Which is the Better Game, Halo 3: ODST or Halo 4

TheMightyLlama1

Since ODST came out, people jumped on the band wangon about it. "Oh, Where's MASTER CHIEF ???" And "WTF ?? THERES NO MATCHMAKING" were the reason why people hated on it. Because there was no Master Chief and MatchMaking. So what ? For once were some tough ass Super Solider or Alien, were finally a normal human being. And admit it, walking around the map, all dark and scary, was really fun. I loved the Campaign, The Rookie is awesome character. People hate him because he never talks. Like really ? Link from Legend of Zelda never talks or the main character from BioShock or anybody else never talks, nobody hated on them. Yeah sure the dialouge was cheesy for some characters (Yeah well... here I am). But no mission felt the same and playing as other ODSTs was awesome. Then here's the big reason; There's no matchmaking. Who gives a **** if there no matchmaking ? Halo: CB didn't have matchmaking. Instead of matchmaking, we got FireFight a cool and fun game mode.

Then Halo 4. Before it came out, everybody was super hyped about. Now look, everybody has mix feelings about. Some feel the Campaign was too short and the gameplay was different. So what ? We got the Sequel to Master Chief's story! And while playing the campaign, i didn't care the **** Chief goes through, all I cared about was Chief and Cortana relationship. And people were like "Oh, MatchMaking is broken" and it's not the same, I agree. I don't see why you rank up to get armor, why not just unlock in ODST and Halo 3 or buy it like in Reach. But I don't really care for the mutiplayer in Halo 4. I enjoyed the Campaign and I think it was a great Halo game.

So what do you think is better ? ODST or Halo 4 ? For me, it's a tough one to say, and because I love these games, but I pick Halo 4, only because it's dark atmosphere and Chief and Cortana relationship. I know I'm missing alot of other reasons about these games that make them not bad games, but I'm lazy to type and my thumbs hurt. lol.

Well, that is a really unfair comparison if you consider it, Halo: 3 ODST was an Add-On that got big enough to pass the barrier between DLC and Game, Halo 4, is a full game, (Well, not really, but you get the point) But I prefer ODST and Halo 3 over most Halo titles, ODST especially due to it's gritty feel, and DAT JAZZ, :)

So what do you think is better ? ODST or Halo 4 ? For me, it's a tough one to say, and because I love these games, but I pick Halo 4, only because it's dark atmosphere and Chief and Cortana relationship. I know I'm missing alot of other reasons about these games that make them not bad games, but I'm lazy to type and my thumbs hurt. lol.

It's funny because I'm playing the Campaign right now after, let's say, a year or less. The problem is that when I play a Bungie's Halo, any of them, there is this...feeling, I don't know how can I describe it, it's a particular feeling, that I don't really feel when I play Halo 4. I mean the weapons in Halo 4 are unmatched, the sound is perfect, but the story is kinda boring. Let's analise Shutdown: the background is amazing, you feel abandoned by everyone, you're on your own, the premise is really good, you're flying a Pelican dang! The dream has come true! But then, the mission is repetitive, you fly around with no enemies to kill, just a bunch of Phantoms (which explosion is awkward), you go there, push a button, you go to the other side, boring, do the same thing, then you fly to another tower, kill some enemies, push a button. That's it. The Pelican is useless.

While in ODST...man, you don't get bored easily. There's no button to push, you fight side by side with Marines and your mates, and the music, I swear I could listen to it all day and all night...ah, I'm sorry but there's no doubt, ODST is better.

Okay, Aliens: Colonial Marines is a game that sucks, Fable 3 is a game that sucks, Sonic '06 is a game that sucks...

Halo 4 does not suck, it is just unwanted by it's fans.  Why is it unwanted? Because it did not improve from it's predecessors (at least in the eyes of it's fans) and deviated way too far from it's roots (the red headed step child of Halo). Adding elements from games that we particularly hate. (ex.Call of duty) To say that it downright sucks is a little much when comparing it to the myriad of terrible games that come out on the market these days. When the Halo Franchise reaches the Level of terribleness that any of the games I listed above are right now, then you can say that it sucks. There's a real fine line between a Sucky game, and an unwanted one.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...