My complaints about Halo Spartan Assault.

Alright, so I recently saw the new Halo Spartan Assault trailer and honestly, I'm a bit let annoyed. I understand that Microsoft is trying to get people to buy and use windows products  instead of Apple's products, but what about the Halo Fans who have Apples! I'm not buying a windows phone just to play Halo Spartan Assault! I know 343 is trying to expand their series onto the Smartphone industry, but I think it is a bad idea not to release it on the Iphone or Mac, considering how many people own them. Also, if you look closely you will see that there are Grizzly tanks, Wolverines and even the Halo Wars brute chieftan. I'm going to be even more upset if they don't give us a reason why Machines and Characters from 29 years in the past have decided to make a return.

My biggest complaint is that there is even a "Spartan Assault" game.  No let's not make Halo 4 better by pouring in tons of time and work...lets make a FLOWERING FLOWER BUDDY mobile version of the original CE game with a  top view camera.  A 5 year old could do that FLOWER'S sake!  I hope this game dies!!!

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Removed inappropriate language
  • Like 3

I understand that Microsoft is trying to get people to buy and use windows products  instead of Apple's products, but what about the Halo Fans who have Apples! I'm not buying a windows phone just to play Halo Spartan Assault! I know 343 is trying to expand their series onto the Smartphone industry, but I think it is a bad idea not to release it on the Iphone or Mac, considering how many people own them.

What about the Halo fans that have an Xbox 360??? Do you see the dilemma that alot of Halo fans are faced with when considering the Xbox One??? Would you spend $500 bucks to purchase the Xbox One just to play the next Halo??? Why not release the next Halo installment for Xbox 360 owners who don't plan to switch to the One for their various reasons??? Microsoft has made quite a few bad business decisions lately but hey... they're on a role so why quit now!

I don't prefer to play games with the top view camera so this will be another Halo I will not be playing. It hurt my eyes just watching the video. Maybe it's just my age lol. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

What about the Halo fans that have an Xbox 360??? Do you see the dilemma that alot of Halo fans are faced with when considering the Xbox One??? Would you spend $500 bucks to purchase the Xbox One just to play the next Halo??? Why not release the next Halo installment for Xbox 360 owners who don't plan to switch to the One for their various reasons??? Microsoft has made quite a few bad business decisions lately but hey... they're on a role so why quit now!

I don't prefer to play games with the top view camera so this will be another Halo I will not be playing. It hurt my eyes just watching the video. Maybe it's just my age lol. :thumbsup:

To be fair, Choot, they didn't release Halo 3 on the original XBox, either.  Honestly though, you are saying this is a bad business decision, when in reality it is the only decision they could make.  Sure, they may make more money off of selling it for the 360 as well, but then they wouldn't have the console sales, and everything that goes along with somebody owning said console, such as buying more games for it.  Because lets face it, the 360 won't be supported 5 years down the road, you can almost guarantee it, regardless of what MS might be saying right now.

• Like 1

To be fair, Choot, they didn't release Halo 3 on the original XBox, either.  Honestly though, you are saying this is a bad business decision, when in reality it is the only decision they could make.  Sure, they may make more money off of selling it for the 360 as well, but then they wouldn't have the console sales, and everything that goes along with somebody owning said console, such as buying more games for it.  Because lets face it, the 360 won't be supported 5 years down the road, you can almost guarantee it, regardless of what MS might be saying right now.

Point taken but... did the Xbox 360 receive the type of negativity that the Xbox One is receiving? There are quite a few gamers unwilling to purchase their new console which means loss of console sales and game sales, including the next Halo installment. Add the fact that quite a few were not pleased with H4 and, in my opinion, spells disaster.

A release on the 360 might at least increase game sales.

Time will only tell as it's all uncertain at this point. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Point taken but... did the Xbox 360 receive the type of negativity that the Xbox One is receiving? There are quite a few gamers unwilling to purchase their new console which means loss of console sales and game sales, including the next Halo installment. Add the fact that quite a few were not pleased with H4 and, in my opinion, spells disaster.

A release on the 360 might at least increase game sales.

Time will only tell as it's all uncertain at this point. :thumbsup:

While I don't necessarily disagree, you are 100% right in the fact that time will tell.  I think the true answer will be revealed come some time January 2014, when holiday sales numbers start to roll in.  

But I kinda side tracked this topic, so I'm gonna get it back on track.

Alright, so I recently saw the new Halo Spartan Assault trailer and honestly, I'm a bit let annoyed. I understand that Microsoft is trying to get people to buy and use windows products  instead of Apple's products, but what about the Halo Fans who have Apples! I'm not buying a windows phone just to play Halo Spartan Assault! I know 343 is trying to expand their series onto the Smartphone industry, but I think it is a bad idea not to release it on the Iphone or Mac, considering how many people own them. Also, if you look closely you will see that there are Grizzly tanks, Wolverines and even the Halo Wars brute chieftan. I'm going to be even more upset if they don't give us a reason why Machines and Characters from 29 years in the past have decided to make a return.

MS will not release a Halo game on an Apple product.  Just like they won't release a Halo game on a Sony product.  Halo is MS's baby, and they want to keep it that way.  Sure, there are some ports of Halo that have made their way to mac's, but they are in no way official or supported by MS.  This kinda harks back to what Choot and I were discussing, sales.  Yes, they would sell more if they made the games available for other systems, but then they are hurting their own sales in a sense, too.

did you know Sony still make games for the ps2 now that is commitment baby :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Okay, so for your first point, consider two things.

1. Microsoft owns both 343 industries and the rights to Halo, so why would they release Halo on something that they don't own?

2. Microsoft Operating Systems currently own about 86.67% of the global market. Why would they release a game they own on a different OS and risk dropping that percentage?

Another point, on a Mac (at least current OS X Macs) you can partition part of your hard drive to run windows. If you partition it to run Windows 8, you'd be able to play the game on a mac. Just simply boot up using Windows. You can switch to Mac OS after playing by simply rebooting.

Now, that being said, I cannot fathom why they wouldn't release this game on Windows 7 or the X-Box 360. Considering that each of these on their own hold more of the market than Windows 8 and Windows 8 Phones put together do.

As far as your second point, cosmetics are simply matter of opinion. I have no qualms with your opinion on how the character models look.

So I decided to go watch the video before commenting, and once again, I am not impressed by it. If it wasnt the video to not impress me, the thing below the video definitely did the trick to irritate the crap out of me. This is what I read, I will quote it for you.

Set between the events of "Halo 3" and "Halo 4," "Halo: Spartan Assault" is a new chapter of the award-winning "Halo" universe that explores the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and dives deeper into the backstory of Human-Covenant wars. Play through the eyes of either Commander Sarah Palmer or Spartan Davis stationed aboard the UNSC Infinity as they fight never-before-seen battles against Covenant forces. 

So does this mean this is the reason for the lack of new Spartan Ops missions? Did they decide to move the Spartan Ops missions to the mobile devices? 

And its too bad Ensemble wasnt the one to team up with 343, at least Ensemble had great graphics.