DECAYED* - EROSION MAP VARIANT (FINAL VERSION)

Map Name: DECAYED* by MiCkEy O rOuRkE
Game-types supported : FFA slayer, koth, oddball, and red vs blue vs green in slayer
Amount of players : 6-8 players

decayedintro_zps92c43342.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/filebrowser/details/fa54098c-7ed4-48d5-89f5-68e55fa56e91

Description: This is a medium sized map which works well for king of the hill and slayer, but also other game-types. It has a road around the outside of the map which teams can control using the warthog provided at the centre of the map. The crane contains a sniper and a teleporter which is connected to the other side of the main central building. there is also a man cannon on top of the green over hanging bridge and a broken piece which can be crouch jumped to from the raised platform on the bridge for a silent approach. There is a raised platform at the end of the crane walkway to prevent campers from hogging the sniper.

decayedone_zpscbad1bdd.png

There is a concussion rifle spawn opposite the crane above the upper highway on the upper platform. This can be reached by traversing the the steps of the tower or by jumping into the man cannon at the centre of the map. At the top most part of the map there is a human mounted turret which can be used to combat the warthog as its racing around. This spot is open to fire from the concussion rifle position because they can use the pipes as cover.

decayed2_zps8e10dcdd.png

Behind the turret there is a walkway which goes around behind the building and leads to a little perch where a battle rifle can be found, and following the path round towards the blue spawn base there is a covered bunker placement where a random ordnance drop appears containing a shotgun/ scattershot/ sword/ hammer combo. There is also a few little jumps spots for parkour style players including the aerial which can be used to jump from the bunker straight to the teleporter in a few seconds. 

decayed3_zps03560b11.png

At the centre of the map there is a sticky det spawn and the warthog spawn. Players need to take care at the centre of the map because there are so many good firing positions to get ambushed by, the movement is very fluid in this area because the amount of jumpspots and ledges I have added. There are 3 different oddball respawn positions here as well as a couple of king of the hill locations. Through the shield door players can find a needler.

decayedmiddle_zps8a6a559f.png

The walkway from the centre leads between two silos and connects to the base below the crane through the passage with a shield door. 

decayed4_zpsf0ce34f3.png

Through the shield door at the centre of the map an alley with a ramp which connects to upper highway. There is a man cannon on the platform below the crane which throws the player on top of the green overhanging bridge and then players can jump in the secondary man cannon on up to the crane or use the crouch jump. Players can also get on top of the bridge by jump crouching from the highway barricade and through the cover crenelation. 

decayed5_zpsf624532e.png

Here is the spawn, weapon, warthog, teleporter and ordnance locations on an overview of my map. I hope you have fun playing the map and I would like to thank ZANDRIL and MOOSE93 for giving me feedback and helping me improve my map. My gamertag is MiCkEy O rOuRkE, add me if you need help play testing a map or just to play with me. I also have other maps which i need help play testing and getting feedback for on my fileshare, hopefully i will get to do that in the near future.

DECAYEDFINALOVERVIEW_zps7592be66.jpg

• Like 1

I honestly think those are way too many power weapons to be in one map. Where do the players spawn? Do they spawn equidistant from the power weapons?

Could you provide an overview of the map with the spawns marked?

just looked at the last image with weapons and ordnance. i have to agree with zandril, the placed weapons are already a bit too much, then there is the ordnance.

personally, i would keep a sniper, shotgun and either the sticky detonator or concussion riffle. i wouldnt even bother with ordnance

just looked at the last image with weapons and ordnance. i have to agree with zandril, the placed weapons are already a bit too much, then there is the ordnance.

personally, i would keep a sniper, shotgun and either the sticky detonator or concussion riffle. i wouldnt even bother with ordnance

Do the players spawn equidistant from all the power weapons?

Do the players spawn equidistant from all the power weapons?

from what i can see, they dont. the spawns are very spread out, there are no clusters of initial spawns that give a definitive spawn location at the start of a game. instead, they have placed lots of initial spawns and set them to teams (red team/blue team/ect...). in forge, it looks like it would lead to spawning randomly at the start of a game. it may work in customs but i cant see it working

i cant really explain it, but you will see what i mean if you check the map out. 

thanks moose am new to posting on these forums

we all have to start somewhere, my first few maps got ignored completely. 

i have had a quick fly around in forge, the map layout is good, seems like it could get a little confusing at times though. i have seen a few problems with the map. 

as mentioned before, the initial spawns are very spread out. set each team up with their own area to spawn in at the start of a game. currently, at the start of a game, there is a high chance you will spawn next to or very close to an enemy. you need to change a lot of the initial spawn points to neutral spawns to stop this from happening. 

another problem i saw was, from what i could see, there was only one route up to the sniper tower (2 if you have jetpack). this is bad for gameplay, it makes it far too easy to camp there, you can also see a good portion of the map from the tower. add more routes up to the tower besides the teleporter, these can be jumps, gravlifts or just normal walk up routes.

as zandril pointed out before, there are far too many power weapons for a map this size. i would suggest removing ordnance and relocating  some of the weapons.

personally, i would:

-leave the sniper where it is

-remove a shotgun and relocate the remaining shotgun to where ordnance drop 1 is (removing the ordnance) 

-remove the binary riffle

-remove ordnance drop 2 and move the stick detonator where ordnance drop 2 was

-move the concussion riffle onto the tower with the base terminal

-remove ordnance drop 3

when i went to get an overview of the map, i got a lot of lag while looking at the map. it didnt lag while i was withing the map area, but this may change when there are more people playing on the map

(this is the first time i have done proper feedback. i will probably have missed some stuff, if i notice anything else, i will tell you)

I really appreciate the feedback guys, none of my friends really play halo 4 anymore so i have no one to play test with. I was thinking there might be too many power weapons on the map. I don't understand what you mean about the spawn points. If you are on the red team wont you spawn at a red spawn point, or am i missing something. Is it something to do with spawn zones?

Does anyone have any respect for someone choosing a name first? You can see on page one a map of the same name and you just decide to take it. Maybe you think you map is better, but whatever the reason, it just doesn't seem right.

sorry dude i didn't realize the name was taken as i said im new to posting here, when i make the next adjustments to the map i will change the name

• Like 1

I really appreciate the feedback guys, none of my friends really play halo 4 anymore so i have no one to play test with. I was thinking there might be too many power weapons on the map. I don't understand what you mean about the spawn points. If you are on the red team wont you spawn at a red spawn point, or am i missing something. Is it something to do with spawn zones?

colouring a spawn point to a team will cause a member of that team to spawn there, no other team can spawn on that spawn point. 

you have initial spawns (the place a player spawns at the start of the game) spread out as normal spawn points, unless i have missed something, this will lead to different teams spawning next to each other

you need to put a cluster of initial spawns in an area (close together), and then set them to a team. you then need to replace all the other initial spawns around the map with normal spawns (leave them neutral). this will give a player an chance to spawn on any of the neutral spawn points. if you want a certain team to have more chance of spawning in an area, you can use spawn zones to give one team more chance of spawning in that area

this video could be useful

colouring a spawn point to a team will cause a member of that team to spawn there, no other team can spawn on that spawn point. 

you have initial spawns (the place a player spawns at the start of the game) spread out as normal spawn points, unless i have missed something, this will lead to different teams spawning next to each other

you need to put a cluster of initial spawns in an area (close together), and then set them to a team. you then need to replace all the other initial spawns around the map with normal spawns (leave them neutral). this will give a player an chance to spawn on any of the neutral spawn points. if you want a certain team to have more chance of spawning in an area, you can use spawn zones to give one team more chance of spawning in that area

this video could be useful

Thanks for the feedback i tweaked the respawns to work better and cut the number of teams to four.

* made the weapon changes that you suggested

* took away some of the coliseum walls to help with the frame rate problem hopefully

* i moved the warthog to the middle of the map for more balance for teams to acquire it

* i also added a man cannon to the top of the bridge which throws the player to the sniper crane which i have also tweaked

* there is a make shift broken piece of the crane the player can jump to from the little perch on top of the bridge for a quiet approach

* took away the pipe between the silos for better map orientation and doesn't seem as clustered

* put a br spawn on the bridge and another plasma pistol near where the binary rifle used to be 

* put a soft kill zone on the pipe at the highest part of the map to prevent a camper from sitting there

Hope this makes the map alot better thanks again i changed the map name to DECAYED 

download link : http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/filebrowser/details/253a660d-6583-4aff-9a78-7eba3c027019

I will make a more up to date weapon over pic when i get the chance 

You should make red and blue spawn equidistant from all the power weapons. You're spawning red closer to the concussion rifle guaranteeing them possession of the weapon.

Even if it's not the strongest power weapon, it's still a power weapon.

You should make red and blue spawn equidistant from all the power weapons. You're spawning red closer to the concussion rifle guaranteeing them possession of the weapon.

Even if it's not the strongest power weapon, it's still a power weapon.

I cant see anywhere to move the red spawn base with making it closer to other weapons do u think i should take out the concussion rifle maybe or just move all team spawns?

I cant see anywhere to move the red spawn base with making it closer to other weapons do u think i should take out the concussion rifle maybe or just move all team spawns?

try moving it under the braces near green spawn. i know this will mean green team will most likely grab it, but its more balanced in a normal game.

if you cant find anywhere suitable for it, just remove it, or replace another weapon with it

Maybe if I make it only 3 team slayer delete the yellow spawn n move the red spawn down infront of the turret to increase the distance to the concussion rifle?

its probably better to set up the red and blue spawns first, then place other team spawns. 

its probably better to set up the red and blue spawns first, then place other team spawns.

I sorted out the spawns i deleted the gold team moved the red spawn to the ground infront the turret. I moved the green spawn to below the bridge overhang and i also put a man cannon in the centre facing the ledge that used to hold the binary rifle so the green n blue team are exquidistant to the concussion rifle spawn.

One last little tweak I was thinking of changing where the scattershot is to a random ordnance drop because I think that area wont c a lot action and I think it wud make it more fair for the green team as it wont spawn at the start. Weapons cud just b scattershot shotgun maybe sword n hammer

One last little tweak I was thinking of changing where the scattershot is to a random ordnance drop because I think that area wont c a lot action and I think it wud make it more fair for the green team as it wont spawn at the start. Weapons cud just b scattershot shotgun maybe sword n hammer

You don't have to mind the other teams as much. In a regular game, it's only red and blue. I'm not saying that you shouldn't care about the spawn of the other team nor should you disregard them.

Just saying that you should prioritize red and blue.

• Like 1

You don't have to mind the other teams as much. In a regular game, it's only red and blue. I'm not saying that you shouldn't care about the spawn of the other team nor should you disregard them.

Just saying that you should prioritize red and blue.

I think i got my final version now I prioritized the red and blue spawns and decided to go with the ordnance drop to bring some of the flow of the game back towards the top of the map instead of it just being used to teleport to the sniper tower. 

Here is the final spawn and weapon layout, need to update my original post now. UPDATED NOW

DECAYEDFINALOVERVIEW_zps7592be66.jpg