Flood: Hivemind Feedback

CANADIAN ECHO

This thread is meant for the community to give feedback on the new flood gametype on matchmaking called Hivemind. For anyone that didn't know Hivemind wasn't design by 343 Industries, but was built by the community. About a month ago a CC came to me about me giving him the best flood maps that the community has created to go into matchmaking. So instead I told him how the standard Flood mode in matchmaking is impossible to survive, so i asked him if the best of the best Flood forgers could develop a universal Flood gametype, and you know what he said to that. So I got together the best Flood forgers in Halo 4 (Sadly some forgers couldn't make in to the test) and we tested Hivemind for six days straight and we choose the best maps we could find that fit the settings Hivemind needed. After the six days, we gave the gametype to 343 to test and hopefully use, and apparently they loved it :)

I love Hivemind.  I played Flood when the game first came out and stopped after a few days because it was just much too difficult to survive.  My friend wanted to play Flood and I reluctantly agreed.  However, we voted on Hivemind because we didn't know what it was.  It was a pleasant surprise.  The game type becomes a lot more enjoyable when flood aren't thrusting 1,000,000,000 mph one-hit-killing all the humans within 2 minutes.  The addition of ordnance was a nice touchup as well.  Finally, the 2 hits to kill a Spartan was the cherry on top.  The maps are also very nicely built, much more enjoyable to play on than Adrift or Haven.  I don't want to sound like 343 did a horrible job with Flood, it's just that Hivemind is so good.  If possible, CANADIANECHO, could you try to get permission from 343 to change the normal Flood game type so I don't break my controller from rage?  That would be nice.

I was just recently introduced to the Hivemind gametype and must say the changes made seem to be on point. The Flood gametype was indeed frustrating. Humans now stand half a chance, lol!

Prime opportunity to create your own Hivemind map and enter it in the Halo 4 Forge Off contest here >>> http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/30280-forge-off-halo-4-forge-contest/!

There is still plenty of time to get those creative Forge juices flowing! :thumbsup:

As Choot 'em stated, we are currently holding a Free Roam Flood forge contest using the Hivemind settings located in Alzarahn's file share. We would be glad to provide direction to our testers and fellow players to respond to this thread when the testing begins. In addition we will be holding a Flood play date to further feature some of the better maps provided for the contest and openly invite you and anyone wanting feed back to participate and ask questions or direct players here for feed back.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...