tszb.jpg

Red Base (Main Entrance)

eesi.jpg

Red Base (rear)

bccm.jpg

Yellow Tunnel

h9wb.jpg

Download it here.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Let me know how you like the map. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

ticu.jpg<<<<<<<<<<Dont forget to download :)

• Like 1

It looks awesome. The overbearing green in the map kind of threw me off given the title, maybe stick with more red yellow orange. But that's not a big deal. There are a couple long sightlines that can actually enhance gameplay for certain player, but can also destroy it for others. (The last picture demonstrates most of them.) You did a good job balancing your risk and reward and that was greatly appreciated. Overall it was very enjoyable. :clap:

• Like 1

It looks awesome. The overbearing green in the map kind of threw me off given the title, maybe stick with more red yellow orange. But that's not a big deal. There are a couple long sightlines that can actually enhance gameplay for certain player, but can also destroy it for others. (The last picture demonstrates most of them.) You did a good job balancing your risk and reward and that was greatly appreciated. Overall it was very enjoyable. :clap:

Thanks for the feedback. I needed to add colors for callouts and if I only used those three, it wouldn't work right. I couldn't use red for bridge (only color that would look right, orange too pastel like) because that is an intermediate zone and I already have blue and red in their respective corners. The green fits pretty good though. Honestly I didn't even really take that into consideration this time. I only had callouts in mind.  Anyway, I added a little cover and some more spawns. I also fixed the trait zone at the lift and removed the one way  shield so you can nade up the lift now. Keep the feedback coming, this is a good weekend for me to spend some time fixing what needs it.

Ok, I flew through this in Forge for a while, and have a few things to note. While this map definitely shows promise, it's gonna need a LOT of changes. Don't freak out though, most of it's fairly minor stuff ;P

Now, on to the first, and probably biggest thing: piece usage. There are MANY areas that you can either save pieces on, have better and cleaner looking pieces, or don't need pieces at all. A big one is the flooring. A lot of the lower floors could be taken out in favor of the natural Forge Island ground. This would save pieces, and look a lot better. The most notable areas this could be done are under Gold, and between Green and Purple.

Alright, on to individual areas...

BLUE: This is probably my favorite area of the map and needs the least work. The only thing I can say is try different doors (ones where you don't hit your head when jumping) and maybe find something cleaner to replace the 3X3 Talls for flooring. Other than that, looking good. Nice rocks :)

GREEN: This area also feels pretty good, EXCEPT the cover. Get rid of all the cover and tiny rails on top of Green. This will make the area much less campable and much harder to control, giving movement to other areas of the map.

PURPLE: Purple is very interesting, and I like the concept a lot. I just think it could be fleshed out a little more. First, get rid of the glass and artifact base in the basement. Just no ;P

Also, try making some easier way up from the side facing Green. It would help the flow of the map.

RED: Red was honestly a little disappointing, but it can be saved. I say redesign Red to be less claustrophobic, and have less weird angles (like the ramp leading to Purple. Also, turn it into it's own structure with a ceiling and everything, like Blue. This would add segmentation in the map and cut down some long sightlines across the map.

GOLD: Very similar problems to Red. VERY claustrophobic and open to long sightlines. Try redesigning Gold to have more dancefloor, and possibly a back route leading toward Blue. Also, try making the platform sticking out bigger, and give it some walls. Again, this will help break up sightlines. Do the same thing with the rock in front of it. Oh, and those Braces. Flip them around. Nuf' said.

Nitty Gritty Stuff: The spawns, weapons, and kill boundaries on the map all need a lot of work. The weapons seem randomly placed and are odd choices, for both the map itself and their individual placement. The spawns are also seemingly random, and there's a LOT of them. Try small groups of spawns (usually pairs) in a few safe locations around the map that are easily recognizable and point toward obvious paths. And kill boundaries. You need some hard kills on the border of the map, otherwise people will just fly out of the map and have a sniper-fest out on the island.

So, overall it's a very interesting concept, one I'd like to see polished and refined some. If you need help with any of these changes or want to talk to me directly about any of this, shoot me a message on XBL and we can go through the map in person, er.... game.

Laterz!

• Like 2

Much better looking now. I think the spawns could still use some work though ;P

I added respawn zones for flag and away zones. I think I tucked away the regular respawn points away as best I could. I didn't notice any problems while playing on it, but if you did, let me know. I could use some help with this if I do have a problem bc I'm not sure what else I can do.

Guest Psychoduck

Thanks for helping out so much Squally.  i'll be taking a look at this one soon.  I'm incredibly busy, so bear with me, but I'll get to it.

• Like 1

Ill be testing this map this afternoon along with another I've been working on called Turbulence. I might need more testers for our TCOJ group so if any friends are online around 4:30 PST, that will be the time to join. I will run a KOTH round with the group and will be interested in testing it some more after the usual group ends as I only get two turns. If anyone wants in, send me a FR and I will invite you if I see you on Halo 4 at the time. Aside from that, if anyone has noticed any problems or areas that need cleaning up, please let me know.