Sticky Detonator Drop (90s)

f469.jpg

Red Ramp

tw4v.jpg

A view out from top of Red Ramp to Top Gold

ifkw.jpg

Top Gold

eqwl.jpg

A view out from Top Gold ( Damage Boost spawns at yellow 4x4 tall on the right 90s)

skn1.jpg

Download it Here!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Let me know how you like the map. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Special thanks to The Fated Fire, a Chunk and Squally DaBeanz for the great feedback.

Alright, I gave this a run through in Forge, and saw a few minor things I think can be done better.

First off, the weapons. There's a bit too much ordnance on the map at spawn. You can do without the Carbines and Pulse Grenades at each spawn. Plus, having the open air ordnance drops right in front of you off spawn can be a little distracting and disorienting. Also, the Sticky Det is clearly in favor of Red spawn. I think you can just get rid of that and be fine. The Damage Boost seems a little weighted toward Blue spawn. I don't know what the run times are, but even if they are equal the blues get the height advantage over the reds when approaching it. Same thing can be said with the Sniper. The reds can just jump up onto the platform next to them, and control the approaches to the Sniper. The Shotgun is a little better. I think you could maybe adjust it's position or the wall blocking sight into it for Red, so both team can see it at about the same time.

The second area I feel could be improved is top gold. First, get rid of the tree right in front of the platform. It makes the position too powerful by obscuring the players up there. Also, make the ramp up for Red side more connected and smoother, instead of being a jump up to a ramp.

The third and final thing I feel needs to be changed is how top heavy the map is. I think if you were to make more, and higher walls on the roofs, it would make the map feel more like it has overlapped areas, instead of roofs looking down on everything (like Complex). One particular area That needs to be raised is the out of bounds roof at Red. There's a ramp leading right to a jump up into a kill boundary. Make the out of bounds areas more concrete and obvious. You could also benefit by raising the wall behind Blue spawn.

Overall, pretty nice looking map. Try adjusting these things and let me know how they play out :)

• Like 1

Alright, I gave this a run through in Forge, and saw a few minor things I think can be done better.

First off, the weapons. There's a bit too much ordnance on the map at spawn. You can do without the Carbines and Pulse Grenades at each spawn. Plus, having the open air ordnance drops right in front of you off spawn can be a little distracting and disorienting. Also, the Sticky Det is clearly in favor of Red spawn. I think you can just get rid of that and be fine. The Damage Boost seems a little weighted toward Blue spawn. I don't know what the run times are, but even if they are equal the blues get the height advantage over the reds when approaching it. Same thing can be said with the Sniper. The reds can just jump up onto the platform next to them, and control the approaches to the Sniper. The Shotgun is a little better. I think you could maybe adjust it's position or the wall blocking sight into it for Red, so both team can see it at about the same time.

The second area I feel could be improved is top gold. First, get rid of the tree right in front of the platform. It makes the position too powerful by obscuring the players up there. Also, make the ramp up for Red side more connected and smoother, instead of being a jump up to a ramp.

The third and final thing I feel needs to be changed is how top heavy the map is. I think if you were to make more, and higher walls on the roofs, it would make the map feel more like it has overlapped areas, instead of roofs looking down on everything (like Complex). One particular area That needs to be raised is the out of bounds roof at Red. There's a ramp leading right to a jump up into a kill boundary. Make the out of bounds areas more concrete and obvious. You could also benefit by raising the wall behind Blue spawn.

Overall, pretty nice looking map. Try adjusting these things and let me know how they play out :)

Thank you for taking a look at it. I agree with a few things and I have questions for the rest. I can easily remove the carbines and nades at spawn. As for the weapons, as this map is not symmetrical, I'm not sure where I should place the weapons aside from center map, that would be fair to either team. I placed the shotgun and sticky in each teams bases at an equal distance from spawn. I don't want duplicates of the same weapon. I wanted each team to be given and equally deadly power weapon a short distance from initial spawn. Also, if I remove the sticky (which I think works well on the map) I will be taking away from the flow that this area of the map currently has. I am not saying that a weapon here is what is causing the flow, I just think having a weapon here balances the flow out on the map really well. I think I should maybe move shotgun to a position that favors blue a little more. As for the sniper rifle, I can definitely see how you are saying red has an advantage over this position. Maybe I should just move red spawn to the stone arch. That would make sniper a little more centralized.

As for the structural changes you suggested. I like the tree blocking yellow base. I haven't noticed yellow being an overpowered position in any of the matches I played. It is really easy to shoot anyone up there even through the foliage. I can definitely ramp up the area at red spawn a little better. I'm not sure what you mean when you say to add higher walls at the roofs and where you say I had the jump up to a kill zone. Maybe you saw the first version from the day I posted the map. I added 4x4 talls on top of red since then. I hope you can go into forge with me soon and discuss this further.

I updated the post with new pics of all the changes Ive made. I think I balance out the map pretty well with the improved ordance spawns and by moving red's initial spawn. I added an aesthetic building behind blue and opened up red base to sniper spawn with a tunnel. I also adjusted some ramps and made a few other minor adjustments. I think that this version is final, but I am willing to change if any major problems are noticed.

I made a few changes after going through the map with Redemption1272. I also thought out some callouts for areas of the map that may have been hard to name. Here are the areas along with some pics of the updates.

0qp3.jpg

Top Gold now extends back toward the Blue Spawn area creating a counter position to Blue Roof

igce.jpg

Red Rocks

uilp.jpg

Cave

344e.jpg

Red Hallway

29h1.jpg

Red Beach

nfjt.jpg

Top Red

gawk.jpg

Red Roof

pb9t.jpg

I added a crate above the cave at Top Gold that provides cover from Top Red and Blue Roof

x1qn.jpg

Red Office (added desks and chairs)

ophy.jpg

Blue Office

lput.jpg

Blue Beach

uu09.jpg

Blue Roof

I hope these changes make the map play better competitively.