Halo Reach TU Date Confirmed

Really sucks.. It's a LOT easier to get kills, and basically every weapon got stepped-up in damage.. My kills basically doubled, and it was boring as hell. Bad news for Halo 4 if this is how it's gonna play. First Bungie stopped making it, than the Creative director quits, now we have a **** system that makes it too easy to get kills. Where's the challenge? Where's the feeling of achievement when you kill that guy that's been camping through the whole game?

It's easier to get kills? Then it's harder to stay alive. The weapons didn't get an increase in damage, the shots for certain weapons are just more accurate. I never knew Bungie had started on Halo 4, could you please link me to wherever you saw this stated? I personally think the changes are for the better. The bloom/spread is more controllable and more reliable, the armour lock and active-camo changes are for the better, and I just think its a lot more fun. That's what matters. Why would you feel a sense of achievement for killing a camper? Camping is absolutely silly/sad, and you should not be or feel proud for killing someone who does so. Camper kills and kills earned from camping are hollow. They hold no weight to me.

• 2 weeks later...

i have one reach related question. i know this TU is old news, especially by now, but is 343i even considering the benifits of working with roosterteeth to implement things like RVB character voices in firefight, or decicated easter-eggs in halo 4? i am a major fan of halo, even though i only started playing halo with halo 3, but i am also a major fan of RVB as are who knows how many other gamers. if you wish for proof that reach firefight voice DLC would be a worthwhile venture look at the comments for RoosterTeeth's PSA "Drafted".

Guest fan4ever

I am open to 343s new games but what the hell was wrong with reach. it's true some babies cried and got their way and if you want it like it was go back to halo 3 everything was Balanced until this ****. I have played halo for 5 years and I think every halo game has been great. there is no need to change anything.

p.s

in TU update magnum owns everything

pp.s

start making us die quicker and halo will become like crisis and then ****ing cod

Actually becoming like Crysis would be a great thing visually. Crytek Engine 3 from what I have tested and pulled, produces about twice the on-screen rendered poly's than Reach does. Also it handles an insane amount of spawning data for secondary items such as blocs, machs, scen and snd!. I agree 100% with what you said about balancing, and Halo 3. Reach is just Reach, love it or play something else.

As for dissapointments in the TU, I have nothing to say except...What were you expecting here community? If you were expecting game breaking changes with weapons, vehicles etc, then you seriously misunderstand how much an already compiled engine and game can be changed without requiring one to purchase a new version of said game.

As for concerns with Halo changing hands, it really didn't change hands all that much. Most of the important project leads have prior experience working with Bungie and Halo. it's in good hands. Halo always has and always will be different in each installment. You just have to trust them a little.

As for RvB easter eggs...no thanks. I'm a big fan of the RvB series but putting in voices for firefight are not really what i m looking for in terms of actual "go find it" bask in it extras. I wany hardcore story related or past history extras. Something extra to really draw you into the whole story.

In a nut shell, you guys need to relax a little and put all that fustration and speculation to better uses. 343i will not make Halo 4 or any other title just for you or a select few, they will make it the way they want it to be. Chill, go play some games, enjoy the new reach maps and come back next November.

• Like 1

Really sucks.. It's a LOT easier to get kills, and basically every weapon got stepped-up in damage.. My kills basically doubled, and it was boring as hell. Bad news for Halo 4 if this is how it's gonna play. First Bungie stopped making it, than the Creative director quits, now we have a **** system that makes it too easy to get kills. Where's the challenge? Where's the feeling of achievement when you kill that guy that's been camping through the whole game?

Reach is a stand alone halo if you will. It's not part of the MAIN story line so that's good news to me in regards to halo4. Can't wait for this to get back where halo 3 left off.

Reach is a stand alone halo if you will. It's not part of the MAIN story line so that's good news to me in regards to halo4. Can't wait for this to get back where halo 3 left off.

If you consider the Master Chief's story the main storyline, then no. It's not part of it. It is part of the overall Halo story, however. Regardless, that's not necessarily a bad thing. I find the stories told in Halo 2 and Halo 3 to be boring, and nowhere near the level of wonder and atmosphere of Halo: Combat Evolved. I did enjoy the stories of Halo Wars, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo: Reach, though.

Halo Reach itself is a very unique title. In regards to the story arc, yes it is not exactly linear to the MC story we have grown acustomed to. But Reach was way different. This was the first Halo title in a setting that we know had been destroyed by the Covenant. To make a game where we play thru living the last moments of the planet was a big gamble. Many players really wouldn't fancy playing a game that is a complete losing battle from the beginning. But this is also what makes Reach a great game.

Halo 1 had a great mystery about it. You knew next to nothing, and everything you found along the way changed the entire game. Halo 2 and 3 were kinda lapse in that repsect. They revealed too much in cut scenes too early. By Halo 3 we already knew what was going on, who was who, and what exacty was going on. It left very little for us to get emotional and hyped about. There were from my memory, no moments of standout awe and wonder that really made me question everything I know about the battle so far.

The only other 2 Halo titles to ever bring the community any kind of real drama, instead of the usual guns blazing kick their ass gameplay we are used to, was ODST and Halo Wars. Reason being is that Halo from the start has been more about MC's journey thru the universe and him being Earth's last hope of survival. In the stated titles, we had no idea what or who was goung to survive or happen. it brought real emotion and drama (noir style) to the universe and made you fell no longer isolated. At least for me that's what it did.

Having said that, Reach really made you feel like you were part of the stroy for once. Don't get me wrong, Halo 1, 2 and 3 were great games, but the main character and story driven dramatical pieces were just not there. At times, I felt MC was cold, shallow and had his cares placed elsewhere. Sometimes you just felt he was more interested in caring for Cortana, then to help a marine with a blown off leg. Talk about cold....

Halo Reach itself is a very unique title. In regards to the story arc, yes it is not exactly linear to the MC story we have grown acustomed to. But Reach was way different. This was the first Halo title in a setting that we know had been destroyed by the Covenant. To make a game where we play thru living the last moments of the planet was a big gamble. Many players really wouldn't fancy playing a game that is a complete losing battle from the beginning. But this is also what makes Reach a great game.

Halo 1 had a great mystery about it. You knew next to nothing, and everything you found along the way changed the entire game. Halo 2 and 3 were kinda lapse in that repsect. They revealed too much in cut scenes too early. By Halo 3 we already knew what was going on, who was who, and what exacty was going on. It left very little for us to get emotional and hyped about. There were from my memory, no moments of standout awe and wonder that really made me question everything I know about the battle so far.

The only other 2 Halo titles to ever bring the community any kind of real drama, instead of the usual guns blazing kick their ass gameplay we are used to, was ODST and Halo Wars. Reason being is that Halo from the start has been more about MC's journey thru the universe and him being Earth's last hope of survival. In the stated titles, we had no idea what or who was goung to survive or happen. it brought real emotion and drama (noir style) to the universe and made you fell no longer isolated. At least for me that's what it did.

Sorry! Pooched the multi quote.

Having said that, Reach really made you feel like you were part of the stroy for once. Don't get me wrong, Halo 1, 2 and 3 were great games, but the main character and story driven dramatical pieces were just not there. At times, I felt MC was cold, shallow and had his cares placed elsewhere. Sometimes you just felt he was more interested in caring for Cortana, then to help a marine with a blown off leg. Talk about cold....

I agree with most of your post Twin and Mystic. As far as the actual stories go ODST had more than H2 and H3. The campaign play, to me, was better in H2 and H3 though. I like the hard fast action in them, energized music and being pushed hard by the enemy. ODST's campaign was fun and the firefights tied in well to the campaign. Reach's story was probably the 2nd best compared to Halo CE, but I did not enjoy the campaign. I felt like I was just trying to get through it for the fact of finishing it, no better way to put it. I believe it is due to the fact I like the solitary fighting of the Chief without having an AI presence getting in the way. The AI in previous games worked better in my opinion. Story driven games will always have either a great story and marginal play, great play and marginal story or sometimes both. Halo CE had them both I think. Waiting to see if Halo 4 can deliver the same type of felling on all sides including MM.

• 2 months later...

about armor lock....basically the way i see armor lock is that a spartan is overpowering his for a short time to become indestructible. Ok thats kinda useful, but what i dont understand is how he can come out of armor lock with full shields. It would make more since if the spartan coming out of armor lock would experience a time of no shields (ie. "one shot") while his shields recovered from being overcharged for armor lock. To make this setting work, the amount of time that said spartan would be "one shot" would depend one how much time said spartan spent in armor lock.

PLEASE 343 GET RID OF JETPACKS!

TU rules are the biggest bunch of bull**** I have ever experienced. don't force us to play this **** it is so terrible. keep tu playlists separate from normal playlists. 343i is the worst gaming company ever. they will ruin halo with halo 4. you have lost a loyal halo player that has played since the inception of halo in 2001. 343i burn in hell.

You're gonna wish you'd never said that.... :whistle:

• 1 month later...
Guest Francoise

With the TU the gameplay changed alot. I never was a fan of scince fiction or even old-school scifi-shooters like unreal or quake. in fact i became a great fan of the halo series, espacially of the gameplay mentioned above.

e.g. in a duel, you try to move tactical arround or infront of your opponend and need to set the shots at the right time. these had some funny moments definetly. Saw enemys jumping, crouching or moving in circles. the right strategie for the weapon of his choice. the big winner wasn't that one who took the first shot, instead that one who shooted at the right time ( bloom/ kind of weapon )

And now? Now every idiot with a magnum can run straight at you with unbridled shots and will **** you up. running and jumping and crouching just lets you look like a supermario-gamer. that sucks to me. every CoD-kid can play now in halo like it is used to. crouching for increasing your accuracy became senseless. in fact an TU slayer ends much earlier than an goog old kind of. At least it would be expectable to incrase the amount of kills needed for a TU win. the biggest **** happens in Squad-Slayer, there exits only TU and you will experience it, when you respawn at the wrong place. your have simple no chance to escape the gun fire of only one person. you can now forecast the rage-quit of teammates. that really sucks.

Halo is an clear shooter, with clear forms, coulors and visibility. you wont be able to hide in a scrub or lay down flat on the floor.

my suggestion: why dont you take out the crouch-button and insert a perk for " playing dead " to confuse enemies. than it will become really senseless. currenlty you sadly didnt reach the top of the edge. Lol

• 1 month later...
Guest Remembered

TU update sucks!!!!!! Ruined the hole Reach!!! I used to play reach a lot and now i wont even touch it. Would 343 please tell me why this is so and cant u make it a playlist and bring old reach back.

TU update sucks!!!!!! Ruined the hole Reach!!! I used to play reach a lot and now i wont even touch it. Would 343 please tell me why this is so and cant u make it a playlist and bring old reach back.

There are still plenty of playlists that use the Vanilla Reach settings. Unless it says "Title Updated" on the bottom of the playlist description, or it's MLG, it is Vanilla Reach. I happen to enjoy the Title Update far more than Vanilla Reach, and I loved Vanilla Reach. If you want to use Vanilla Reach settings, select one of the playlists that doesn't have "Title Updated" in its description.