Ranking

I did NOT enjoy Halo 3 Ranking. I think it should be similar but not the same. Nowhere near as many people play team slayer over social, because it was FAAAAAAAR easier to just play social and get a quick match instead of seaching for 11 minutes in Team Slayer.

• 4 months later...

i do prefer the halo reach ranking system over the halo 4 ranking system but i just want them to lower it since it is alot of credits to get from field marshal to hero and hero to legend will be even higher and will continue up but halo 4 had a fixed experience needed to level up and i did like that

i do prefer the halo reach ranking system over the halo 4 ranking system but i just want them to lower it since it is alot of credits to get from field marshal to hero and hero to legend will be even higher and will continue up but halo 4 had a fixed experience needed to level up and i did like that

Halo 4s was wayyyyy to short I finished it in just maybe 2 months of playing it that was to short we need long ranking systems back like Halo Reach and halo 3 the longer the system the longer you play. :)

Despite how people claim that Halo 3's system was broken (I never saw a broken system out of thousands of games and long hours spent), Halo 3 had the right idea with the ranking system and playlist.

Have an XP rank for the player's career, and a 1-50 system on playlist ranks. Separate the playlists into social and ranked. Problem solved.

• 3 weeks later...

the way ranking in halo is sort of broken cos in reach to get to the highest rank is just absolutely ridiculous cos from reclaimer to inheritor is 20mil credits and you get about 1k-2.5k a game but halo 4 is a set at a certain ammount of xp and you get about 2k-5.5k xp a game

I think they should both have a visual rank and also a skill based rank.

Like the Halo 3 one, where no matter how much you played Social, to get a higher rank you needed to play ranked.

Pretty much this, I want to see the Halo 3 ranking system but maybe with slightly remade ranking symbols. It would also be cool if you could apply you rank onto your armour, that would be cool!

Halo 4's ranking system was WAY too short. Especially with most of it being a fixed amount (50-130). Got through it in a few weeks. Halo 3 system was WAY better to me. Wins determine your rank, losses don't count. I would love it if they changed it back to the old ways... 

Agreed. Halo 4's ranking system was quite boring too. Ranks are always the way to go, not numbers... unless it's the skill level on Halo 3 then that's really the best way to use numbers.

I personally don't care about ranks. But it would be nice if we saw a skill-based rank. Some people say "OMG We got an Inheritor in the other team, we're screwed" thinking that those ranks mean skill. They don't. Ranks mean nothing unless they're skill-based.

This. Ranks are quite pointless without skill levels. I mean in Reach you could quite easily boost if you knew what to do and Halo 4 was basically the same except with numbers. Hopefully 343i look at this and bring back the classic rank and skill level system.

• Like 1

This. Ranks are quite pointless without skill levels. I mean in Reach you could quite easily boost if you knew what to do and Halo 4 was basically the same except with numbers. Hopefully 343i look at this and bring back the classic rank and skill level system.

Well, seeing as skill-based Ranking is a very popular feature in Halo 3, I can't see it going away forever. They implemented CSR into Halo 4. Sure, it existed only on Waypoint but it's a start. It shows that 343 are aware that people want a skill-based ranking system, and it's quite likely that they'll include it in Halo Xbox One :)

• Like 1

Well, seeing as skill-based Ranking is a very popular feature in Halo 3, I can't see it going away forever. They implemented CSR into Halo 4. Sure, it existed only on Waypoint but it's a start. It shows that 343 are aware that people want a skill-based ranking system, and it's quite likely that they'll include it in Halo Xbox One :)

Yeah, exactly. But, we can only hope but I have faith in 343i. ^_^

• Like 1

• 1 month later...