Halofight [Forum Game]

Is not JL

Ok. Time to make my Character.

Name: Spartan-104, Fredric

Preferred weapon: Railgun, Magnum

Race: Human

Power/Ability 1: As a Spartan, He possesses superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, sight, and hearing, which is further supplemented by MJONIR armor.

Power/Ability 2: Railgun overcharge: Double size of Railgun Blast.

Power/Ability 3: Sacrifices own shields to create a shield disrupting blast in the immediate vicinity.

Bio: As per usual for a spartan, he was abducted at age 6, and subjected to intense training, until the time of his augmentation. Throughout his years of service, he has both served on Master Chiefs handpicked squad, and led a team of spartans.

Special Weapon: Volcano: Agitate the area beneath target enemy, causing an instantaneous volcano around them.

Appearance:

gallery_53499_586_62147.jpeg

Approved.

Before we go on, few things I wanna ask.

1. Despite the fact that 'No Killing' was the one rule that had red bold underlined letters, nobody really followed it in some gametypes. Part of the blame has to be on me; the other part is on those who did the killing.

Some people have been in favor of killing, others, not so much. In the normal gametypes, you could fling people around all you want without them dying. In tough meat games, this changes. 

Some people wanted a gametype where their characters couldn't be controlled, like an RP; Still they were invincible. Would you guys want a 'Yes Killing' skull to be created?

2. Do you guys like the Tough Luck skull?

Anyways, I'm just gonna end round 4. Nobody wins, that was confusing.

Round 5: Halofight FFA.

Map: You're on a cruise ship.

It's in space.

Skulls: None.

Remember, no killing! :)

Spartan-104, Fredric approved.

• Like 1

Approved.

Before we go on, few things I wanna ask.

1. Despite the fact that 'No Killing' was the one rule that had red bold underlined letters, nobody really followed it in some gametypes. Part of the blame has to be on me; the other part is on those who did the killing.

Some people have been in favor of killing, others, not so much. In the normal gametypes, you could fling people around all you want without them dying. In tough meat games, this changes. 

Some people wanted a gametype where their characters couldn't be controlled, like an RP; Still they were invincible. Would you guys want a 'Yes Killing' skull to be created?

2. Do you guys like the Tough Luck skull?

Anyways, I'm just gonna end round 4. Nobody wins, that was confusing.

Round 5: Halofight FFA.

Map: You're on a cruise ship.

It's in space.

Skulls: None.

Remember, no killing! :)

Spartan-104, Fredric approved.

I personally did like the tough luck skull, and prefer no killing, but for the sake of variation, a killing skull is ok by me. Assuming round five has begun and that by cruise ship, you mean a cruise ship meant for water:

Fred surveyed his surroundings and thought he had lost his mind. Or perhaps he was dreaming. He stood on the deck of a cruise ship, with nothing but space on sides. Unsure of what course of action to take next he left the deck and wandered the hallways. Fred found no one as he explored deck 12, then 11. He decided make for the lower decks, and made for the elevator. When he arrived, he found it was already coming up. Floor 8. He unslung his railgun. 9. 10. His grip tightened. 11. The doors began to open...

Sorry my post is a little short, but I wouldn't want to do something like attack someone who is no longer playing.

The engine room of the cruise ship was hot. Steam choked the air and puddles of moisture produced by the Shaw Fujikawa slipspace drive were plenty on the deck. A steady hum of the engines and the dull gray color palette were just a reminder of the lack of life in human vessels. Save for when crewman worked or inspected the machinery, life here was nonexistent . However, there was a life form in the engine room, not a crewman, and not human. Cunning's bright orange compund eyes opened and were the only sign that he had been camouflaged amongst a thick wall of pipes. Prying his way out from the nook he landed with a crude splash on the ground, having been covered in condensation. He stood on all six legs and fluttered his wings for several seconds, drying them and the rest of his exoskeleton quickly. Although disoriented from whatever the method of transportation the host of these "games" used his antennae surveyed the surroundings, making a mental map. "This must be human vessel." he hissed aloud upon seeing the gray metal interior of the room.

This place reminded him of the Hive, warm and moist. Angered by the thoughts of his previous life as a mindless slave to the hive, Cunning skittered his way to the exit stairs. Since the stairs weren't really designed for a 2 meter, six legged bugs from h*ll, Cunning climbed the wall instead. Skipping the stairs and continuing down the hallway on the wall, sword hilt in his talons, he spotted a porthole to view the outside and sped towards it. What he saw was angering. Nothing, nothing but the cold, black embrace of space on the other side of the window. So he was truly trapped, until or if the ship would make port. Also the upper deck of the vessel, if one existed, was off limits due to the fact he had no atmospheric suit. Upon realizing this Cunning hissed a curse in his native tongue and punched the wall. Suddenly there was a series of thumps that moved across the deck above him. "So, the demons and the others, they are here as well." he thought to himself, nervous to alert whatever was passing overhead. So a way to kill the voyage time would be to combat the others. That suited Cunning fine. Just he began to speed of down the hallway, something caught his eye. A ventilation shaft. Similar to the maintenance tunnels on Covenant vessels it was too small for anything bigger than cunning to crawl into. Activating his active camouflage, and placing his claws in the slits in the vent, he tore the cover apart and crawled inside sword hilt at the ready. He was now concealed, and free to traverse the ship as he pleased. "Perfect." he thought as he crawled the upward leading vent shaft.

As with Spartan-104 I just made my moves preliminary, so I'm going to hold off engaging anything until all combatants are here and accounted for. Just a quick question, how do we score points? Via what would be a fatal hit if killing was aloud or what. I'm just a tad confused here.

Stepping out of the Portal, Sikslik7 smiled at the familiar sound of metal on metal, and the whir  of computers."Finally, a round inside." He looked around and found himself in a room full of  computer screens, each displaying diagnostics of some sort. Bending over to look closer at one terminal with a diagram on it, and his smile faded. "An abandoned ship? Just drifting in space!" he thought to himself. He glanced at another screen, to find that sensors and communication were down and the navigation system damaged. "Not good, not good at all." He noticed a flashing messages on another screen and inspected it. "Evac Protocol Issued". He pressed the screen and an audio file began to play. 

"This is the captain speaking. During the last Jump our communication and navigation systems were damaged beyond repair.  We seem to have also jumped to a random location, so our location is unknown. I am issuing an evacuation order and will be initiate the ship's self destruct sequence. You have one hour to board the escape pods. Thank you and have a great day."

Sikslik7 looked at the final screen, and his stomach sank. One message remained solid on the screen. "All Escape Pods Fired, Self Destruct Sequence Paused, Time Left: One hour, twenty three minutes and four seconds." 

"Paused, why paused? No, someone can't have stayed behind. Unless this is on purpose." 

Sikslik7 looked back at the ship's diagram and shouldered his Battle Rifle, "Time to meet the inhabitants."

Omegaman Infinity hurdled out the portal, hitting his chin and neck on the cold, gray ground, and rolling over multiple times, as he stopped himself with his wrinkly hands. He coughed and picked himself up with haste, as he looked around with his reptilian eyes, he screeched a little before, picking up his Suppressor, holding it with one hand, as he touched the console on the door, opening it, he examined the long hallway, at the end was a door that looked like it lead to a leader's quarters, Omegaman took the opportunity and sprinted down the hall, busting open the door with his Suppressor's back. It had a desk, a bed, and a flag, that looked in someway Soviet, Omegaman snickered and said in his gruff voice, "Must have been a Russian captain. I need to find something to shoot, fast." as he looked around, he pulled open one of the captain's drawers and pulled out a folded piece of paper, he opened it up, and it looked like coordinates, Omegaman did not know russian very well though, and could only read one word, Escape. He couldn't figure out what this meant though, as he tossed the paper back into the drawer, all of a sudden, fire broke on him, as his shields fluttered, Omegaman turned, it was just a jackal on the other side, he glided from side to side using his agility, and jumped on the jackal tearing his eye out, as he pulled the suppressor to it's face, and blew a hole in it, killing the simple foot soldier.

The elevator door opened, revealing its sole inhabitant: a grunt. It squealed in terror. Fredric stepped on it. If the ship was covenant infested, the he had better keep his guard up. He entered the elevator, and, went down several floors. He exited, and continued looking around, hoping to find a way off the ship. He rounded a corner and ran right into Sikslik7. "Hey, who are you?!" he said and brought his weapon to bear. Rather than risking charging up his railgun, Fredric kicked him in the chest. Sikslik7 flew backward and became embedded in the nearest wall. Fred charged up his railgun and released a round, but Sikslik7 was already moving, and slammed into Him. They both went down. The hallways were a bad place to be and Fred knew it. He had no room to maneuver in this fight, so threw Sikslik off and backed up. His back was to an elevator, so he called it. Sikslik, cast a sidelong look at him, confused, but then charged. As the elevators began to open, Fred sidestepped Sikslik's charge and threw him in, as well well as a primed grenade. The doors closed. There was a moment of silence followed by a moment of loudness. Fred strode away. Then realized he was stuck. "Well crap" he said, and blew up.

Note* please ingnore the first two sentences of my previous post.

"As with Spartan-104 I just made my moves preliminary, so I'm going to hold off engaging anything until all combatants are here and accounted for. Just a quick question, how do we score points? Via what would be a fatal hit if killing was aloud or what. I'm just a tad confused here."

Well, if killing was allowed, I think anything that qualifies as a kill in real life or in Halo would count. And from then on you'd have to see whether tough luck skull is on in order to actually kill. When killing is off, you can fight, you can pound, you can beat each other up, and the guy with the best posts throughout the round wins.

"As with Spartan-104 I just made my moves preliminary, so I'm going to hold off engaging anything until all combatants are here and accounted for. Just a quick question, how do we score points? Via what would be a fatal hit if killing was aloud or what. I'm just a tad confused here." Well, if killing was allowed, I think anything that qualifies as a kill in real life or in Halo would count. And from then on you'd have to see whether tough luck skull is on in order to actually kill. When killing is off, you can fight, you can pound, you can beat each other up, and the guy with the best posts throughout the round wins.

I see, thanks for the clarification. 

Des got out of the portal, like always, landing on his head. 

"Looks like I have a new enemy..." he growled.

When he got up, he saw a friendly group of Elites, Grunts and Jackals, and regrouped with them.

"Commander, we've been looking for you. We have limited troops here, so don't expect much support." said one of the Elites.

"Then we should make sure this ends soon." Des replied.

After a few minutes, they saw enemy movement on their motion sensors, and heard gunfire. They got closer, noticing that the enemy troops were below them. It was Omegaman, pinned down by many Human forces. Since they had height advandage and the element of surprise, they opened fire with everything they had. Plasma and Carbine rounds, fuel rods and grenades rained death from their position, quickly eradicating anything on the floor below. 

"That's why I love hanging out with you guys! Why shoot something once, when you can shoot it 42 more times?" said Des, laughing. 

"Hmm... Our Jackal friend escaped, but I'm not surprised. You stay here and keep an eye out for more of them, if anything goes bad, contact me. I'll go by myself from now on." he said, separating from his team.

Name: Chugalug

Preferred Weapon: Needler or Boltshot, can wield any Grunt-friendly weaponry

Race and/or Occupation: Retired Grunt Ultra

Power/Ability 1: Strength increases with alcohol, other important combat factors such as coordination, sensory awareness, and agility decrease

Power/Ability 2: Can operate vehicles provided he can craft some sort of booster seat and is not highly impaired

Power/Ability 3: Can stab enemies by headbutting them with his cone shaped methane tank

Bio:

A highly respected Unggoy, Chugalug was once an icon for male rights on Balaho. Realizing that one could not make a living fighting for rights, he joined the Covenant. Once there, he rose through the ranks and fought in many battles. On each human world he traveled to, he killed many humans by making their livers fail. Some say his kill count reached 1,000, others say it reached 2,000.

Eventually, he retired after winning a drinking contest against an Elite, and got a Phantom in the process. After traveling around the galaxy for awhile, meeting new friends over drinks, he found a Forerunner artifact which appeared to depict a legendary Grunty relic: the Golden Feeding Nipple, which can feed you whatever your heart desires. Now he explores the cosmos in search of treasure with a crew of merry mateys.

In his crew are (this is the army that Chugalug will summon if accepted):

Yvas "Squidward" Totem': an Elite who is a master of navigation and a womanizer. While not interested in the Golden Feeding Nipple, he travels with Chugalug in search of the perfect woman... of any species. In battle, he has a fascination with Shotguns, Scattershots, and Plasma Rifles. He is never seen without one of these weapons on his body.

Akk "Harvey" Xen: a Jackal who is fascinated by gold. Although wealth is one of his top priorities, he will always back up his mateys if given the choice between wealth or being loyal. When fighting, Akk uses the shiniest long range weaponry he can use, such as the Carbine or Lightrifle with the steel skin. His armour is coated in gold foil, and his shield (when in use) is gold.

​Nebuchadnezzar "Fuzzy" Jackson: a master of thievery, this Brute can crack into any safe that stands in his way. He has a fascination with precious gems, which he says taste better than other rocks. He sticks to his species' weaponry. He possesses a grand beard, which he claims contains a hidden fist.

Special Weapons: Two Litres of Atomic Absinthe in a Squeeze Bottle; when poured (long range and more accurate) or spat out (short range, spreads like a shotgun round), it can separate matter into its component atoms. While he can pass the bottle to his mateys, this stuff will burn their mouths if they attempt to use the spray method.

Appearance

post-71046-0-50103000-1377764156.png

Name: Chugalug

Preferred Weapon: Needler or Boltshot, can wield any Grunt-friendly weaponry

Race and/or Occupation: Retired Grunt Ultra

Power/Ability 1: Strength increases with alcohol, other important combat factors such as coordination, sensory awareness, and agility decrease

Power/Ability 2: Can operate vehicles provided he can craft some sort of booster seat and is not highly impaired

Power/Ability 3: Can stab enemies by headbutting them with his cone shaped methane tank

Bio:

A highly respected Unggoy, Chugalug was once an icon for male rights on Balaho. Realizing that one could not make a living fighting for rights, he joined the Covenant. Once there, he rose through the ranks and fought in many battles. On each human world he traveled to, he killed many humans by making their livers fail. Some say his kill count reached 1,000, others say it reached 2,000.

Eventually, he retired after winning a drinking contest against an Elite, and got a Phantom in the process. After traveling around the galaxy for awhile, meeting new friends over drinks, he found a Forerunner artifact which appeared to depict a legendary Grunty relic: the Golden Feeding Nipple, which can feed you whatever your heart desires. Now he explores the cosmos in search of treasure with a crew of merry mateys.

In his crew are (this is the army that Chugalug will summon if accepted):

Yvas "Squidward" Totem': an Elite who is a master of navigation and a womanizer. While not interested in the Golden Feeding Nipple, he travels with Chugalug in search of the perfect woman... of any species. In battle, he has a fascination with Shotguns, Scattershots, and Plasma Rifles. He is never seen without one of these weapons on his body.

Akk "Harvey" Xen: a Jackal who is fascinated by gold. Although wealth is one of his top priorities, he will always back up his mateys if given the choice between wealth or being loyal. When fighting, Akk uses the shiniest long range weaponry he can use, such as the Carbine or Lightrifle with the steel skin. His armour is coated in gold foil, and his shield (when in use) is gold.

​Nebuchadnezzar "Fuzzy" Jackson: a master of thievery, this Brute can crack into any safe that stands in his way. He has a fascination with precious gems, which he says taste better than other rocks. He sticks to his species' weaponry.

Special Weapons: Two Litres of Atomic Absinthe in a Squeeze Bottle; when poured (long range and more accurate) or spat out (short range, spreads like a shotgun round), it can separate matter into its component atoms. While he can pass the bottle to his mateys, this stuff will burn their mouths if they attempt to use the spray method.

Appearance

attachicon.gifchugalug the grunt.png

Man, I want that drink! :rofl:

The smoldering Spartan-104 got up off the blackened floor. He checked his railgun; luckily it was undamaged. He turned towards the elevator. Fred heard Sikslik7 graon. Satisfied that his opponent wouldn't be moving anytime soon, he left the area. He heard gunfire on the upper decks, and headed for the stairs. He was met by a group off elites. Fred quickly switched to his magnum, used his special to break all their shields, and took them down with headshots. He winced. The elites had inflicted several plasma burns on him as well. He decided it was time to summon reenforcements. He continued toward the source of the gunfire he had heard earlier, now supplemented by a force of ODST's.

Right. Spartan-104 wins that round for...um, posting. You may PM me for a special weapon choice.

For the Next round, we're gonna do another round of FFA, except this time there are no armies. K? Special weapons are allowed. Also, an addition to every single character's ability for just this round is high speed, high maneuverability flight in space. Like a jetpack, but much better. Be careful you don't thrust so hard that when you stop you snap your own neck.

Map: Like those Octagon practice maps the em el gee people always use, except it's massive, the size of a small city, and it's in space. Also, there are small floaty asteroids.

Oh yeah, and far in the distance is this.

space_cats.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Viem 'Turrellee

Preferred Weapons: Concussion Rifle, Energy Sword

Race and Occupation: Sangheili, Covenant Remenant Field Marshall

Special Ability 1: Evade

Special Ability 2: Active camo

Special Ability 3: Leadership (10% boost to health and melee damage to Viem's nearby units.)

Special Weapon(s): Communication device (call in a CCS class battlecruiser to do a precision glassing)

Appearance: Halo:Reach Field Marshall with Maroon Primary and Steel secondary

Bio: Viem spent his first years in the covenant as a banshee pilot. In 2547 Viem's squad was killed by a Spartan II. Biem and the Spartan II disarmed each other and Biem beat the spartan to death with his bare fists.Because of that kill Viem was promoted to Field Master. In 2550, Viem lead an attack on a human base on a mission to retrieve an artifact ONI had hidden there. Eight Spartans counterattacked and Viem killed three (earning him the title Demonkiller, his troops somtimes call him this.) but was ordered to retreat with the artifact by his Fleetmaster. After the battle Viem was promoted to Field Marshall. After the Human-Covenant war Viem joined the Covenant Remenant and was given the rank of shipmaster. Unfortunantly, the ship was destroyed before Viem ever saw it and could not be replaced at the time. Due to the loss of his ship and his favor with his new Fleetmaster, Viem was given supremem command of all ground forces.

• 4 months later...

So, guys. I realize that towards the end of this game's life cycle that there were quite a few unsolved issues and problems that arose between players, which, coupled with some players having to get on with their life, made playing this game more and more of a responsibility than a source of fun.

I've been brainstorming some ideas, which quite basically will change up some of the rules and basics of the games in the hope of mounting a revival - or, more specifically, a second generation of Halofight, due to the big differences (Though at it's core it will still be fun-based combat.) Not only this, but since this game has effectively died there have been an influx of newer members who I see have spent quite a lot of time on this forum. It would be a privilege for me to host a second game, as well as share Halofight to some newer players.

Would you guys like to see a revival? Because I would.

• Like 1

For Halofight 2, there should be a separate signup thread and action thread. I found that reading through this, it was a mess of action posts and signup sheets, which made following the action tougher than it should have been.

Also, when a new round starts, make it a lot noticeable such as typing in a different colour, different font size, etc. Perhaps you could appear as some sort of all-knowing overlord that is invincible?