Dormant Precursors

I was wondering about the conditions of precursors that went dormant after the Forerunner-Precursor war. It has been said that some precursors went into suspended animation1 near the end of the war, while others chose to convert themselves into a powder form. Where might the precursors in suspended animation currently be??

Now, here is where things may get more complicated. The flood is the result of defects in the precursor powder forms cause by aging. The powder was supposed to return precursors to their original form, but time rendered it defective. So the flood are "precursors gone wrong" when you look at the big picture. 

The halo rings were designed to destroy any potential hosts for the flood, not destroy the flood itself. Is it possible that the firing of the halo rings did not destroy the dormant precursors because of their relation to the flood?? Or would those precursors have been killed along with the other sentient life in the galaxy? 

Whether or not precursors are in the galaxy still could be a major factor in future halos, and i was hoping that someone might have some light to shed on this subject

suspended animation- the slowing of life processes by external means, without killing the individual. Breathing, heartbeat, and other involuntary functions still occur to keep the organism alive. It is very similar to hibernation or being frozen in cryo storage

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't think that this subject will be touched for quite some time.

Halo 4 ended with the supposed death of the Didact (which I'm pretty sure everyone can now assume he's still alive), and Jul seeking revenge with Halsey pertaining Forerunner artifacts/weapons/whatever.

And as far as the novels go, Silentium barely touched on Precursor whereabouts or even existence (other than The Flood, of course).

I'm sure that plenty, and maybe all questions about the Precursors will be answered in H5 and H6, and if not, in the next saga H7, H8, and H9 for sure. I don't even know if there is another book being produced.

To answer your question, I don't think we're supposed to know, for now.

• Like 1

There may be more to the depth of this plot than we may think. Yes, we should probably be more concerned about the location of the Didact, but who is the largest threat to the Didact? Nope, not master chief, it's the precursors. The precursors have vowed to make their creations suffer to punish the forerunners for their rebellion.

Since we previously thought that the forerunners were extinct, until halo 4, the precursors may have also learned that the Didact still lives. The precursors also intended for the mantle to be inherited by humanity, so precursors could even form am alliance with humanity in an attempt to eliminate the Didact.

Btw, humpstyles, it's great being able to discuss halo fiction again :)

Edited by Victory Element