Should we have a Say in Halo 5 and 6

Gojira

Shaping The Sequels, Halo 5 and 6  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should have a say in the creation of future Halo games?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Some but not too much
  2. 2. In terms of gameplay where should we have control?

• Balance (weapons,armor abilities/equipment,patches etc)
    • Remakes brought back
    • Map creation (ie:maps that ship with the game, and DLC)
    • Campaign (storytelling, music, characters brought back/killed, locations and ending)
    • Marketing (a more standard marketing ie: Halo 4, Insanely awesome epic marketing ie Halo 3)
    • Modes introduced/taken away (ie: Juggernaut returns, Flood gone)
    • Character customization (armor sets, detail, colors etc)
    • Multiplayer (classic, wargames, elite vs spartan, etc)
  3. 3. If we should have a say how would we contact 343?

• Via internet petition
    • A representative to manage community input
    • Just spamming their email and Waypoint forums
    • Doing nothing
    • Hiring a Sasquatch army to overthrow 343, MS, and to assassinate Bill Gates. (joke)

I was wondering if anyone shared the same views as I, in the field that we should have at least a minor say in the creation/management of future titles in the Reclaimer Trilogy, since we as an xbox community told Microsoft what we didn't want with the Xbox One and they changed it, regardless that is was mainly shaped by money. This led me to think if MS would listen then certainly 343 would, anyway vote and discuss. 

No, fans should never be able to manage a game series.

Giving criticism or suggestions is different, as that doesn't have to actually be taken into consideration.

I didn't really mean manage, but since pretty much everybody wants a ( ie:Halo 3 esque playstyle in terms of campaign, ranking, music etc.)I think we as a general community reach out to 343 and tell them what we do and don't want, understanding full that they have the final say, but letting them know what and what is not acceptable. As difficult as it may seem, we would need a general opinion something quite different then what is going on with everyone just throwing ideas in randomly.

I didn't really mean manage, but since pretty much everybody wants a ( ie:Halo 3 esque playstyle in terms of campaign, ranking, music etc.)I think we as a general community reach out to 343 and tell them what we do and don't want, understanding full that they have the final say, but letting them know what and what is not acceptable. As difficult as it may seem, we would need a general opinion something quite different then what is going on with everyone just throwing ideas in randomly.

Not everyone wants a Halo game similar to Halo 3. Some people like the direction the Halo 4 is going in and some people liked Reach. The Halo community is pretty much divided and we probably won't get much of a say in how Halo 5 turns out because of that.

Not everyone wants a Halo game similar to Halo 3. Some people like the direction the Halo 4 is going in and some people liked Reach. The Halo community is pretty much divided and we probably won't get much of a say in how Halo 5 turns out because of that.

I used Halo 3 just as an example, since that is what I see most commonly on forums, but I do hear where you're coming from. If only we could put aside our differences and come to a general agreement and integrate features that would please either most or all parties (reach fans,halo 2 fans, halo 3 fans, halo 4 fans and CE fans) Also this is my first time setting up a poll, and is the poll working?

Microsoft more than likely changed the DRM cause the PS4 got such a high boost in sales. Plus the polls on Amazon didn't help either. Makes me think they didn't care about us and more about the money. I'd say our complaining had a part in it, but I think Microsoft was paying attention more to the money than us :/

I'd say since they've already been making Halo 5 for a long while now, I don't think they would change anything major. Unless 343 really cares and listens. I would like some Halo 3 esque gameplay, but I still think Halo 5 needs to move on with the gameplay in Halo 4.

Microsoft more than likely changed the DRM cause the PS4 got such a high boost in sales. Plus the polls on Amazon didn't help either. Makes me think they didn't care about us and more about the money. I'd say our complaining had a part in it, but I think Microsoft was paying attention more to the money than us :/

I'd say since they've already been making Halo 5 for a long while now, I don't think they would change anything major. Unless 343 really cares and listens. I would like some Halo 3 esque gameplay, but I still think Halo 5 needs to move on with the gameplay in Halo 4.

I concur

in defence of Microsoft on that they did make the Xbox one to make money you know  :thumbsup:

This Azaxx quote in my sig is proving quite useful.

I see what you mean, but if it were not for companies such as Bungie and 343 listening to their community, their games would have been issue ridden and unplayable in some ways, and the sequels, released or not (meaning Halo 2 and 3, and upcoming Halo 5) wouldn't be as enjoyable.

I see what you mean, but if it were not for companies such as Bungie and 343 listening to their community, their games would have been issue ridden and unplayable in some ways, and the sequels, released or not (meaning Halo 2 and 3, and upcoming Halo 5) wouldn't be as enjoyable.

When it comes to bugs and glitches, by all means, listen to them. Changing weapons back and forth because someone wants to use them wrongly is wrong.