ODST Helmet, what it should look like

I looked at the champions bundle and was very grateful for it, but one thing was kinda disappointing. ODST helmet looked pretty weird.

This is how it should look.

This version sticks to the original design of the armor in a more 'Halo 4' version of it,

the ODST that was showed in the trailer is hardly recognizable to the original,

People wore it in previous Halo's because they liked the way it looked, might as well not change the way it looks.

343... some advice, in my opinion... when you return armor from previous Halo's don't change them dramatically, I mean; you already ruined Recon (in my opinion) and most of the returning armors, don't ruin ODST too.

I'm still grateful for the bundle, but please... take this into consideration.

-Sir. R

halo_4__odst_helmet_by_tekka_croe-d5kz3i

Blarg.

The textures on that armor pack picture look even more fake than the other Halo 4 armor. Halo 2 had better textures than Halo 4's MP armor, though, so I guess it doesn't make much of a difference.

But what's with the weird proportions on the widths of the body parts?

• Like 1

It's cool that you found the pictures, but those are drawing, not the real thing.

I do not mean to be offensive when saying that.

Its not the armor variants in game, It is infact a concept, But from watching the video a few times to look it over, This is definantly what it looks like. For example Ill post concept are under this.post-71054-0-38024300-1373456857_thumb.jpg As you see its a drawing, But its how the armor turned out to look like.

Its not the armor variants in game, It is infact a concept, But from watching the video a few times to look it over, This is definantly what it looks like. For example Ill post concept are under this.attachicon.gifMark VI Concept.jpg As you see its a drawing, But its how the armor turned out to look like.

Scratch that, The point Im phrasing, Is that 343 makes in-game 3D models like that, And thats how they are made to like that, They can either keep the model or have it drawn out. But for it to be drawn out, They need a model of the armor. And honestly as BaconShelf said, We had only a few glances, So it could be a test model, or it can just be the finished model. Either way, We have something to start with.

• Like 1

Its not the armor variants in game, It is infact a concept, But from watching the video a few times to look it over, This is definantly what it looks like. For example Ill post concept are under this.attachicon.gifMark VI Concept.jpg As you see its a drawing, But its how the armor turned out to look like.

Scratch that, The point Im phrasing, Is that 343 makes in-game 3D models like that, And thats how they are made to like that, They can either keep the model or have it drawn out. But for it to be drawn out, They need a model of the armor. And honestly as BaconShelf said, We had only a few glances, So it could be a test model, or it can just be the finished model. Either way, We have something to start with.

Then again, if you actually go back into the trailer, the torso armor looked a lot bulkier the shoulder armor looked smaller, and the helmet had some weird upper plate by the mouth unlike the drawing. So I do think the drawing for ODST is not too exact.

The same thing with the Recruit Prime skin armor though. If you put on the same armor with the same colors, they look way different, the prime skin drawing actually looked cool unlike the in-game skin.

But still, you are right in a sense, we barley saw it at a good enough angle, we'll see it better in the future.

• Like 1

Then again, if you actually go back into the trailer, the torso armor looked a lot bulkier the shoulder armor looked smaller, and the helmet had some weird upper plate by the mouth unlike the drawing. So I do think the drawing for ODST is not too exact.

The same thing with the Recruit Prime skin armor though. If you put on the same armor with the same colors, they look way different, the prime skin drawing actually looked cool unlike the in-game skin.

But still, you are right in a sense, we barley saw it at a good enough angle, we'll see it better in the future.

All we can really do is put some hope into the project and hope 343 does their best to give the community back  some things they really liked.

All we can really do is put some hope into the project and hope 343 does their best to give the community back  some things they really liked.

I put a lot of hope into 343 that they would make custom games and Forge way better than it was in Reach, but they actually made it worse... way, way, worse.

• Like 1

Its still a work-in-progress but as far as I can tell, the ODST armor visor seems a bit too fat.

Lol, Yeah, I really think who ever made this Halo 4 ODST helmet concept that I originally put on really made it look perfect for Halo 4. I would wear it all the time if it was like that.

I know it looks different, but I'm actually liking the new look. What the armor has that other armor doesn't is a Cod-piece with presumably a Pouch attached + A big Backpack. The new MK. V armor also retains it's old Cod-piece, unlike MK. VI which doesn't have it.

D0ReRVM.png

I can see how people would react to the new ODST, but at least I'm supportive of the new look.  :turned: