"EVENT CENTER"

Festuca

"EVENT CENTER 1.2"

waypoint download link

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/33a3c8b1-b9f2-4db9-91aa-a16163d152ce

GAMERTAG-Festuca

GAMETYPES-Slayer variants, CTF, SWAT, great shotty snipes map!

PLAYER CAP 4v4 (plays 2v2 surprisingly well

CANVAS-RAVINE

VERSION 1.5

HARDSCAPE LAYOUT-inverted symmetrical 

This map was Forged in the last month before Halo 4's launch! The hardscape layout, is inspired from my travels to canal based urban environments in Europe! At the time when we had Forge world, I was able to Forge the vision due to the water in which it was a composition of boardwalks, terraces, bridges, and balconies that had some very intense sight lines. The map was named "CANALS" This map was one I could claim a original Festuca design! Although I was thrilled with the way it turned out, due to the them, it lacked "dance floor" attributes, and kept players moving to a predictable zone!

At the time I reforged this in Halo 4, I was unable to recreate the same hardscape it had, because of lack of Forgeable areas near water! Determination lead to a redesign, yet keeping many preferred attributes of the map! 

The result was a complete facelift of the middle section, and calibrated, modified attacker, and defender bases! The design of the layout really cultivates firefights that to me seem vary rare in Halo, as much as all the biomes are defendable there truly is no dominate area! The redesign has enable fantastic traversing options for the player, in which I see players utilize all areas of the map!

As soon as Forge Island came out I was almost hesitant to submit, because after a current BTB build I am working on, I intend to rebuild this because, I spent so much budget on floor, and perimeter! But what better way to release it to this community, in hopes some feedback will aid its next render! I encourage you guys to try this, because I am confident in this layout, and as of now it plays different than any other map I have played! That being said if I had to give an analogy of how this map played, it reminds me of Halo 2's "Sanctuary"!

I hope and wish for some feedback would be very welcomed, and of all I hope you enjoy the gameplay of this map! Thanks for your time! Festuca

post-73234-0-51107600-1372459273_thumb.jpg

Middle section is what i call a Scissor Jack bridge, Rockets on top @180, Railgun underneath @120

post-73234-0-40055000-1372459276_thumb.jpg

post-73234-0-94080200-1372459278_thumb.jpg

post-73234-0-54520600-1372459281_thumb.jpg

Head on view of the scissor jack bridge

post-73234-0-09500600-1372459284_thumb.jpg

post-73234-0-73831700-1372459420_thumb.jpg

Behind the center structures that unite the bridge, is a ladder for alternative flank route!

WAYPOINT DOWNLOAD LINK!

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/33a3c8b1-b9f2-4db9-91aa-a16163d152ce

post-73234-0-17037900-1373591334_thumb.jpg

post-73234-0-39941700-1373591336_thumb.jpg

post-73234-0-46012300-1373591338_thumb.jpg

post-73234-0-77509400-1373591340_thumb.jpg

post-73234-0-55376700-1373591343_thumb.jpg

post-73234-0-78957400-1373591345_thumb.jpg

post-73234-0-89575100-1373591347_thumb.jpg

I suggest flipping those bridges in the first picture so that players can drop down easier. Could you post more screenshots of the map?

Perhaps an overview picture?

I really like those ideas, and will definitely check it out! I really like those landing pads, but the extensions of the bridge have always been a chin scratcher! Yes I can post an overview, unless I am to close to default killzone!

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest flipping those bridges in the first picture so that players can drop down easier. Could you post more screenshots of the map?

Perhaps an overview picture?

I really would like to thank you for your ideas! :thumbsup: 

I put up the overview screenshot you requested! I also flipped the bridges, and that really ramped up the RISK vs REWARD for those rockets up there!  Also made it look really clean! In order to fill the void of that visual queue of the bridge railings, I forged a pergola over the whole thing, which as of now adds to the aesthetics and ties in the architecture loci of the map! I have no clue if you have played this yet, but this small but significant change has increased my admiration for this layout!

Thanks!

I put screenshots of these changes as well!

I loaded it up with my testers, they couldnt identify with the change, but once the match was done, participants asked what was different and mentioned the map played a lot tighter!

I really would like to thank you for your ideas! :thumbsup:

I put up the overview screenshot you requested! I also flipped the bridges, and that really ramped up the RISK vs REWARD for those rockets up there!  Also made it look really clean! In order to fill the void of that visual queue of the bridge railings, I forged a pergola over the whole thing, which as of now adds to the aesthetics and ties in the architecture loci of the map! I have no clue if you have played this yet, but this small but significant change has increased my admiration for this layout!

Thanks!

I put screenshots of these changes as well!

I loaded it up with my testers, they couldnt identify with the change, but once the match was done, participants asked what was different and mentioned the map played a lot tighter!

Alright. I'll give the map a DL so I can give better feedback.

Alright, I finally got to walk around the map in Forge.

First of all,

- If you're using windows as walls, make sure that players won't see the overextended pieces outside the map. It just becomes an eyesore.

- I also think you could've colored the wings of the map differently. 

- I noticed that a lot of the ramps in the map are very thin. It'd be better if you make these wider.

- You could make do with a little bit more cover on the ground.

- I also noticed I'd also suggest raising the cover pieces at red and blue so that if players crouch they can act as cover.

But despite all of that, I'm actually pretty pleased with the map. I especially like the tac jumps you put. They looked and felt very natural.

Plus the map is made on Ravine. And I love Ravine's pallet.

Send me an invite if you're ever testing this map again. 

GT: Zandril S312
  • Like 1

Alright, I finally got to walk around the map in Forge.

First of all,

- If you're using windows as walls, make sure that players won't see the overextended pieces outside the map. It just becomes an eyesore.

- I also think you could've colored the wings of the map differently. 

- I noticed that a lot of the ramps in the map are very thin. It'd be better if you make these wider.

- You could make do with a little bit more cover on the ground.

- I also noticed I'd also suggest raising the cover pieces at red and blue so that if players crouch they can act as cover.

But despite all of that, I'm actually pretty pleased with the map. I especially like the tac jumps you put. They looked and felt very natural.

Plus the map is made on Ravine. And I love Ravine's pallet.

Send me an invite if you're ever testing this map again. 

Mr Zandril I appreciate the time you have taken to look at the map, and reply to me, Thank you! Time is life and you have shared some!

In response to your comments!

Windows as walls- couldn't agree more! Problem was is if i used anything else it resulted in ruining any dynamic lighting I had going on, or breaking it in general!

Color the wings of the map differently- by this do you mean coloring the the biomes/ structure outcrops differently?  If I am understanding this correctly, yes I could!

Widen thin ramps- I will explore that!

More ground cover- I will explore that to, so far the budget lends itself to accentuate the map like that!

Raising cover at red, and blue- at snipe spawn, or the building with the inclined roofs awnings? Nevertheless I will look at all the railings!

As I mentioned in the write up above, Right when I was getting this build play test ready, Forge Island was announced! I intend to rebuild it there (I am sure you can imagine how challenging it was to build this on Ravine with square footage and such)! 

So all these ideas and critiques you have given me, are exactly what I was looking for to aid my next render! Thank you!

I will give you a hollar to test this! I have been Forging for years, but have finally got over my shy spree, and decided to start submitting!

The more time i spend in the community I see you affiliated with "Forge Cafe", I should cruise over and check that slice of heaven over there to!

Thank you for your time, Zandril! 
  • Like 1

Mr Zandril I appreciate the time you have taken to look at the map, and reply to me, Thank you! Time is life and you have shared some!

In response to your comments!

Windows as walls- couldn't agree more! Problem was is if i used anything else it resulted in ruining any dynamic lighting I had going on, or breaking it in general!

Color the wings of the map differently- by this do you mean coloring the the biomes/ structure outcrops differently?  If I am understanding this correctly, yes I could!

Widen thin ramps- I will explore that!

More ground cover- I will explore that to, so far the budget lends itself to accentuate the map like that!

Raising cover at red, and blue- at snipe spawn, or the building with the inclined roofs awnings? Nevertheless I will look at all the railings!

As I mentioned in the write up above, Right when I was getting this build play test ready, Forge Island was announced! I intend to rebuild it there (I am sure you can imagine how challenging it was to build this on Ravine with square footage and such)! 

So all these ideas and critiques you have given me, are exactly what I was looking for to aid my next render! Thank you!

I will give you a hollar to test this! I have been Forging for years, but have finally got over my shy spree, and decided to start submitting!

The more time i spend in the community I see you affiliated with "Forge Cafe", I should cruise over and check that slice of heaven over there to!

Thank you for your time, Zandril! 

No problem. If ever you update the map, inform me and I'll gladly take a look at it. Or you can FR and I'll take a look at it with you.

Will download and come back with feedback. :)

The faction floors need a little more accentuating cover detail, but I thought I would get this update out there, display enthusiasm for the feedback I have been given! :thumbsup: Also chatting with you has given me many ideas to calibrate this map!

EX- removing all railings. Pardon if I repeat this but when this was first designed in reach, it was a canal setting, so the railings were really there to keep players from falling in the water. There is no need for that now. My only concern of that is I wonder if it will expose players to much.

Thoughts? :question:

I apologize but I haven't been able to look at the map yet. I've been pretty busy. So just send me a friend request so I can personally tell you my feedback on the map while we're both in it.

That way of giving feedback is also a lot more effective than typing it down.

So just invite me if you see me online.

• Like 1

I apologize but I haven't been able to look at the map yet. I've been pretty busy. So just send me a friend request so I can personally tell you my feedback on the map while we're both in it.

That way of giving feedback is also a lot more effective than typing it down.

So just invite me if you see me online.

No need to apologize, but thank you! we are real people with real lives! Nothing is ever expected  :yes I am a father of 2, and life can really deal out the busy cards.

I will send you a request, and look forward to that! I must join one of your Halocustoms.com Forge Cafe game night as well!

• Like 1

No need to apologize, but thank you! we are real people with real lives! Nothing is ever expected  :yes I am a father of 2, and life can really deal out the busy cards.

I will send you a request, and look forward to that! I must join one of your Halocustoms.com Forge Cafe game night as well!

Alright then. I hope to see you there. I just hope I wake up early enough for it. :)