What will Halo 5 be about?

Matt 117

What's up guys. I just wanted to start a topic here about the next halo installment. Not quite sure if it is even called halo 5 yet.

I have played all the halo games, and understand the story. I haven't read the books but looked up the plot in them.

Here are some of my questions after halo 4 campaign and spartan ops season 1 and the trailer

1. There is a duplicate of 343 guilty spark that took control of an ONI ship and put the crew in cyrosleep (forgive me if that isn't what it is called). From what I understand, the clone is looking for the Librarian. I played spartan ops, but is she dead, or does Jul M'Dama have her?

2. Will Jul M'Dama even have a role in the next campaign? If so, what? Obviously he has Halsey and all, but what will he do?

3. What will Halsey's role be in the campaign if she has one which I think she will?

4. What will happen since Requiem is gone? Are the prometheans gone too, or are there other shield worlds where they are?

5. What happened to the Didact? I don't think he is dead because when MC put the pulse grenade in him, he didn't disintegrate, so he isn't dead.

6. When I watched the trailer, was chief on the arc or planet reach's moon? I think the arc, but other people say reach's moon.

7. When will the war on Sanghelios end? What will the result be at the end? Will humanity get involved?

8. What will happen with the arbiter and rtas? Will they meet up with chief? Will any of them die?

9. I know this is off and all, but where is the spirit of fire? From what I have read, it is only MIA, but from 2553. Halo 4 was in 2557.

10. The flood. Are they gone for good or are they just dormant somewhere on another planet?

11. Another off one, but the precursors? Are there any left? I know the gravemind said he was the last one, but maybe they are in a different galaxy.

12. The forerunners. Are they all gone? Just like the precursors thing above, are they in another galaxy building up a fleet to go to war with humanity?

13. This is a really off one, but is there another form of humans on another planet?

14. Reach. In the epilogue of reach, there is clearly a ship that landed on reach by noble six's helmet. From what I understand, reach was only two thirds glassed. Will humanity re-expand out to reach?

15. Rings. Will the next installment have anything to do with another ring?

16. The covenant. Will they get any new species maybe? Will any old ones return? Here did the buggers go?

17. Brutes. Will they return?

18. New species. Will there be any new alien races that are not in the covenant or whatever and just start a war with humanity?

I think that is it. Try to answer as many questions as you can.

Thanks

1. There is a duplicate of 343 guilty spark that took control of an ONI ship and put the crew in cyrosleep (forgive me if that isn't what it is called). From what I understand, the clone is looking for the Librarian. I played spartan ops, but is she dead, or does Jul M'Dama have her?

Unknown. There is a possibility that she escaped Requiem in the conflict or had a slipspace 'bubble' similar to Onyx. OR ONIRF Trevlyan.

2. Will Jul M'Dama even have a role in the next campaign? If so, what? Obviously he has Halsey and all, but what will he do?

He most likely will, the Covenant will almost certainly make another appearance in H5, and Halsey being AGAINST the UNSC will be a factor.

3. What will Halsey's role be in the campaign if she has one which I think she will?

Most likely some kind of antagonist. She has half of the Janus key, so I can see a UNSC mission into getting that. However, Chief may also have 'Personal' Reasons to see her.

4. What will happen since Requiem is gone? Are the prometheans gone too, or are there other shield worlds where they are?

I doubt we have seen the last of the Prometheans. They may have been indoctrinated into the Storm, or be at other Forerunner installations. 

5. What happened to the Didact? I don't think he is dead because when MC put the pulse grenade in him, he didn't disintegrate, so he isn't dead.

He fell into a slipspace portal. He is most likely dead though there is a chance the Iso-Didact may return (ANother Didact who fired the Rings)

6. When I watched the trailer, was chief on the arc or planet reach's moon? I think the arc, but other people say reach's moon.

It's The Ark and that is the widely accepted theory; the mountains look similar to Halo 3 and the moon in the background does look like the core. If it took 2 months to build a Ring, it's not unbeievable to believe the Ark has been nearly repaired.

7. When will the war on Sanghelios end? What will the result be at the end? Will humanity get involved?

It ended before Halo 4. The Sangheili Civil War was in 2553, Halo 4 is 2557. Humanity sent the Infinity on a test run to help the Arbiter.

8. What will happen with the arbiter and rtas? Will they meet up with chief? Will any of them die?

I hope they do not, and I doubt they will. Arby and The Chief never really liked each other, just fought together.

9. I know this is off and all, but where is the spirit of fire? From what I have read, it is only MIA, but from 2553. Halo 4 was in 2557.

MIA. It is unkown if 343 ever intend to tell their story or not.

10. The flood. Are they gone for good or are they just dormant somewhere on another planet?

For various reasons, the Big Birdy in the trailer is believed to be Mendicant Bias, who is said to only return with knowledge of how to defeat the flood when it is needed. If he's back, the Flood are.

11. Another off one, but the precursors? Are there any left? I know the gravemind said he was the last one, but maybe they are in a different galaxy.

THe Precursors fled the galaxy, the one who survived the Forerunner's genocide. However (Silentium spoilers)

The remaining Precursors transformed themselves into Flood powder, as a revenge act against the Forerunners. In effect, the Flood are the precursors. If the flood return, yes to the question.

12. The forerunners. Are they all gone? Just like the precursors thing above, are they in another galaxy building up a fleet to go to war with humanity?

There is a possibility that there are still forerunners still out there, on shield worlds, slipspace bubbles etc. This is not out of the question, but unlikely.

13. This is a really off one, but is there another form of humans on another planet?

No. All the ancient humans were composed into Prometheans, the only species that survived is the one that has the UNSC. Us.

14. Reach. In the epilogue of reach, there is clearly a ship that landed on reach by noble six's helmet. From what I understand, reach was only two thirds glassed. Will humanity re-expand out to reach?

Most likely, The UNSC terraformed Reach as early as 2582 and was recolonising. THis is a possibility, though it will not be a major factor for a long time.

I doubt it. Beta, Gamma etc will probably be mentioned but ot would be too much like CE/2 to do again. Best to stick to the plenty of unexplored locations in the Universe for now.

16. The covenant. Will they get any new species maybe? Will any old ones return? Here did the buggers go?

No. The Covenant are a minor player in the story now, the 'Reclaimer' Trilogy is focusing more on the Forerunners. As much as I would love to see this, the Storm, remember, is just a remnant, it has nowhere near the power of the original empire.

Same as above, ther are nearly extinct through war with themselves and other species. They are still around but most likely won't be a major faction.

18. New species. Will there be any new alien races that are not in the covenant or whatever and just start a war with humanity?

Boring, repetitive and unoriginal. Humanity roughly controlled half the galaxy, and the Covenant controlled around most of the other half. I doubt there is any major space-faring species left undiscovered now. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 4

H5 is the darkest of all the games that has come before. In this game the Chief turns on us as he hunts for Halsey, his one goal is to bring her along to find one of cortana's personality spikes that she split off during the last mission in H4. It's in the Didacts armor. What he doesn't want to face is whether it would take halsey's life to bring Cortana back.

He knows this but hopes it won't come to him making that decision.

This is great, nothing like a speculation session.

• Like 3

You said that was mendicant bias? I thought bias was destroyed by offensive bias because mendicant was working for the flood

A fragment of mendicant bias survived on a forerunner warship that was a part of his fleet. I believe that the covenant did find the fragment, and used it as some type of energy source. It is still possible that mendicant bias can return as a threat

H5 is the darkest of all the games that has come before. In this game the Chief turns on us as he hunts for Halsey, his one goal is to bring her along to find one of cortana's personality spikes that she split off during the last mission in H4. It's in the Didacts armor. What he doesn't want to face is whether it would take halsey's life to bring Cortana back.

He knows this but hopes it won't come to him making that decision.

This is great, nothing like a speculation session.

This was interesting to read. I haven't seen anything that speculates a plot like this before

Edited by Victory Element

I honestly thought when I looked up what mendicant bias was, that it said it worked with the flood. I don't know. I THINK that's what it said

Yes, mendicant bias did work with the flood. He was originally a forerunner AI, but he was corrupted by a gravemind and he changed sides. He took the warships of his entire forerunner fleet and used them as an offensive force against the forerunners. He provided the flood with all strategic knowledge that he had from the forerunners, and he was able to use organized military tactics to direct powerful flood assaults

Mendicant Bias was in the Forerunner Warship at the heart of High Charity. When The Covenant found humanity, Bias attempted to launch the warship from the station to apologise to the reclaimers. He was disconnected by Huragok and Lekgolo before it did any damage.

Once Mendicant was detained, he was "reprogramed" with only one thought process: atonement. This basically voided out his rampancy, although it has been said that Mendicant Bias's level of A.I. has the ability to descend from rampancy on it's own.

I think the giant Forerunner bird in the Halo on Xbox One trailer is guarding his cryptum (or whatever they locked him away in).

Once Mendicant was detained, he was "reprogramed" with only one thought process: atonement. This basically voided out his rampancy, although it has been said that Mendicant Bias's level of A.I. has the ability to descend from rampancy on it's own.

I think the giant Forerunner bird in the Halo on Xbox One trailer is guarding his cryptum (or whatever they locked him away in).

I don't think the Didact will appear in Halo 5, unless if it's at the end to make an epic cliffhanger like Halo 2 did.

Personally, I think either Mendicant Bias will be there or Defensive Bias.

If Mendicant bias appears, there is a chance he will help the chief or try to kill him.

On the other hand, if it's Defensive Bias, he'll try to kill the chief. Also, if Defensive Bias is there, that means The Ark will be making a return.

Don't go off the trailor, none of the previous trailors held much infomation to glean off. The chief wearing a cloak looks like it is just for effect as well as the sphynx. In fact the whole trailor looks like a blind and a first look at what you will have to face, that's all.

Unknown. There is a possibility that she escaped Requiem in the conflict or had a slipspace 'bubble' similar to Onyx. OR ONIRF Trevlyan.

He most likely will, the Covenant will almost certainly make another appearance in H5, and Halsey being AGAINST the UNSC will be a factor.

Most likely some kind of antagonist. She has half of the Janus key, so I can see a UNSC mission into getting that. However, Chief may also have 'Personal' Reasons to see her.

I doubt we have seen the last of the Prometheans. They may have been indoctrinated into the Storm, or be at other Forerunner installations. 

He fell into a slipspace portal. He is most likely dead though there is a chance the Iso-Didact may return (ANother Didact who fired the Rings)

It's The Ark and that is the widely accepted theory; the mountains look similar to Halo 3 and the moon in the background does look like the core. If it took 2 months to build a Ring, it's not unbeievable to believe the Ark has been nearly repaired.

It ended before Halo 4. The Sangheili Civil War was in 2553, Halo 4 is 2557. Humanity sent the Infinity on a test run to help the Arbiter.

I hope they do not, and I doubt they will. Arby and The Chief never really liked each other, just fought together.

MIA. It is unkown if 343 ever intend to tell their story or not.

For various reasons, the Big Birdy in the trailer is believed to be Mendicant Bias, who is said to only return with knowledge of how to defeat the flood when it is needed. If he's back, the Flood are.

THe Precursors fled the galaxy, the one who survived the Forerunner's genocide. However (Silentium spoilers)

The remaining Precursors transformed themselves into Flood powder, as a revenge act against the Forerunners. In effect, the Flood are the precursors. If the flood return, yes to the question.

There is a possibility that there are still forerunners still out there, on shield worlds, slipspace bubbles etc. This is not out of the question, but unlikely.

No. All the ancient humans were composed into Prometheans, the only species that survived is the one that has the UNSC. Us.

Most likely, The UNSC terraformed Reach as early as 2582 and was recolonising. THis is a possibility, though it will not be a major factor for a long time.

I doubt it. Beta, Gamma etc will probably be mentioned but ot would be too much like CE/2 to do again. Best to stick to the plenty of unexplored locations in the Universe for now.

No. The Covenant are a minor player in the story now, the 'Reclaimer' Trilogy is focusing more on the Forerunners. As much as I would love to see this, the Storm, remember, is just a remnant, it has nowhere near the power of the original empire.

Same as above, ther are nearly extinct through war with themselves and other species. They are still around but most likely won't be a major faction.

Boring, repetitive and unoriginal. Humanity roughly controlled half the galaxy, and the Covenant controlled around most of the other half. I doubt there is any major space-faring species left undiscovered now. 

Hope this helps!

I don't mean to incite conflict, but for being a Lore Master, some of your responses are troubling.

1. The Librarian we see in Halo 4 is not actually her. It is simply an imprint of her placed on Requiem a few weeks before the Halo Array was fired. She is confirmed to be dead after being stranded on Earth nearby Mt. Killamanjaro.

2. I think you mistake Halsey's intentions. The UNSC is a very broad branch that has lots of sub-branches under it. One of those branches being ONI. The fact that the Librarian's Imprint gave her the Janus key implies Halsey is still on Humanity's side and is, in reality, abusing Jul 'Mdama to achieve her own goals.

3. Not likely. Some characters in the game will obviosuly portray her as an antagonist, but as I said above, she is most likely going after ONI.

4. I don't think Mechanical Prometheans can be Indoctrinated at all. They hold their allegiance to the Didact or another high ranking Promethean. Last we know, the Didact gave Jul some jurisdiction over Requiem as he had the ability to extensivily use its Slipspace Grid, activate high level Forerunner operations, and summon Knights to protect him. 

5. He is most likely still alive. 343i heavily hinted that he survived in the Halo 4 Visual Guide, and common sense in regards to the plot indicates he survived. 343i heavily emphasised the fact he is the Chief's first true nemesis. An arch enemy. It seems odd that nemesis would die in the first installmant of the trilogy.

8. They respected each other actually. Or atleast the Arbiter did. 

11. Precursors still exist in their past form. It's assumed there are still dormant Primordials outside the Galaxy.

13. This is incredibly false. A large majority of us that survived the Flood were Composed yes, but there were still surviving members of most of our sub-species. Natural Evolution back on Earth determined which species of Human survived. We prevailed. 

15. Actually, Installation 07 has some very interesting room for exploration. A ring shrouded in mist and clouds, with terrible crimes commited by Forerunners, and Flood. It sounds like the perfect place for a Halo game to go to. Obviously that's fan speculation, but the huge tease we got in Halo 4 about going down to another Halo makes me think we'll visit another.

17. It's unlikely they are extinct yet. It was assumed the Elite Crusades against the Brutes started immediately after the Covenant War ended, but sources are now indicating the crusades begin around 2559.

18. This is incredibly false. I don't think you grasp the scope of the Galaxy. You may find it hard to believe, but all of the Covenant War was fought in a section of the Orion Arm. With exclusion to the Ark Conflict. Silentium revealed the incredibly abundancy of life in the Halo Universe. We even see there are other Space Faring Races that were possibly Tier 3 long before the Covenant arose. 60,000 years in fact IIRC.

Huh. I saw a picture of the galaxy and where all rhe systems were and labeled. Saud what I saw.

Anyway, that's what I grasped from reading, though I do air my knowledge of the Firerunners is worse than most other things.

I recall that image too. It was a fan interpretation. The biggest fan of the Halo Lore ever works very closely with 343i on certain things that happen. He's an advisor of sorts. I got to see his map of UNSC space. 

It wasn't complete, but the furthest colony he got to was Arcadia. Interesting enough, I had always assumed that Harvest was the furthest colony despite its actual star system location. According to him, Bungie and 343i use the actual star locations. That means Harvest is only 11 Lightyears from Earth. 

If you'd like to ask him questions or check his credibility, he goes by the username of ScaleMaster117.

The Haloverse has gone to hell so, in 7 years the Unsc would not have recovered much. You have ex-covenant refugees on earth and ad hoc colonies that don't recognize earth as their center and a broken up covenant empire that is ripping itself to pieces. the races are at each others throat with Oni agents out there edging factions against each other to keep them concentrated on themselves rather than looking at earth, it's gone to Hell. The fleet is decimated and we have only one Supership and a few S4's, not much when youy look at it so, H5's timeline would be better placed at least 4 years after the UrDidacts attack?

I think it's time to get some real designers to look at what shape would be optimal for a warship that has to operate way out beyond the orion arm, even intergalactic. In space, long and rectangle just leaves you vulnerable to concetrated point attacks, if an attacker overwhelms your shields you still need a heavy point defense shield with primary and secondaries for ship to ship engagement. The classic rectangle is a joke and has been since they opted to follow in the wake of the Sulaco and babylon designs. They have forerunner tech now, they can redesign like what we have been doing with our units it's just we are constricted by our current level of technology and environmental restrictions. In space, there is none.

• 3 months later...

Don't go off the trailor, none of the previous trailors held much infomation to glean off. The chief wearing a cloak looks like it is just for effect as well as the sphynx. In fact the whole trailor looks like a blind and a first look at what you will have to face, that's all.

It's not a trailer, it is a teaser. For past Halo games they have hid a lot of information into just a minute of video.

Of course they sometimes twist what actually happens, but you can still make a decent guess about what is happening.

Going off other evidence about war sphinxes, I don't believe it is a war sphinx. There is a description of one in Cryptum, and concept art of one from Halo 4, neither of which are described as being hundreds of feet tall. The size strikes me as a sign of importance. There was a picture some time ago that showed that the landscape was very similar to the ark from Halo 3.

Now if the forerunner thing is important and it is on the ark I think that the owl thing is Mendicant Bias' 'shell' or its protection.

If the thing is supposed to be an owl, then it is most likely done on purpose, possibly representing wisdom.

Just for comparison  

great-gray-owl_pouncing.jpg?m=1292890047

Screen-shot-2013-06-10-at-2.20.33-PM.png

Edited by WonderWombat

• 3 weeks later...

It's not a trailer, it is a teaser. For past Halo games they have hid a lot of information into just a minute of video.

Of course they sometimes twist what actually happens, but you can still make a decent guess about what is happening.

Going off other evidence about war sphinxes, I don't believe it is a war sphinx. There is a description of one in Cryptum, and concept art of one from Halo 4, neither of which are described as being hundreds of feet tall. The size strikes me as a sign of importance. There was a picture some time ago that showed that the landscape was very similar to the ark from Halo 3.

Now if the forerunner thing is important and it is on the ark I think that the owl thing is Mendicant Bias' 'shell' or its protection.

If the thing is supposed to be an owl, then it is most likely done on purpose, possibly representing wisdom.

Just for comparison  

great-gray-owl_pouncing.jpg?m=1292890047

Screen-shot-2013-06-10-at-2.20.33-PM.png

Even if you want to cast all ideas aside, just the fact that it rises out of the ground is enough to tell you something or someone isn't going to stay dead/buried or hidden for long.