Now I know halo is dead

GlobalHawk722

So. After 7 months 343 finally adds a classic playlist. Not only is the map selection complete crap, but the weapon placement is abominable. The adrift has 2 spartan lasers placed on the lift platforms. SPARTAN LASERS!!! WTF! And on all the other maps the power weapons are not even situated in high traffic areas, but rather in obscure corners where no one go's.

In addition, players only start with ARs, instead of the classic AR/Magnum combo that we've had since halo CE. Again, WTF?

And sprint is still present, even though there are multiple mods which remove that mechanic from the game. Now you may say, "well globalhawk, 343 shouldn't be encouraging modding so why should they use a modded gametype in matchmaking" to which I would answer:

1) they added mini slayer, a community created mod, to action sack

2) how long can it possibly take to manipulate the infinity slayer gametype in their studio to remove the sprint mechanic, make their own "modded" gametype? 5 mins? 10 mins?

This is not "Legendary" slayer

This is complete ******* bull**** slayer'

• Like 3

Actually Halo CE's standard was Plasma Pistols. Custom game types made it AR/Magnum.

There is an issue with sprint, since its a fundamental component of the coding to the game, it's a bit hard I believe to take it out when so much is involved with it. Not as simple as you may think.

I just recently played the gametype today, and I have to agree that it is a very poor representation of classic Halo gameplay. The tweeks were nearly unnoticeable and miniscule, and the biggest changes were also the biggest problems. The grenade usage is ridiculous, and the large amount of grenade warnings I see on my screen at any given time is unreal. I personally don't think there is a way to execute this right. It is far too late in development, and all the maps have Halo 4 mechanics in every nook and cranny. The sightlines just don't work, and you are going to be fired on from all sides all the time. At first I thought this was a great idea, but now that it has been executed it seems that without MAJOR map editing this gametype is just "Team Die A Lot of Times and Use Grenades"  :(:

Actually Halo CE's standard was Plasma Pistols. Custom game types made it AR/Magnum.

There is an issue with sprint, since its a fundamental component of the coding to the game, it's a bit hard I believe to take it out when so much is involved with it. Not as simple as you may think.

It is easy to take out of certain gametypes, as it has being proven.

While it is fundamental coding, they can make it so it is taken out of certain gametypes, that's what they're paid to do, code the game to the customer's benefit, if someone can mod the game and make no sprint, it really isn't that hard.

• Like 1

Ah but see you said it yourself, everything you said you don't like about Legendary Slayer is fixable. So we just have to do what we've been doing, and got good at doing... Which is waiting, and giving 343i more time to fix it.

It really wouldn't be very hard to code. Since the sprint bar depletes, it has to have a maximum and minimum value: they could simply alter the code for the new gametypes so that the maximum is set to zero, or that starting level is set to zero and regeneration is shut off. Definitely not difficult to code: more likely, they've left it in because the maps are quite large and regular 110% movement speed still isn't high enough to make traversing them without sprinting fast enough.

• Like 1