Games that everyone loves but you don't

Zandril

(From least bad to worst)

8. Left 4 Dead 2

Yeah, it got plenty of Game of the Year Awards and I just couldn't see what everyone was so amazed with. While I did enjoy it, I just couldn't see why everyone was obsessed with it. It wasn't that amazing. The animations just weren't good enough to make the game feel more immersive. It's just "okay" in singleplayer. Never played multiplayer though, so perhaps multiplayer is what everyone is raving about.

7. Borderlands 1

While I enjoyed the sequel, the first Borderlands was boring and I didn't find it fun at the least.

6. Gone Home.

I seriously don't get the hype with Gone Home. It got some game of the year awards and I've seen people say it deserves it. Is it original? No, Dear Esther did the whole "walk around and listen to narration" a lot better before it ever came out and The Novelist has a better approach at telling the story of a family at home. I enjoyed those two games, and I didn't like Gone Home. Just what makes this unique?

5. Slender

It's a very basic minimalist game where you get an oversized egg inside a fancy suit chasing you. For what? Maybe he just wants a hug. Is the concept original? No, Amnesia already did it much better before Slender came in. Good concept - poorly executed.

4. MW3 and later CoD games

MW3's ratings were really too high. I found it boring and without the fun that the previous Call of Duty games had. Same goes for every Call of Duty that came after it. Call of Duty really is overdone. Admittedly, I enjoyed the Call of Duty games right before MW3 came in.

3. Angry Birds

Overrated and boring game that somehow got popular. Puzzles don't even require much thought and even if you know what to do, you need to be lucky for your shot to end up just as you envisioned it. Is it original? No, Crush the Castle already did it. The only one that I actually had a bit of fun with was Angry Birds Space. But I got tired of that quickly.

2. Candy Crush Saga

Yet another overrated and boring game that somehow got popular. So you just match up three candies and clear them up? Wow, so original. Nope, Bejeweled did it and perfected the concept long before Candy Crush Saga came in. I have lots of fun with Bejeweled, while Candy Crush Saga bored me. Even worse, Candy Crush is littered with microtransactions and annoying "wait 24 hours before next level" limits. You can't complete the game without paying for it or bombarding your friends with requests to help you, which makes me wonder why on earth people like the game.

1. Facebook games (AKA Annoy Your Friends: The Game)

Really, do I have to explain this? Self explanatory in my opinion.

I'm going to add most of the Genesis games in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. Sure, Sonic is a fun game, but all the others in this collection are dreadful. Golden Axe? Hate it. The hit boxes screw me up all the time. Streets of Rage? Same issue as Golden Axe, those stupid hit boxes. Phantasy Star? Terrible! Vectorman? FFFFF-

That's a dangerous opinion man. I'll concede that Golden Axe has aged but I still enojoy them (give the third a try it fixes a lot of the issues of the first and second ones). Streets of Rage 1 has the same issue (however the music really brings the game up a few notches) however Streets of Rage 2 is probably the best beat em up game ever made and is in my opinion the best game for the Genesis (which is my favorite console).

Gears of War. I understand why people like it, but it's just not my kind of game. While I enjoy it at times, I just couldn't play it for that long. I'm not a big fan of cover-based gameplay, or third-person shooters in general. The gameplay does get kinda monotonous. You hide, then shoot, then hide, then shoot, etc. Also that damn Gnasher Shotgun does get overpowered at times, seeing how cover-based the game is.

Rising storm/ Red Orchestra 2:

Realistic WWII shooter is a but clunky from time to time but it's still a very enjoyable game. It takes a lot of skill to to the right thing in this game, simply running and gunning will get you killed almost instantly and once you get a kill (it feels great to finally get one) it doesn't earn you much more points that playing the objective. Also teamkilling is enabled so you've got to watch out when you're behind enemy lines because you'll be most certainly get shot by you teams firing line. Look up some youtube video's it's fun!

Team fortress 2:

Hear lot's of people complaining about the hats. I think it's just simple and fun!

Here's a new one:

FLAPPY BIRD

This is actually a very mediocre game. Critics agree with me, at least. But the mainstream public loves this. It has never ending gameplay and constant high-scores - the formula for an addicting game. Thus, it's somehow garnered a lot of attention.

However, it's a completely unoriginal and uninspired idea.

- Piou Piou vs. Cactus Clone (Which, itself, is a Blackberry Copter clone)

- Mario sprites
- Name similar to Angry Birds for attention

Not to mention that only basic programming skills were required and the colision detection for the pipes extend a tad bit too far, so it's unfair too.
Don't forget the thousands of ads...*shiver*

These people are giving money to the wrong person...Flappy Bird makes me want to make a rushed, shameless clone myself just so I can earn money in the event it somehow turns out just like Flappy Bird - A lucky success for a terrible game. But I don't, because I can't live with the idea of making such a terrible game.

I don't only hate it for being uninspired and unoriginal, I also hate it because it's glitchy and pointless, and so, it's boring.
  • Like 1

Hello gentlemen/ladies/transvestites

I am curious as to what games you guys do not like/get but everyone else seems to love.

For me, it's Call of Duty (I'm sure a lot of people would back me up on this one.) and Guitar Hero.

I play a little guitar myself but I just can't seem to learn how to play Guitar Hero right.

The Final Fantasy games that are turn-based also bored me a little.

Final Fantasy used to bore me-but then i realised i was playing it wrong...(it was also FF13)And i also hate CoD...

Why not just go outside and play sports? It's much more fun to actually play them, rather than on a video game.

yeah it is i dont know why and how all these sports games are popular since they are terrible and you can play the sport and get fit instead of sitting around all day and playing it with a controller

yeah it is i dont know why and how all these sports games are popular since they are terrible and you can play the sport and get fit instead of sitting around all day and playing it with a controller

Not to mention, they reuse the exact same graphics and gameplay every year and falsely advertise it as "a new game". It's not new, and it's barely a game.

Flappy Bird...

I agree with that as well

Halo: Combat Evolved (prepares flame shield)

I enjoy every other Halo except for Halo Wars, but I just didn't enjoy the game that started it all as much. The levels felt repetitive and were not very fun at all.

that true  to be honest they were I noticed that too they did use the same levels but they reversed the direction you had to travel because it gave you a sense of "purpose" as to why you were covering an area you had already been to but still really?  what reason else would u have aside from that it was a bit repetitive? 

• 10 months later...