343, put a boat in the game before it's too late

Corslazar

Am I the only one who thinks they should put some sort of boat or at least an amphibious vehicle? I mean come on! Spartans can't swim and having the ability to fight from the water can add a new type of gameplay to the series. Just imagine naval battles or bombing a shore from a boat!

I would love to see boats. It wouldn't have to be that hard or make tones of them. Just make a elephant like one, a covenant themed large one, a small unsc one similar to a warthog, and a covenant one similar to a revenant. 

Maybe hey wouldn't be amphibious, but at least able to go into survivable shallow water.

I've always thought that different armour pieces should give the wearer different stats for each area. For example, Defender armour should increase defense in areas where one has Defender armour equipped. Oceanic armour should allow players to swim.

I've always thought that different armour pieces should give the wearer different stats for each area. For example, Defender armour should increase defense in areas where one has Defender armour equipped. Oceanic armour should allow players to swim.

We already have specializations for that, and people seem to be complaining that it is too similar to Cod. 

We already have specializations for that, and people seem to be complaining that it is too similar to Cod. 

Yes and no. Specializations do give players a boost in certain regards, but you have to sacrifice a different support upgrade in order to reap the benefits. I've finished the Rogue, Wetwork, Pioneer, and Pathfinder specializations, but I'm not stealthy nor a steadier shot or a rapidly-leveling up player.

What I'm talking about is the armour itself giving you a boost, such as the Defender torso piece giving you a slight defense boost to your chest and back or Aviator pieces making you lighter and letting you jump slightly higher or take less fall damage. Instead of Oceanic pieces being just for aesthetic purposes, let a person swim with them or at least walk underwater to a certain depth.

• 1 month later...

It's a very good idea because,in the future,all armors should have the ability to swim,but you could put water vehicles to have weapons in water ,because, when you swim as a Spartan,in the next game,they could put that Spartans in water can only swim and not shoot weapons,but if you got into a boat,you could shoot and personalize the boat with turrets, more armor...

Yes and no. Specializations do give players a boost in certain regards, but you have to sacrifice a different support upgrade in order to reap the benefits. I've finished the Rogue, Wetwork, Pioneer, and Pathfinder specializations, but I'm not stealthy nor a steadier shot or a rapidly-leveling up player.

What I'm talking about is the armour itself giving you a boost, such as the Defender torso piece giving you a slight defense boost to your chest and back or Aviator pieces making you lighter and letting you jump slightly higher or take less fall damage. Instead of Oceanic pieces being just for aesthetic purposes, let a person swim with them or at least walk underwater to a certain depth.

I don't like this idea. I really don't like the idea of scrambling to change my armor pieces after each map is voted for. Armor customization shouldn't affect how you perform in the game. Even if some sort of armor set loudout were implemented, I still wouldn't like it. I choose my armor based on what I find aesthetically pleasing and my weapon and armor ability based on what I want to do at that particular moment.

Now I'm all for a greater amount of aesthetic presence from armor abilities. It has always been easy to identify those with the jet packs, even when they are not using it.  Maybe some sort of projector gauntlet for the hardlight shield, a helmet attachment for promethian vision, or perhaps small field generators around placed strategically around the armor for active camouflage.

My interpretation before I read the thread was that it was some sort of expression for "cancel", lol. 

A boat/other sort of aquatic vehicle would be an interesting idea. As would be a large aerial vehicle like a Phantom, or something along those lines. I have a bad feeling that that isn't going to happen, though.

Who knows, if 343 ever establishes a way for us to contact them, maybe we could send them our suggestions?

The Halo Waypoint forums have actually been responded to at times by 343i employees like Andy "Bravo" Dudynsky, so you may have a better chance of them seeing what you have to say by posting in those forums. Those forums also have more traffic and often times have more focused discussions (albeit with obvious exceptions).

343i made some dumb armor pieces but these are good.

i think the reason they havent added boats is because they mainly fought in space,air or land because that how the coives fight and they fought the covenant most of the time