Halo 4 Free Roaming Flood Forge Off!

Donut

FloodContest_zpsc8e35404.png

For those of you who love forging Zombie invested landscapes or feel like it is time  for you to take a stab at creating a brain sucking nightmare we challenge you to bring our worst dreams to life with the living dead!

FloodPromoline_zpscdde7fd7.png

Floddpromoline2_zpsd04ec383.png

RulesforFloodcontest_zpsbd0cd87c.png

This will be a forge contest based on

Forgers are required to use the

HivemindGameType_zpsf757de5e.png

Every map must be suitable for play with 10-12 players per game.

We encourage you to test your maps before you submission to the contest.

You are only allowed to submit one map per forger or forge team.
You may forge with a partner, but only one prize per map will be offered.

To sign up for the contest, you must reply to this thread, listing your file share gamer tag, map name, description (if you choose) and only one image.

Your map must be tagged with "DFO1" and remain in your file share for the duration of the contest and judging.

You must forge a new map that was/is made after July 20th.

Judgingcriteriacontest_zps48c66d9c.png

Judging based on a 30 point system with 10 points per each category.

Categories are:

Map Balance

Aesthetics

Game Play

JudgesforFloodcontest_zpsfafd901b.png

Donut of 343industries.org, Elliot of ForgeHub.com, Absolute Dog of 343industries.org

Play Testing provided by  

BIOClogo_zps37dcd619.png

Prizeimageforfloodcontest_zpsd702a923.pn

1st Place

Prize is either the Champions Bundle for Halo 4 (releases August 20th), 1600 ms points, or 3 month XBL gold.
Feature video on both THFE 's and Mr Pokefiles You Tube Channels
Choice of concept art for either Impact, Erosion or Ravine signed by
Certain Affinity

2nd Place

Feature video on both THFE's and Mr Pokefiles You Tube Channels

Choice of concept art for either Impact, Erosion or Ravine signed by

Certain Affinity

3rd Place

Feature video on both THFE's and Mr Pokefiles You Tube Channels

Due Date

Final map submissions are due no later than 11:59 PM EST August 31st

Flood images used for this thread were obtained from Sneaky Baron.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 8

Probably won't be able to do this one. Sorry!

The map has turned out... Just... terrible. I'm going to focus my efforts on Dominion (I'm better at forging Dominion anyway, Flood isn't my strong suit.)

This looks like fun. ;)

Just some tips: Hivemind works better on short to medium sightlines. ARs and Magnums are great initials to place right by the human spawns, while more powerful weapons should require you to spread out away from teammates and safety.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 4

This looks like fun. ;)

Just some tips: Hivemind works better on short to medium sightlines. ARs and Magnums are great initials to place right by the human spawns, while more powerful weapons should require you to spread out away from teammates and safety.

Good luck everyone!

Alzarahn, you should totally get the winning maps in matchmaking. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

GT: Sikslik7

Map Name: La Villa

Map Link: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/db0552cd-5cb0-45f0-a609-0ea0c7b60850

Description:

Built long ago by a warlord as his personal estate, it has become a historical landmark known for the atrocities committed there. During a recent restoration, the real horrors of what happened there were uncovered. Spartans have been deployed to end the contamination before it can spread. 

This map was semi inspired by a short story I had to read long ago about a man who hunted other men on his personal island. I decided that just an estate would work much better and I could incorporate some aspects of maps I made back in Reach. Be prepared to face the horrors within!

Picture -

post-9451-0-83675200-1377984759_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

HurricaneZca1a.jpg

GT: GryffinGuy007

Map Name: Hurricane Z

Waypoint Link: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-au/players/gryffinguy007/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=e33dba79-6862-4e23-9df0-370fa1de1fa7

Map Description:

[Command, this is the Seattle Highway Department, there appears to be a situation going on in Area Code 37, do not enter, I repeat, do not enter. Riots have erupted all over the city, with civilians even attempting to bite those offending. The violence cannot be controlled, I repeat, cannot be controlled. Requesting immediate quarantine actions, command code 007, over. Send in Spartans from Infinity immediately, over.] 

The year is 2557. After the catastrophic events of Hurricane Zero, the city centre of Seattle now houses the plague that carries similar characteristics of the Flood infection. The city, and its people, are now infected with what has been identified as a cannibalistic virus.

Your mission, as Spartans, is to eliminate the threat. Destroy all who possess this horrific disease; there is no cure. The city has been quarantined to prevent the outbreak spreading any further. You will not leave until you completely eliminate the virus. Kill them, or become one of them - your decision. Good luck, Spartans.

• Like 3

GT: Wagoner1993

Map Name: Breach

Description: The map takes place at an under ground bunker on Erosion; however, this map truly sets itself apart from all other underground bunkers by the aesthetics and gameplay. I hope everyone who plays this map will enjoy it. :)

I apologize for my technical difficulties earlier so consider this the submission rather than my sad first attempt.

Gamer Tag: Wagoner1993

Map: Breach

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/wagoner1993/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=28792e71-83c9-46e7-8a55-a0e60ee325a7

Description: This map takes place at an underground bunker complex on Erosion; however, my map truly sets itself apart from other maps with this theme due to its aesthetics, map balence, and gameplay . I wish everyone good luck and hope that any one who plays my map will enjoy it! :)

• Like 2

GT: Mr WoIfy

Map Name: Code: BurningSky

Waypoint link: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/05d89fe6-2b99-46c5-938b-d23bd763c920

Map description: Contact was lost with a research station. Team Heroic was sent to investigate, but was surprised when a group of unknown hostiles boarding them were marked with friendly tags from long since KIA allies...

(this was placed "late" due to nonresponsiveness and the sudden realization that other individuals were placing their submissions here instead of just tagging and leaving in fileshare as I had understood we would be doing...)

• Like 1