Destiny//Halo Look-Alikes

Here are some pictures of things in both halo and destiny that seem extremely similar to me. I am not accusing destiny of "copying" any of these things from halo, they just appear to be very similar by coincidence. I am just making this thread for pure fun, i am not trying to convey some sort of point throughout this

This first look-alike is between the Didact's cryptum (halo 4) and the Traveler (destiny)

Senti.jpg

travelers-rest.jpg

Despite some immense size differences, both objects appear relatively similar. Both large and mechanical looking, and both hold immense power

The next loo-alike is between the halo 4 shotgun and a couple of the shotguns that are in destinyH4_shotgun_trans.pngvlcsnap-2013-04-14-22h18m29s16.jpg

please disregard the rifles that are shown in the destiny picture. The design of the shotguns in general all seem very similar to the halo 4 shotgun cosmetically

the final look-alike for today is between cortana and the Awoken race in destiny

cgi-cortana-model.jpg

destiny-awoken.jpg

both of these women share similar facial features and the mysterious blue glow of their skin

That is all that i have for now. I can always update this thread if i find anything else that is similar looking between halo and destiny. Also, feel free to add your own pictures of things that you find to be look-alikes. Hope you guys enjoyed this short article

Edited by Victory Element
  • Like 2

The 'Orb' or sphere is a very popular vessel for science fiction use. Here a numerous examples.

sci-fi-horror-sphere.jpg

Alien Entity

551994-sphere32431.jpg

The Sphere

260px-Borg_Sphere.png

The Borg ship from Star Trek

B9AFFB7524.jpg

The Day the Earth Stood Still

starman_sphere.jpg

Star Man

DeathStar.gif

Death Star - Star Wars

dyson-sphere-simple.png

The Dyson Sphere

photo_cvr_earth1_hr.jpg

....just saying, spheres are all around us and capture the imagination of many science fiction writers, movie makers and game developers.

Then of course there are the weapons, all so original....you think?

218d8d91a9620cebcc6e3f695433c0dd.jpg

Needs no introduction......

AR-DE-SD87B.jpg

AR-DE-SD87-80C2.jpg

Pistol grip shotguns

finalcarbine.jpg

AR 15

tavor_01.jpg

Look familiar?

New+Assault+Rifles.jpg

I could go on, but I think the point is made, clearly.

Cortana and the Awoken female look nothing alike. The Awoken have palled white skin and there is simply nothing familiar between their looks. Cortana clearly shows no sensual nature, as does the Awoken female and the hair styles, dress, movement and general nature of each character differ greatly.

As for the reticles, they are used and based from real life weapons.

reticle-chart.jpg

leopold-reticles-001.jpg

Commonly the duplex is used, minus the wire center cross hairs in many game for a variety of reasons. One is to reduce image overlap in scope mode, another is simply for aesthetic reasons.

Basically any game developer will have it's historical 'feel' present in games it produces, especially when they are from the exact same genre. Bungie created the Halo universe. It may have been added to since with additional writings and games, but it is their creation. Destiny is a complete departure from Halo. Yes it has alien races, conflict, weapons, ships and various other science fiction elements, but the game has no direct lineage to Halo.

Next.......

• Like 3

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Anyways, on a side note I think that for the female character design in Destiny, Bungie could have made the design less like cortana... Maybe if she had diffrent hair?... Hmmm....

DsvGEQC.jpg

iqZqcUV.jpg

zlrkX1z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...