Zandril

Hey guys. I'm proud to show you my latest map in Halo 4.

I call it Novus. Latin for new.

I named it that mainly because I wanted to show off the little knowledge I have of the Latin language and because this map is a new start for me. A map I built without basing it off of anything other than my own ideas. First time I've done that. And I'd say it worked out pretty well.

hS9JIev.jpg

Novus is an asymmetric map that plays best on Extraction and Slayer. CTF also plays pretty good. This map has undergone so many changes I've lost count on how many. And all these changes only made the map better.

Weapons in the map

Power Weapons

- Rocket Launcher x1
- Sniper Rifle x1

Other Weapons

- Battle Rifle x2
- Plasma Grenade x2 (4 total)

THANK YOU

After working on the map for three months, I decided to release it. The barrage of feedback I received was overwhelming that it led me to change the map even more.

I'd say that it has changed for the better. Both for gameplay and aesthetics. I've made major changes to this map for 4 times now and I can safely say that each update improved the map.

Of course, I couldn't have done all of this to the map without help.

I would like to thank, (in alphabetical order)

- AbleSir Thomas
- AbsentDuckling
- a Chunk
- Auburn
- dhg redemption
- Festuca
- FlyingShoe ILR
- II Acidity II
- Juanez Sanchez
- Noooooch
- oOZeroFlameOo
- PA1NTS
- SpinCycle014
- TheFatedFire
- THESLAMMERSS
- WARHOLIC
- X51000

I apologize if I missed anyone or misspelled anyone's name.

Minor Update

Replaced base stripe with a crate as an access point from leftside Red to the extraction site at the rock area.

0moAbSa.jpg

Changed the pieces used in Blue to 3x3 shorts to keep the piece usage more consistent.

9L0BxBR.jpg

Changed the locations of the extraction sites

nav9T1P.jpg

SCREENSHOTS

Main photos

0bDndAY.jpg

73jXzqV.jpg

Khf9cjC.jpg

JMm3KOQ.jpg

Db5uW0f.jpg

Rd6d577.jpg

4UxsFJL.jpg

fN2G1ro.jpg

VJrmHKV.jpg

LCoRwWA.jpg

f0PIB8F.jpg

p3ft20X.jpg

EQVjyMJ.jpg

qxpK5sF.jpg

p2hkyJ5.jpg

po9f6Fe.jpg

Overviews

KFgus34.jpg

EDddBPZ.jpg

ztXi9OD.jpg

WidwDKC.jpg

iaoaMo3.jpg

v2ayMqU.jpg

• Like 2

I saw this yesterday on a preview thread at Halocustoms, and clicked somewhere else and couldn't find it! One day later you submit it! I think this looks fantastic I am gonna go download now! But I will download it from Halocustoms.com . Feedback for sure, after I get to check it out!

Zan!!!!! Great map i love the layout of the different zones. though red kind bugs me feels too...white lol needs more pzazz. don't worry ill help ;) Aesthetics man to the rescue!!!  

Haha. Sure thing slammers. :)

Looks great! I'll try to give it a DL. But I may not be able to play on it cuz I don't have many friends who play halo????

I was testing this map with you, wasn't I, zandril? Right before you tested my minigame I tested this with you I think we played extraction... I should think you updated it, but when I played it there were some spawning issues? Other than that I had lots of fun. I spawned in front of like 3 enemies twice I think... And died... Perhaps that's just my bad luck lol

On the map layout you posted, where I died was at the "walkway" beside the wall at the bottom right. Perhaps less spawn points near there

Looks great! I'll try to give it a DL. But I may not be able to play on it cuz I don't have many friends who play halo

I was testing this map with you, wasn't I, zandril? Right before you tested my minigame I tested this with you I think we played extraction... I should think you updated it, but when I played it there were some spawning issues? Other than that I had lots of fun. I spawned in front of like 3 enemies twice I think... And died... Perhaps that's just my bad luck lol

On the map layout you posted, where I died was at the "walkway" beside the wall at the bottom right. Perhaps less spawn points near there

Thanks Rayner. Glad you like the map. In all the games I've played here, no one really complained about the spawning. Maybe you were just unlucky. But I'll look into it anyway.

• Like 1

When we played this the my felt great, I picked up the layout fast and it had good flow

The only thing that I thick could change for the better is by the sticky cave, that hallway felt a bit to narrow, also it seemed that 75% of the match that's where the fighting occurred, but when the rocks, or snipes spawned it shifted there than came back to the hall

Other than that I really enjoyed the map and will keep a copy of it

If you ever want to get a group together and test strict competitive maps give me a ring

When we played this the my felt great, I picked up the layout fast and it had good flow

The only thing that I thick could change for the better is by the sticky cave, that hallway felt a bit to narrow, also it seemed that 75% of the match that's where the fighting occurred, but when the rocks, or snipes spawned it shifted there than came back to the hall

Other than that I really enjoyed the map and will keep a copy of it

If you ever want to get a group together and test strict competitive maps give me a ring

I've actually never had that in a game on this map before. The Sticky Cave gets traffic but not as much as how you described it. I don't think the hallway is too narrow though.

BUT. Nevertheless, I'll look into it.

Since you're on my friend's list, I'll just send you an invite if you're online and I'm in a testing lobby.

I looked at the pics I think the shallow ramp sculpture is what gives off the narrow effect

Probably an illusion then. 'Cause I took a look at that area earlier and I really don't think that it's narrow.

I saw this yesterday on a preview thread at Halocustoms, and clicked somewhere else and couldn't find it! One day later you submit it! I think this looks fantastic I am gonna go download now! But I will download it from Halocustoms.com . Feedback for sure, after I get to check it out!

Forgot all about your post, Festuca. :P

Thanks. I'm glad you like the map. I look forward to hearing your feedback for it soon.

This map looks awesome. It looks better than some maps in matchmaking. I've seen this map posted in different halo sites and you seem to have gotten good feedback 90% of the time. The map must play really well.

I'll try to get a game on it sometime.

It is better than a lot of Forge maps in matchmaking!

Hey Zandril, finally got to play this today! Got some feedback and praise for you!

Major issues-NA

Minor issues-

1) in the blue zone I thought the blue brace large bridge that heads into the into the yellow doorway/bridge confluence was not in scale and tied in like all the other features of the map! Perhaps center it on the large walkway covers, and use something like 2x2 ramp, or 2x2 platform where a player can circulate around those vertical large walkway cover! It would also give you an opportunity to connect all 3 of those blue brace large bridges.

2) Near remote detonator spawn there was a brace large that was pitched as an incline that lead to the upper non colored mezzanine! I thought something that perhaps aproned it out a bit so the player wouldn't have to jump onto it would be smooth! I try to give ideas to visualize or spark alternatives only, I am not saying this is what you should do!. My thought was perhaps a 4x4 platform would ramp up there perhaps nicely, I forget the width scale if it would fit!

3) I thought in very slightly that the back of red zone was separated from the rest of the map, or at least didn't  flow into all the other zones as well as others! I have no advice for this, maybe less sight blockers, or perhaps a weapon! Shotgun, scattershot could be fun!

Praise-

I love the layout and was engaged everywhere in the map! The layout is inspiring and enlightens me on attributes I wish were represented in my builds, but without biting your ideas!

I was able to reach all areas of the map, and never felt cornered or stranded at all! With the exception of the mentioned above!

The sticky det cave, is a gasp, I love it! Side thought-have you stuck a light in there?

my preferred load-out was promthean vision, with BR, AR combo, or AR magnum! I thought all grenade types are amazing in this map! The frag ricochets were so fun, I was getting loaded up in laughter! 

Fun=success and this map is exactly that! Thanks for sharing this build!

• Like 1

2) Near remote detonator spawn there was a brace large that was pitched as an incline that lead to the upper non colored mezzanine! I thought something that perhaps aproned it out a bit so the player wouldn't have to jump onto it would be smooth! I try to give ideas to visualize or spark alternatives only, I am not saying this is what you should do!. My thought was perhaps a 4x4 platform would ramp up there perhaps nicely, I forget the width scale if it would fit!

3) I thought in very slightly that the back of red zone was separated from the rest of the map, or at least didn't  flow into all the other zones as well as others! I have no advice for this, maybe less sight blockers, or perhaps a weapon! Shotgun, scattershot could be fun!

Thanks for the feedback Festuca. I'm very thankful that you took the time to play on the map and share your thought on the map.

I agree with both of these comments and I'm currently making MAJOR changes to Novus that should fix both of these issues.

Stay tuned. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback Festuca. I'm very thankful that you took the time to play on the map and share your thought on the map.

I agree with both of these comments and I'm currently making MAJOR changes to Novus that should fix both of these issues.

Stay tuned. :)

Looking forward to the update! :thumbsup:

The bridge right infront of the blue spawn has a lip/bump

That's an issue with Halo 4 itself. When someone loads up a map with multiple people in the lobby, the Forge pieces tend to shift making what was once smooth, unsmooth.

But I'll look into it later to be sure.

• Like 1

I applaud Zandril, the recalibration of this new version is intactly synced now! Red zone fits and flows with all its other confluence biomes. Because of the calibration dynamic lighting is more accentuated as well! Using the anvil floor breaks up the ivory tone of Forge Islands pallet, and gives better visual contrast, aids to better callouts as well! This was a great job of listening to many people who added to ideas and keeping the feel of your map! I am bringing this in my customs rotation tonight!  :clap:

I applaud Zandril, the recalibration of this new version is intactly synced now! Red zone fits and flows with all its other confluence biomes. Because of the calibration dynamic lighting is more accentuated as well! Using the anvil floor breaks up the ivory tone of Forge Islands pallet, and gives better visual contrast, aids to better callouts as well! This was a great job of listening to many people who added to ideas and keeping the feel of your map! I am bringing this in my customs rotation tonight!  :clap:

Thanks Festuca. I'm glad you like the new version.