Don Mattrick on Xbox One Internet Requirement

c90605777baac2bf93c489a72fbebc2b.jpeg

With an internet connection being a very important requirement for the xbox not everyone will have a stable connection or may not have any internet at all. Microsoft's Xbox chief Don Mattrick's solution to this is to stick with the Xbox 360 as he said during an E3 interview.

Credit to Absolute Dog for finding this

MATTRICK: "Some of the advantages that you get, of having, a box that is designed to use an online state, so, that, uh, to me is the future-proof choice, and I think people, could've arguably gone the other way if we didn't do it and fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360."

KEIGHLEY: "Right, so stick with 360, that's your message if you don't [inaudible] like it?"

MATTRICK: "Well, if you have zero access to the internet, that is an offline device, I mean, seriously, when I read the blogs, and thought about who's really the most impacted, there was a person who said 'hey, I'm on a nuclear sub,' and I don't even know what it means to be on a nuclear sub but I've gotta imagine it's not easy to get an internet connection."

KEIGHLEY: "[inaudible] playing call of duty multiplayer"

MATTRICK: "Hey, I can empathize, if I was on a nuclear sub, I'd be disappointed."

E3 interview

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 3

I watched this video soon after it was released and the comment is amongst the many grievances I currently have with M$. They care nothing about the average consumer and explicitly say they don't give a #@\*!!

XboxOneHundredDollarsMoreThanThePS4 has no business on the market and I refuse to purchase. :thumbsup: