Campaign too Easy on Legendary ?

TheMightyLlama1

It amuses me on how many people are crying out that Halo 2 was the hardest. The only difficult part was that sniper lane they set up. Beyond that it was a cake walk to me. Even that lane was simple once you go through it once. Halo CE was far worse for simple reason: Rocket Flood. Didn't matter what difficulty, they caused problems all the time and there wasn't much you could do about it.

Halo 4's campaign while not the most difficult had plenty of frustrating moments and the mechanics of the Prometheans amped up the difficulty factor. Finding that one bloody crawler using a binary before you die is a pain in the arse.

It amuses me on how many people are crying out that Halo 2 was the hardest. The only difficult part was that sniper lane they set up. Beyond that it was a cake walk to me. Even that lane was simple once you go through it once. Halo CE was far worse for simple reason: Rocket Flood. Didn't matter what difficulty, they caused problems all the time and there wasn't much you could do about it.

Halo 4's campaign while not the most difficult had plenty of frustrating moments and the mechanics of the Prometheans amped up the difficulty factor. Finding that one bloody crawler using a binary before you die is a pain in the arse.

Rocket flood is in H2 and it is not as near as bad as Shotgun Flood. 

And the problem is that legendary for CE is fun. The enemies are tough, yes, but they are fun and satisfying to kill. A kill on legendary for Halo 2 is deserving of an award. Plus the brutes are freaking made out of titanium.

The games are not getting easier, we are just getting more experience and skilled. I figured this out when I was a kid. 

Halo 2 is hard, sure, but the campaign of reach was pure hell for me. It took me 2 weeks, when I finished the covenant carrier at the end, I screamed of joy.

I actually find Halo 4 more harder than the previous games except for Halo wars and Halo: Combat Evolved. I can't go on killing sprees because of those watchers and those Promethean Knights that teleport  when they're about to die are annoying. I could face 3 elites at once by lowering their shields one by one while dodging but once you lower a Knight's shield they teleport so you have to kill them fast but other Knights or crawlers just pop out and kill you instead. Not to mention that each knight is equipped with it's own melee weapon that can kill you instantly. 

I actually find Halo 4 more harder than the previous games except for Halo wars and Halo: Combat Evolved. I can't go on killing sprees because of those watchers and those Promethean Knights that teleport  when they're about to die are annoying. I could face 3 elites at once by lowering their shields one by one while dodging but once you lower a Knight's shield they teleport so you have to kill them fast but other Knights or crawlers just pop out and kill you instead. Not to mention that each knight is equipped with it's own melee weapon that can kill you instantly. 

But that is just annoying/bad programming hard. Halo 2 has the most genuine challenge (albeit the difference the change from Heroic is to big) since the enemies had massive shield energy and were just tougher. No enemies (except snipers, gosh) have cheap tactics. 

When I played Halo 4 it was dead easy !

I only had 4 or 5 difficult moments and they were nothing to difficult at all I beat them within a few deaths. :)

EDIT

Apart form that one promethean at the final mission with the incineration cannon !

Edited by Caboose the Ace

is it strange that all of you are saying H4 is easy on legendary yet its the only game I haven't done solo legendary?

It it took me longer to finish halo reach on legendary. Halo 4 is rather easy since a lot of the events in the game are somewhat scripted, like certain enemies spawning, making them an easy kill. 

While Halo CE to REACH relied more on random spawning enemies.

• 2 weeks later...

But that is just annoying/bad programming hard. Halo 2 has the most genuine challenge (albeit the difference the change from Heroic is to big) since the enemies had massive shield energy and were just tougher. No enemies (except snipers, gosh) have cheap tactics. 

That's my problem. Almost every enemy in Halo 4 have cheap tactics but it seems a lot easier once I got used to it. 

Edited by Frankenzer

Bungie's Halo games had legitimately stronger enemies who used smarter tactics. Halo 4 has massive metallic monsters capable of respawning and teleporting infinitely as well as the ability kill you in one hit with a melee or fireballs or a laser beam WITH shields that have an ungodly recharge rate.

If anything, older Halo games are fairly tougher than 4. Legendary on previous Halo games are similar to world 8 in NES Mario games (with Halo 2 acting as the Lost Levels), while Halo 4 is a rom hack where someone put a bunch of invisible coin blocks in annoying places.

They did tone it down quite a bit but I'm not complaining because this will be the first Halo I've beat on Legendary... I know it's embarassing, don't make fun! I'm probably the only one who things that the easier Legendary is a plus. To be honest I was hoping that I just got really good at the game, but this topic just killed that hope. Thank you very much for crushing my dreams!

They did tone it down quite a bit but I'm not complaining because this will be the first Halo I've beat on Legendary... I know it's embarassing, don't make fun! I'm probably the only one who things that the easier Legendary is a plus. To be honest I was hoping that I just got really good at the game, but this topic just killed that hope. Thank you very much for crushing my dreams!

If you want I'd be more than happy to help you on the Halo Legendary Campaigns. :)