Possible Events to Happen in Upcoming Halo Games. Based off of Books!

SMITEM1

This will have accurate guesses for the upcoming Halo games. I based these theories off of the books I have read which indeed will contain spoilers.

Books I have read - Halo: Glasslands, Halo: The Thursday War, and other Halo insights

I will begin to discuss the manner of ONI's plan for the planet, Sanghelios, home of the Sangheili (aka Elites). In the book, Halo: Glasslands, Jul 'Mdama (the head of the Covenant fleet in Halo 4) sets off to find what his partner 'Telcam is up to, for 'Telcam was acting suspicious. Jul and 'Telcam are both planning to overthrow the Arbiter and 'Telcam is to take his place as leader. So, when 'Telcam leaves, Jul follows him then to discover 'Telcam is recieving human aid against the Arbiter. I'll explain later why humans are doing this. Anyway, Jul is caught, but not by 'Telcam, however by a spartan. Jul is then taken prisoner by humans. 'Telcam doesn't know about this, nor did he know he was followed by Jul in the first place. This eventually leads to the next book, "The Thursday War." While Jul is imprisoned, which was at ONIRF Trevelyan (aka Onyx), he was tested on (via food) to see how he reacts to certain chemicals and so. Basically being poisoned. Eventually, Humans tell Jul what their plan is. To poison the food supply of the planet Sanghelios. To basically torture Jul, making him feel hopeless. Eventually he escapes through a portal (humans let him wander outside in Onyx, for they didn't know there were portals), where it drops him on Sanghelios. There, he appeared in thin air, and a few Sangheili had seen this. There was actually a 'prophecy' to find the Didact that these Elites knew of, and Jul matched it. Jul then also finds out that his wife died during the Civil War. Thus Jul (he doesn't believe in the gods anymore) uses this prophecy and gods to create a fleet against the humans, for vengance of his wife and to stop the human domination.

Basically, ONI is wanting the Elites to kill themselves out via Civil War. To weaken themselves, and then ONI would poison the food supply. This would kill off nearly all of the Sangheili (Plan proven in books!). The ones who survive would be weak, and most likely their reproductive systems would be damaged. Thus completely wiping out the Sangheili race. If Chief does find out their plan, and the plan to kill Catherine Halsey (she was like a mother to John), he may go rogue. Also Cortana's death may factor.

Now, there was actually a race before the Forerunners, called the Precursors. The Forerunners killed them off, supposidely, but the Precursors created the Flood. They seem to be very important in this manner. Possibly, the Precursors will return, maybe they all weren't dead. If so, this would be too much for humanity to handle. And if they kill off the Elites, they got rid of their best line of defence.

Now to ONIRF Trevelyan (Onyx). Onyx is a shield world that is a shelter from the Halo Rings... Hmm.... Which was in the book Glasslands and The Thursday War, which they make it seem to be very important, very. Quite possibly, this is a huge theory, this will factor in another Halo launch. The books kinda seemed to foreshadow something, but it's unclear. Possibly, the Precursors, if they come back, and the flood will be so powerful maybe a Halo launch will be humanities last resort? Chief would probably factor in big time. Maybe the gift the Librarian gave Chief was to survive the Halo Array, for he survived the Composer. He might only be the one who can fire the rings, possibly if this were to happen. So then humans/other races will try to get to Onyx, and maybe not all life will make it to Onyx, maybe most life will be wiped out from the Halo's. I'm sure this will become pretty dark if they do this. The Halo's however will have to come into play again.

What do you think of this theory? Give me your thoughts!

Edited by SMITEM1
  • Like 1

Well, you did seem to have some good speculations, but they were thrown around with no order or connections between your ideas. I wouldn't quite call this an analysis of the plot, because it is just some factors that will come into play in the future. 

Anyways, it does seem logical that ONI would be trying to greatly weaken the elites. The elites were the largest threat to humans in the human-covenant war and they served as military leaders for the covenant. They basically held the covenant together until they were later replaced by the brutes. ONI most likely doesn't want another religious war to occur from some radical elites trying to build up another army with goal of wiping out humanity. 

ONI doesn't seem to trust the Sangheili, even if many of them do not want to fight the humans any more. They fear that another war will break out in the future and that elites will most likely be the cause of it. Now that humanity has the Infinity, Spartan IVs, and some new forerunner tech, they appear to be the more dominant race, because the elites have their own internal conflict. Humans will most likely go on a "power trip" and try to display the superiority that they gained. The actions of ONI in the future could play into the rumors that halo 5 will be the "darkest" halo yet

On another note, the precursors are most likely alive. Many of them were killed off in a ruthless rebellion by the forerunners, but others fled the galaxy to find safety. It is very likely that they have rebuilt their population in an alternate galaxy, and may choose to return at any point in time. I am not sure what their motives would be though, if they were to come back. Because they wanted humanity to inherit the Mantle from them, they may return to ensure that humanity has completed their obligations or something of that matter. Or, they may come to reclaim the Mantle that was once theirs

The precursors did also create the flood as a punishment for the forerunners. Not all of the halo rings have even been encountered yet, so the flood will likely be contained on all of those facilities. The flood was not completely defeated in the events of halo 3. This will probably be an important factor in making this the "darkest" halo game

and for the last part of your speculations, wasn't onyx destroyed?? I thought i remember reading that a team of spartans set of nuclear warheads in the core of the shield world

Edited by Victory Element
  • Like 1

and for the last part of your speculations, wasn't onyx destroyed?? I thought i remember reading that a team of spartans set of nuclear warheads in the core of the shield world

No, at least that wasn't in the books at all. However, Requiem was, and some other shield world was also destroyed but I don't remember how. Onyx is the only last known shield world, and Humans are using it as a base. I agree they weren't really connected, but they could help factor into other events. I am hoping people could use these ideas and see what they can come up with and tie them together. Thanks for your feedback!

Edited by SMITEM1
  • Like 1

No, at least that wasn't in the books at all. However, Requiem was, and some other shield world was also destroyed but I don't remember how. Onyx is the only last known shield world, and Humans are using it as a base. I agree they weren't really connected, but they could help factor into other events. I am hoping people could use these ideas and see what they can come up with and tie them together. Thanks for your feedback!

i just did a little research and it says that the planet onyx was destroyed, but the shield world inside of the planet survived the nuclear warheads. The shield world is now an ONI research facility known as Trevelyan

source:

http://www.halopedia.org/Onyx

i just did a little research and it says that the planet onyx was destroyed, but the shield world inside of the planet survived the nuclear warheads. The shield world is now an ONI research facility known as Trevelyan

source:

http://www.halopedia.org/Onyx

Thanks for sharing! This makes much more sense now.

• Like 1

What both of you are forgetting is that the Flood is/are the Precursors. Once a certain amount of Flood-infected hosts acquire a certain mass, it becomes a Gravemind, which has the hivemind capabilities of controlling all other Flood. Telekinesis allows one single thought process throughout multiple forms. Some Graveminds are young and small, where others are quite the opposite.

This is why a number of human scientists committed suicide after what The Timeless One / The Primordial told them. It takes milenna for the Flood to evolve back into a Precursor.

What both of you are forgetting is that the Flood is/are the Precursors. Once a certain amount of Flood-infected hosts acquire a certain mass, it becomes a Gravemind, which has the hivemind capabilities of controlling all other Flood. Telekinesis allows one single thought process throughout multiple forms. Some Graveminds are young and small, where others are quite the opposite.

This is why a number of human scientists committed suicide after what The Timeless One / The Primordial told them. It takes milenna for the Flood to evolve back into a Precursor.

This is not completely accurate from what i have read. The precursors attempted to turned themselves into powder, so that they could preserve their race and return at some point in the future. Because the powder had sat dormant for so long, time had rendered it ineffective for its original purpose. Eventually, ancient humans discovered the powder in the ruins of a precursor ship and began to experiment with it. They began testing the powder as a food source for some small animals, and those animals eventually became extremely deformed and aggressive. Humans even began to experiment with the powder on themselves, and the effects were disturbing. Humans began to go insane and they became cannibalistic. It is described that they force fed uninfected humans to "fatten them up" before the devoured their bodies as a feast. These strange mutations eventually evolved into what we know as the flood

The powder form was originally created to save the precursors from extinction, but it had become so old that it was defective. With their "new" form, the precursors sought to bring agony to all life, in order to avenge the sudden betrayal of the precursors. 

In conclusion, the flood is the precursors, but not at their original form. Precursors were not parasitic originally, nor did they communicate using graveminds and telepathy. So the flood is technically a "precursor gone wrong", or more simply, a mistake

• Like 2

This is not completely accurate from what i have read. The precursors attempted to turned themselves into powder, so that they could preserve their race and return at some point in the future. Because the powder had sat dormant for so long, time had rendered it ineffective for its original purpose. Eventually, ancient humans discovered the powder in the ruins of a precursor ship and began to experiment with it. They began testing the powder as a food source for some small animals, and those animals eventually became extremely deformed and aggressive. Humans even began to experiment with the powder on themselves, and the effects were disturbing. Humans began to go insane and they became cannibalistic. It is described that they force fed uninfected humans to "fatten them up" before the devoured their bodies as a feast. These strange mutations eventually evolved into what we know as the flood

The powder form was originally created to save the precursors from extinction, but it had become so old that it was defective. With their "new" form, the precursors sought to bring agony to all life, in order to avenge the sudden betrayal of the precursors. 

In conclusion, the flood is the precursors, but not at their original form. Precursors were not parasitic originally, nor did they communicate using graveminds and telepathy. So the flood is technically a "precursor gone wrong", or more simply, a mistake

Thank you for the correction; you understand the gist of what I was trying to convey. Now in the post-Silentium world, I'd like to refer to The Flood and Precursors as one entity, simply split by eons. I.E. We were ignorant before, unknowing that The Flood has naturalistically evolved from the remnants of Precursors (and powders which caused insanity/cannibalism), but now we know, both in the canon of the books and in our real life knowledge of what The Flood is.

Although The Flood's origin is merely a side story to what we're talking about in this thread, I definitely believe they'll reappear in Halo 5, and that Mendicant Bias will possibly be at the helm. I believe in the "Halo on Xbox One" teaser, that that Forerunner tech is either an outdated merged War Sphinx, or a newer Seeker, which is guarding Mendicant's exile.

Do you think these predictions are semi-accurate, Victory Element?

• Like 1

Thank you for the correction; you understand the gist of what I was trying to convey. Now in the post-Silentium world, I'd like to refer to The Flood and Precursors as one entity, simply split by eons. I.E. We were ignorant before, unknowing that The Flood has naturalistically evolved from the remnants of Precursors (and powders which caused insanity/cannibalism), but now we know, both in the canon of the books and in our real life knowledge of what The Flood is.

Although The Flood's origin is merely a side story to what we're talking about in this thread, I definitely believe they'll reappear in Halo 5, and that Mendicant Bias will possibly be at the helm. I believe in the "Halo on Xbox One" teaser, that that Forerunner tech is either an outdated merged War Sphinx, or a newer Seeker, which is guarding Mendicant's exile.

Do you think these predictions are semi-accurate, Victory Element?

They will surely return at some point in the reclaimer saga. The flood is most likely in containment units on each of the halo rings, and numerous rings have not been affected by the war yet. Some pea-brain grunts will probably pop the lid on a flood container and lead an entire ring to be under flood control. Mendicant Bias was also not completely destroyed in the events of the forerunner saga, and he would be an extremely valuable asset to the flood. He will surely have knowledge of numerous forerunner artifacts that the flood could use to their advantage in combat too

• Like 1