Third Party Xbox One Controllers?

Let's assume the Xbox One controller is worth ten dollars/pounds/euros more than the Xbox 360 controller. Do you think that someone will just come along and make a line of third party Xbox One controllers? I hope that there's an Xbox One controller with a turbo button. That would be just awesome. Impulse Triggers, Precision Directional Pad, Sleek Design, oh and uh, Turbo Controls. Just awesome.

xboxonecontroller.png

That kind of stuff went out of style during the last gen. I doubt it will come back. However I do have a bit of an affinity for third party controllers so I wouldn't mind if they cam back.

Turbo Buttons are great for when you have semi-automatic weapons.

I wouldn't mind a third party Kinect, provided it didn't do anything except sit and tell the Xbox One it was plugged in so that I could play my games without having the real thing watching me all the time. And yes, I know they've said you can turn it off completely. I just don't believe them.

As for third-party game pads, I'm pretty sure they're here to stay. As long as it's possible to make pads which are either cheaper or better quality than the official line, there will always be a market for them. Last generation, there weren't so many third-party controllers purely because it wasn't really possible to improve on the design of the standard Xbox 360 pad. There were, however, quite a few which weren't very good, but were very cheap, and modded controllers with auto-fire and turbo buttons have been just as popular as ever, so I'd expect to see that continue.

• Like 1

And yes, I know they've said you can turn it off completely. I just don't believe them.

Turn it around to face the wall. ;)

Also, I have never been a big fan of 3rd party hardware. Controllers have always made my player movement choppy when trying to use them on the console. I would stick with the original Xbox version as I do not trust the rest.

• Like 3

Turn it around to face the wall. ;)

Also, I have never been a big fan of 3rd party hardware. Controllers have always made my player movement choppy when trying to use them on the console. I would stick with the original Xbox version as I do not trust the rest.

But it's still listening to me D:

• Like 2

What about other party accessories? Such as... Music Controllers? How will they implement Impulse technology in those kind of controllers? I'm sure the music genre is still alive. Another Thing I must say, what if the motors in the impulse triggers burn up? Could third party controllers increase the motor lifespan? or even battery lifespan?

I'm with Bacon Shelf on this one. I would just like a simple controller. In my mind I think that having boost controls would be fine. Only the fact that it would be more or less like "cheating." This would be a good idea although I do think it would be unfair for some gamers. Others would probably enjoy this controller.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely. There is probably going to be an MLG version of the controller if they see any improvements they want to make. I believe MLG currently has a version of the X360 controller on their website. I might buy a wired one for my PC in the future, an aftermarket one that is.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...