are you going to get sparten assault

sparten assult  

24 members have voted

1. 1. will you be getting it

• yes
    • no

the title is what we are all thinking whenever we think about Spartan assault is it worth a windows 8 phone is it worth the cost is the game good etc

so the question I ask is this will you be getting Spartan assault yes or no?  

I myself will not be getting it as I do not have a windows phone also the game looks terrible anyway I mean all you do is just wave you're finger around as the game fires   rember to vote also :thumbsup:

Not getting a phone just for a Halo game~ this game was poorly planned as some attempt to get Halo fans to buy even more Microsoft gear. It's another $cam by Micro$oft, is generally what I'm saying.

The halo games were brilliant and that was why I got xbox at all. 

SA doesn't look that good, and I am not buying a new computer/ OS/ phone just for one game. I'll pass thanks.

If you're questioning whether or not I'm thinking about buying "sparten assult", then the answer is no. Spartan Assault, on the other hand, looks like it could be fun. It's a new style of Halo play that I'm not going to judge until I've tried it. Who knows? Maybe when I get my hands on it, I'll be begging for it to be released as a minigame on the next major Halo title. I had great fun with Dead Ops on Call of Duty: Black Ops. It was something a little different that wasn't shoved into my face, telling me over and over again to give it a try.

Of course, I could be wrong about the game being fun. It could make me rage and drift away from the Halo universe, as did Halo 4. I hope that's not the case though - I'm honestly hoping that this cheap "filler" will hype me up for Halo 5, or whatever we're getting next. I'll only be spending somewhere around £5.00, as I've already got the hardware. 

I look forward to a new kind of Halo title that I can play at home, college and work, all for a damn low cost. Bring on Halo: Spartan Assault!

• Like 4

I think most people who are saying it will suck is because they don't have any Windows 8 devices. I luckily got a Windows Phone last year, so it's a good thing I have it :3 How about I let all of you guys who already dislike it know how it is and how it plays when I get it. Why do you all knock it before you have tried it? That's the biggest problem with the gaming community. 

Edited by Forum Dinosaur
  • Like 5

I've got W8 on my laptop so will be getting it, as Forum Dinosaur has mentioned above some of the comments above are hilarious and smack of stupidity, would you be saying those comments if it was coming out on XBL?

That being said its a dumb decision by Microsoft to bring it out on W8 only, will there be a port over to XBL hopefully.

When H:SA releases you will able to control via keyboard, mouse and as Caboose says waving your finger about, with a future update bringing control via a controller plugged into laptop.

Amazing how much negativity comes out when it doesn't go your way?

• Like 4

My main complaint with Halo: Spartan Assault is not what platforms it will be releasing on, or how it comes across as a shameless cash grab, or even how impractical it seems with regards to canon and Spartan Ops - rather, my issue, is how overwhelmingly average it looks, to the extent that, even if the game had literally no other issues, I still wouldn't give it a strong consideration for purchase. Even as some form of 'filler', a niche title to keep me occupied until Halo 5 releases, it doesn't seem particularly alluring. However, I will be keeping a (cautious) eye on this title as it develops. Who knows, it might be nice for a change of pace from this franchise.

In addition, I am concerned about the potential for abuse that micro-transactions could bring. More specifically, to what degree the game can be played and enjoyed without the player being incentivised to purchase additional content. This is Microsoft and Halo we're talking about - the former knows they can use the popularity of the latter to their advantage.

No I am not getting it primarily because I am loyal to Samsung phones but also because I already have good boredom games on my phone(like RISK).  If I am home then I will be playing Xbox if I want to play a game.  So I won't be getting it even if it's an instant success, well made, great playing game.  I hope that it is and that it keeps the spark lit for all the Halo lovers out there until Halo 5 is released.

No I am not getting it primarily because I am loyal to Samsung phones but also because I already have good boredom games on my phone(like RISK).  If I am home then I will be playing Xbox if I want to play a game.  So I won't be getting it even if it's an instant success, well made, great playing game.  I hope that it is and that it keeps the spark lit for all the Halo lovers out there until Halo 5 is released.

yes I agree a Xbox port of Spartan assault  would be great and I am sure 343i would make much more profit off it :thumbsup:

I hate Windows 8 and have no intention of crippling my computer with it, so no. 

By the way, RTS halo games just feel forced and awkward. Halo Wars felt slippery, rushed and patched together, and the plot was boring. 

I see no evidence to suggest that Spartan Assault will be any different. 

For all the people that are saying they aren't spending a pile of money for a new phone just to play this game. That's fine, don't buy the game. However, I got my WP8 device for free, and yes it was a device released at the WP8 launch.

I also don't get how people give MS crap for using a popular brand to help promote some of their products. Its business, every company does it, yet MS always gets ridiculed for doing what everyone else does.

Fans of halo have wanted a mobile halo game for a long while now, and I say that meaning outside of our little world on this site. There is one now, and people still aren't happy, imagine that....

By the way, RTS halo games just feel forced and awkward. Halo Wars felt slippery, rushed and patched together, and the plot was boring. 

It isn't a RTS game it is a top-down shooter. Also I think halo wars was great.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have heard good things about this Game from friends that have it but sadly I got a WP7 on contract will get the game when I get my upgrade. Dont think it will be worth paying for an early upgrade, its a shame they havent put it on the console!

• 2 weeks later...

Spartan Assault isn't an RTS its a top down shooter. Also Windows 8 runs so much faster then Windows 7. It's ok if you can't get ahold of it but chances are that if you have Windows 7 you're crippling your computer more then Windows 8. 

• 1 month later...