How to share games

Is not JL

The digital age has begun and we are and we are hopeless to stop it

If you honestly believe that, then you are right, it is hopeless.  But if you feel that there is a chance, then voice your opinion now.  I mean, think about it.  If I am MS, and I design this console, what do I expect my console to do?  I expect it to sell.  If it doesn't, what do I do then?  I look at my competitors console, and if it is selling better than mine, I look at the differences between the two, and not just spec wise, all of the differences.  And hopefully, if this plays out the way I'm hoping it will play out, MS will back down from their stance and cave to the consumer.  But we'll see.

Well that's one way to look at it lol

I like the idea of game sharing, now if my friend doesn't have the game I've been wanting to play online with him I can just give him one of my 10 "copies" 

I had this discussion with a friend of mine.  If I can designate 10 people as "family" and they can all use my stuff, and it doesn't matter who they are, I can just designate them "family" then great.  I may actually end up with a One.  But I highly doubt that is going to be the case.  Chances are the system will determine who is "family" based on some constraint, most likely time spent playing on a particular console.  

And hopefully, if this plays out the way I'm hoping it will play out, MS will back down from their stance and cave to the consumer.  But we'll see.

Okay, wow, that panned out a lot quicker than I assumed it would.  O.o;

@FZDW11 I hope that's not the case, if so I will be greatly disappointed by MS.

To be honest, I hoped that wouldn't be the case either.  And if they actually announced how it would have worked, it may have changed my mind on the console.  But it appears we don't have to worry about that now, since along with all of the other changes the "family" share thing is also gone now.

The image about ps4 and sharing games implies that the xbox one family sharing feature allowed more than one person to play the same game, which is doesn't, if you share a game digitally with the family sharing thing those two people can't play the game at the same time.

Microsoft's real idea of 'sharing' lol.

"When your family member accesses any of your games, they’re placed into a special demo mode. This demo mode in most cases would be the full game with a 15-45 minute timer and in some cases an hour...When the time limit was up they would automatically be prompted to the Marketplace so that they may order it if liked the game... The difference between the family sharing and the typical store demo is that your progress is saved as if it was the full game, and the data that was installed for that shared game doesn’t need to be erased when they purchase the full game!"

• Like 2