oh this is a small thing but the Spiker is actually a shortened term of Spike Rifle. bungie declared this through the halo 3 trailer of a old veteran that is set post halo 3 by about 20-30 years and its a surviving soldier talking about the war and he says something like "this is a brute Spike Rifle or Spiker as we called them"

Also the Halo 3 Mualer was kinda like a revolving chamber five chambered dual wieldable shot gun how do you make that a 7 shot kill? also the proplem with the boltshot is its shotgun ability so to put the mualer in as a secondary would cuase the same problem.