Forge Machinima: Forging the Future

Would it be a humourous machinima, or a serious one?

Good question. The answer is: Both. The group of Spartans will have humerous conversations between one another and the A.I Forge monitors. On the other hand, conversations between A.T.O.M agents and "the mastermind" would be somewhat serious.

• Like 1

It sounds.....weird.

If its a machinima based around Forging itself, I don't see why it should be serious and have such an intricate plot that involved the taking over of earth.

If it's a machinima using forge, well, Project Middleground came out 2011.

Good question. The answer is: Both. The group of Spartans will have humerous conversations between one another and the A.I Forge monitors. On the other hand, conversations between A.T.O.M agents and "the mastermind" would be somewhat serious.

If I were to work on this machinima with you, maybe I could be a quiet ATOM agent, since I don't know how my voice acting would be. Also, if you want a cool name for the mastermind, try translating titles such as master or lord into different languages.

It sounds.....weird. If its a machinima based around Forging itself, I don't see why it should be serious and have such an intricate plot that involved the taking over of earth. If it's a machinima using forge, well, Project Middleground came out 2011.

Well, if it were all comedy, you'd start to run out of jokes. Having a serious side will create a great contrast to the comedy, dividing the Machinima up a little more.

Serious > Humorous, but there always space for comic relief which is good, as I was reading the basis for your plot (which I think is very solid to built upon it) I imagined the AI Monitors as being kind of nerdy/awkward/quirky and kind of clueless about the whole situation even though having a large knowledge about forerunner artifacts and stuff. Personally, I would go for serious, but for a machinima to be taken seriously, you'll need a lot of character development instead how -Sparky- said, random violence.

Edited by King of Winter

Serious > Humorous, but there always space for comic relief which is good, as I was reading the basis for your plot (which I think is very solid to built upon it) I imagined the AI Monitors as being kind of nerdy/awkward/quirky and kind of clueless about the whole situation even having a large knowledge about forerunner artifacts and stuff. Personally, I would go for serious, but for a machinima to be taken seriously, you'll need a lot of character development instead how -Sparky- said, random violence.

You're spot on there. Each monitor, to tell them apart and differentiate them, will have very different personalities. One will be aware of the situation; the intelligent one. Another would be a gun-happy nut-job who believes shooting is always the solution. The final, is just the idiot, the joker, the irritating, irrational one. I feel the Machinima would be 2 thirds Comedy and 1 third Serious, mainly because in order to maintain a serious plot, you need GREAT voice-actors. Comedy... not so much. The serious side would set and drive the story, while the comedy is the guts of it all. It may even turn out half-serious and half-comedy. I'll be writing up the first episode's script soon enough, I just need to know how many people are willing to participate.

You're spot on there. Each monitor, to tell them apart and differentiate them, will have very different personalities. One will be aware of the situation; the intelligent one. Another would be a gun-happy nut-job who believes shooting is always the solution. The final, is just the idiot, the joker, the irritating, irrational one. I feel the Machinima would be 2 thirds Comedy and 1 third Serious, mainly because in order to maintain a serious plot, you need GREAT voice-actors. Comedy... not so much. The serious side would set and drive the story, while the comedy is the guts of it all. It may even turn out half-serious and half-comedy. I'll be writing up the first episode's script soon enough, I just need to know how many people are willing to participate.

The thing about the voice actors is very true, as long as you work with what you have, this can come up being a good machinima. I can help with the writing in any way you need me too.

As an extension to my previous post: In my filming class, I did an original short as my final, and it was a serious drama. Everything came out really good as in the shots, editing (which I can help in, editing itself, color correction, sound, etc.) but I had crap actors, luckily I wasn't being graded for the acting and still received a good grade but because of the acting, the whole thing kinda felt like a big joke.

I'm good at writing and comedy, and if needed I can body act.

I'd also like to voice act...so if you've got audition lines, bring them up. I promise to try to actually stay on topic in the audition.

Why would you need to try to stay on topic while auditioning? You just say the lines and send them in. Or are you thinking about a live audition?

Already so many volunteers!

Thanks so much guys, really appreciate your support. I've added a list of the current volunteers. I'll be adding roles as more volunteers come up. Please be aware that if you want to body-act, you may need to be prepared to voice-act too and visa versa.

I'd like to audition for Spartan 1 - (Dan) [Leader]. :D 

I just bought the Nessie Blue Snowball microphone (brilliant and high quality microphone), so I'm ready to voice act! :D

Just need a line or two.