recieved another update about the xbox one....

Oh, well that solves so much, but I wanted to be able to share games for free with ten friends, so we only had to buy one copy of each game. Oh well.

Yeah, looks like everyone complained too much about not being able to do other stuff, so the playing games without the disk is now gone, so the sharing part is now gone. Oh well, would have been nice to not have to let people leave with my disks, so they can scratch them or lose them...

• Like 1

Yeah, looks like everyone complained too much about not being able to do other stuff, so the playing games without the disk is now gone, so the sharing part is now gone. Oh well, would have been nice to not have to let people leave with my disks, so they can scratch them or lose them...

Actually, if you read the link you gave us it says, "In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today." So, you CAN play games without the disc. You just can't sell it, lend it to someone, or trade it, once you've bought it.

Actually, if you read the link you gave us it says, "In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today." So, you CAN play games without the disc. You just can't sell it, lend it to someone, or trade it, once you've bought it.

I'd buy games that dont have free DLC on-disc/I dont really care about online, and things like Halo 5's special edition or Ghosts+Premium or the BF3 special edition, with disc.

what I was getting at was if you purchase the games online then you can't lend them, thus only lending games by letting your disks leave your house, now it looks like you'll have to take disks with you to play at s friends house, too. I kinda liked the friends list and playing your games anywhere without the disk no matter where you are.

I guess not having to connect to internet once a day is way better than a friend playing any and all of your games at any time....guess I will have to buy multiple copies of halo 5 for my family....awesome.

Oh, well that solves so much, but I wanted to be able to share games for free with ten friends, so we only had to buy one copy of each game. Oh well.

But you both wouldn't have been able to play it at the same time anyway if that's what you're getting at. 

• Like 1

But you both wouldn't have been able to play it at the same time anyway if that's what you're getting at.

MS had already put out that two people could play the same game at the same time, but no more than two. This would have been great for me, so my son could play halo with me upstairs after only buying one copy.

I also wonder if the sharing one gold account is gone now, too. Not having to connect to the internet once ever 24 hours is well worth the price of 5 gold accounts and two copies of Halo, right?

MS had already put out that two people could play the same game at the same time, but no more than two. This would have been great for me, so my son could play halo with me upstairs after only buying one copy.

I also wonder if the sharing one gold account is gone now, too. Not having to connect to the internet once ever 24 hours is well worth the price of 5 gold accounts and two copies of Halo, right?

My guess is the sharing of the gold account will be gone as well now.  That was the one thing about all of this that I really liked.  I had no problem with the system having to "check in" every 24 hours, I mean honestly, 90% of people leave it hooked up to the ethernet por.  What they failed to really get across is that the system will do this on its own.  My issues started with sharing games, and the policies surrounding it.  If I want to let a friend borrow a game, then I should be able to do that, and give him the physical copy for him to keep.  

What they were attempting to sell was simply a serial number, a code that once the disc was used on your machine, it is on your machine.  You own the right to play it, but you don't really own it and can do what you please with it, regardless of what they were attempting to say.  Sharing a game with up to 10 "family" members was a great idea, but how was it going to actually work?  They failed to deliver on the details, and people freaked out.

A company as large as MS needs to have a PR department, which I'm sure they do, and they all need to be fired after this debacle.  I don't think there would have been as much outrage over everything if they had simply done a better job of explaining what their system was going to have, include, and do.  Instead, they make stupid remarks like "Well, if you don't have the internet we have a console for you, it's called the XBox 360."

While I am happy MS is changing their tune, and like I've said in other threads, this has definitely put the One back on my list of probable purchases, if they wanted to actually go through with their original ideas and plans, they needed to do a much better job of explaining themselves and why they thought things were a good idea.  Instead they came off sounding like a bunch of pompous :censored: who just wanted to take our money.

My guess is the sharing of the gold account will be gone as well now.  That was the one thing about all of this that I really liked.  I had no problem with the system having to "check in" every 24 hours, I mean honestly, 90% of people leave it hooked up to the ethernet por.  What they failed to really get across is that the system will do this on its own.  My issues started with sharing games, and the policies surrounding it.  If I want to let a friend borrow a game, then I should be able to do that, and give him the physical copy for him to keep.  

What they were attempting to sell was simply a serial number, a code that once the disc was used on your machine, it is on your machine.  You own the right to play it, but you don't really own it and can do what you please with it, regardless of what they were attempting to say.  Sharing a game with up to 10 "family" members was a great idea, but how was it going to actually work?  They failed to deliver on the details, and people freaked out.

A company as large as MS needs to have a PR department, which I'm sure they do, and they all need to be fired after this debacle.  I don't think there would have been as much outrage over everything if they had simply done a better job of explaining what their system was going to have, include, and do.  Instead, they make stupid remarks like "Well, if you don't have the internet we have a console for you, it's called the XBox 360."

While I am happy MS is changing their tune, and like I've said in other threads, this has definitely put the One back on my list of probable purchases, if they wanted to actually go through with their original ideas and plans, they needed to do a much better job of explaining themselves and why they thought things were a good idea.  Instead they came off sounding like a bunch of pompous :censored: who just wanted to take our money.

Maybe this bit of actual truth about MS's 'sharing' program will make you feel less of a loss.

"When your family member accesses any of your games, they’re placed into a special demo mode. This demo mode in most cases would be the full game with a 15-45 minute timer and in some cases an hour...When the time limit was up they would automatically be prompted to the Marketplace so that they may order it if liked the game... The difference between the family sharing and the typical store demo is that your progress is saved as if it was the full game, and the data that was installed for that shared game doesn’t need to be erased when they purchase the full game!"
  • Like 2

far as that goes my friend thinks they are going to try and slip everything back in  i frankly dont think they would be that stupid

But we're talking about MS here, the ones who attempted to do this in the first place.  I think your friend is correct.  Over time, spread out, it will all eventually be slipped back in through updates.  But that's just my opinion.

But we're talking about MS here, the ones who attempted to do this in the first place.  I think your friend is correct.  Over time, spread out, it will all eventually be slipped back in through updates.  But that's just my opinion.

seems that way ...

think about it ms had plans for it in the first place so if enough people buy it ms will try and put it back maybe or slowly do it maybe so no one notices before it is to late :thumbsup:

Dang bro you are like the Xbox One Wizard Updater xD. I agree with Caboose this actually really changed my mind about xbox one by a far. I was actually thinking about buying a new xbox 360 but, I will cross that out and pre-order an xbox one :D.

Thanks for the information Doc.