"Windthrown"

Waypoint download link

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/370f0851-6877-48af-ae29-9e3955b79746

http://youtu.be/s6W2OZONeyU

Second map feature, courtesy of Zandril! Thank you Zan :respect: 

"Windthrown" is one of my more 1st ever serious builds that I accomplished in the first quarter of Reach's launch! Windthrown is rendered, inspired, and designed from the hardscape layout from Halo 3 ODST's original firefight map "Windward"!

I chose this hardscape layout, at the time I had no inspiring ideas, so I looked into the Halo franchise for something unique to bring to the community! Choosing this map really helped me understand how maps were Forged, and what elements were needed to make a solid map! Every time I booted up this map, I always thought it would be a fantastic environ to play competitively! During the 3rd render bringing it in to Halo 4, due to multiple requests, it evolved enough that the build kinda became its own, yet you can still tell its spiritual successor, hence the name "Windthrown"!

This map has gone through 3 variants, and hours of playtesting over a 2 year span! This current render I feel is finally what I feel ready to release into the wild!

Windthrown is set up for 4v4, but hits a sweet spot at 3v3! It plays 2v2 really well also! I have before had multiple gametypes and they all played well, but the consistent request for this map, is straight up Slayer variants!

I am amateur at making videos but the video I made for this map explains it well and I hope you enjoy!

post-73234-0-21902500-1372111075_thumb.jpg

post-73234-0-19776200-1372111150_thumb.jpg

post-73234-0-35257800-1372111195_thumb.jpg

post-73234-0-52078900-1372111117_thumb.jpg

Waypoint Download Link

Hope you guys enjoy! Love to hear thoughts of this map! Thank you for your time!-Festuca

• Like 2

You need to provide a download link when submitting a map.

Greetings Psychoduck, and thank you for taking the time to let me know I did not complete all the requirements! Kinda slapping my forehead in embarrassment   :wallbash:  that I forgot the waypoint link!

I do have a question if I may; how may I edit or delete this mistake?

I have surveyed the UI, and went to the help section, and if I read correctly, editing or deleting option might be unavailable  :hope:  

Any suggestions? Thank you for your time! meanwhile   :ball:

Greetings Psychoduck, and thank you for taking the time to let me know I did not complete all the requirements! Kinda slapping my forehead in embarrassment   :wallbash:  that I forgot the waypoint link!

I do have a question if I may; how may I edit or delete this mistake?

I have surveyed the UI, and went to the help section, and if I read correctly, editing or deleting option might be unavailable  :hope:  

Any suggestions? Thank you for your time! meanwhile   :ball:

Just click on "Edit" in the original post.

Then add your waypoint link, save changes, and bam! Now you have a proper map post.

• Like 1

Just click on "Edit" in the original post.

Then add your waypoint link, save changes, and bam! Now you have a proper map post.

To my understanding, as of now this option is not available for me! You see, I am a NOOB to this site, LOL!

Users in the 'New Members' Group have some restrictions. I'm guessing post editing is one of them. Problem solved now however.

Also, nice looking map!

Yes this seems to be the case, zangit! Thank you for the compliment, pleasure to meet you!  :welcome:

You need to provide a download link when submitting a map.

Wait, did one of you gentleman assist me? There is a waypoint link on this submission all of a sudden!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This map submission got of on the wrong foot due to me forgetting the download link! Throughout that hiccup, Zandril was able to take the time, and  download, play, and ended enjoying it enough to feature it! Thank you Zandril!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...