Suggestions from (a) fan(s)

Ireneus

Hello 343 and everyone else reading this,

First, thank you for taking on a remake of HALO CE. I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to add my grain of salt.

I know the remake is supposed to be improved graphics and a better multiplayer only. But I think adding tidbits here and there won't be harmful.

For example, I think many fans would agree about having a 3 order-issuing system to the marines added to the campaign. These three orders would be simple:

1. Defend area (pretty much stay here, where MC is)

2. Attack/advance

3. Follow me, stay on me (with MC)

I think these orders, combined with Halo: Reach's marine squad list would be a huge improvement.

I think this addition would not harm the experience of the game but enrich it. It would allow the player for different ways to campaign, and also to save as many of the marines that some fans regard as brothers-in-arms, I know I have because I spent, like many others, countless checkpoint retries so that one marine with 1 health bar wouldn't die throughout the whole mission.

I hope you take this into consideration.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

although this is a good idea i would like 343i to keep the campaign of CE exactly the same with very minor glitch improvements. I think if 343i were to put this in than they should put it in halo 4 but not CEA

But then again, if we want the SAME game, we might as well play the original Halo: CE. I think there should be stuff that add to the game without taking away it's mysticism. Basic orders, like the ones I mentioned above could be implemented with the Cross by assigning each order to a button: up, left, right, or making one button to assign all the orders by rotation (one tap = defend, two taps = advance, three taps = follow player). I think this option should always be available to the 1st player when in co-op.

And when the player doesn't give out an order, then the marines, units, just go like in the first game, minding their part.

This would do better off in H4. CEA is just going to remain CE with Updated graphics resolutions and the like. Maybe a new legendary ending not so silly. I'd like to a fire fight mode against the Flood in blood gultch. That would be awesome. The Marine idea would be cool but Halo has never been a squad style shooter. I dont want it to become anything like that.

I would like this better in Halo 4. But then again, MC might have no backup at all in Halo 4. He could be totally alone. But it would be cool to use this on Silent Cartographer when you assault the beach with all those marines. I would like this in Reach too, the Marines don't follow you sometimes and you have to go back and be like "Hey, stupid, I'm going this way", then he's like oh okay, then gets lost again so you have to get him. You could use the other 3 d-pad buttons for this.

• 3 weeks later...

No. Save it for Halo 4. That is a good way for 343 to pull away from Bungie a bit and make the game their own. Halo CEA is a remastered version not a remake. No new additions other than graphic and the terminals are being changed. The reason is that it gives the kids who are teenagers now the opportunity to play the series from the beginning with the updated graphics and an opportunity for us who are a little older to relive that feeling of playing it again for the first time.

Watching the videos of the campaign with the new skin I thought it was the original. Then when they clicked back to the original graphics I was a bit in shock. I had forgotten how long it has been since I played the game. Its kinda like watching a sifi movie from the 80's that looked so real at the time but now looks silly. All they are changing is the graphics and that is all any true halo fan would want from Halo CEA.

BTW how cool would it be if some movies were remastered with new sound and better cgi. I would like that a lot more than some of the remake trash that's being produced now.