Flood Survival

Ark

I would like 343 to add a Survival mode where you are is a big Flood area ( Big Map ) and just have waves of flood.

Also would like to defend playing as the UNSC, and also have the choice to defend with the Covenant, have Hunters and other Covenant on you're side.

I have been thinking about this before Halo 3 and was hoping Halo 4 would have it, now I'm hoping Halo 5 will have it, and if not Halo 5 because it's tolate then I hope Halo 6.

Tell me what you think or add on thing's.

It's a good idea.

Adds more to Firefight.

I can see it like this:

You set the the options for the flood.

You set the weapons they spawn with and if they even have weapons.

You enable Pure flood forms or disable them.

AI:

You could have both UNSC and Covie AI.

Your choice: Elite or Spartan would determine which AI is your allie.

Have both UNSC and Covie AI spawn, setting up three way firefights.

Choose what allies and enemies you get and what weapons they have.

Hazards:

Dead bodies at start: For the flood to use.

Weapons and Ammo on map: Three way brawl anyone?

Sentinels: Sentinels sometimes appear and proceed to attack everyone on the map.

Armed Gunships: Phantoms and Pelicans have weapons that they use when they drop off units.

Allied Suppot: Things like weapon drops, ODSTs and Zealots.

Random Infections: AI allies ( and hostiles!) may randomly turn due to Flood spores.

Also, the maps could get a special backround and atmosphere.

For example, instead of just New Mombassa with the standard bullets and random explosians, we got NM with fires, that green, flood mist and visible Flood infections (Gravemind too if they want to).

These options allow the differeance between Fighting a war, having a chance at victory to fighting a losing battle, possibly being the last non-infected lifeforms on the planet.

• Like 1

Yes. I like it. This also made me like it even more:

It's a good idea.

Adds more to Firefight.

I can see it like this:

You set the the options for the flood.

You set the weapons they spawn with and if they even have weapons.

You enable Pure flood forms or disable them.

AI:

You could have both UNSC and Covie AI.

Your choice: Elite or Spartan would determine which AI is your allie.

Have both UNSC and Covie AI spawn, setting up three way firefights.

Choose what allies and enemies you get and what weapons they have.

Hazards:

Dead bodies at start: For the flood to use.

Weapons and Ammo on map: Three way brawl anyone?

Sentinels: Sentinels sometimes appear and proceed to attack everyone on the map.

Armed Gunships: Phantoms and Pelicans have weapons that they use when they drop off units.

Allied Suppot: Things like weapon drops, ODSTs and Zealots.

Random Infections: AI allies ( and hostiles!) may randomly turn due to Flood spores.

Also, the maps could get a special backround and atmosphere.

For example, instead of just New Mombassa with the standard bullets and random explosians, we got NM with fires, that green, flood mist and visible Flood infections (Gravemind too if they want to).

These options allow the differeance between Fighting a war, having a chance at victory to fighting a losing battle, possibly being the last non-infected lifeforms on the planet.

• Like 1

Remember that one area in Halo Combat Evolved at the end of the mission "343 Guilty Spark"  where you wait at that little structure in the swamp waiting for Foehammer to pick you up for evac, but Master Chief gets intercepted by Guilty Spark and gets telelported to The Library... that one section of land was so popular that Bungie made it into its own unique dedicated space... A map called "Backwash" in Halo 2.

The problem was that it was to hard to see due to the green flood fog, and it was also dark and everything looked the same on every part of the map so it was easy to get lost. On top of that the graphics on the map weren't as good as the rest of the maps due to console limitation on the Original Xbox. So the map sucked and mostly everyone hated it and it failed as a Multiplayer map... But it doesn't fail as a survival mode map!

I think 343i should resurrect said map and give it a much needed graphical overhaul and make it work with Halo 5's new and improved physics and audio engine on a two generation newer console (Xbox One), and make it a Floodfight (Flood version of Firefight) map.

#BringbackBackwash