not happy with halo

nomorehalo

I love halo, but I simply cannot stand some of the things the current game has now.

Things I don't like about halo 4:

searching system

slayer pro why does this game type not have its own section, and also why does it have radar. Slayer pro is not supposed to have radar this makes it less pro.

there does not seem to be any tanks in multiplayer now??? more of a question I guess.

sometimes the game does not replace team mates that quit so your playing an unfair game of 7 vs 3 or some number like this.

game types like rocket hogs and race needs to come back to halo 4, I don't just want to be competitive I want to have fun playing halo.

the forge in halo is way to limited needs a huge improvement

I just started playing halo 4 again after I quit for a few months and I'm already wanting to quit again. These reasons above are the main problems I have with halo 4, I really don't want to leave halo 4 but these problems will keep me from playing halo 4 and most likely the next one also. :no

Searching system. What about it? Seems fine to me.

Slayer Pro has only been introduced recently. Plus there is throw down and soon legendary

I don't remember pro having radar

Tanks. Scorpions were removed from Reach (and 3 apart from heavies maps), nothing new. Mantis is more balanced

The game only lets players join the game under certain conditions. This is to stop people joking a game where the enemy team is 2-3 points off winning.

It has been said there are NO plans to bring back old game types. I'm annoyed as you, but oh we'll.

What about forge is limited? The item limit I agree on with you, and lack of useable environment on Forge Island, but it's still very good.

I love halo, but I simply cannot stand some of the things the current game has now.

Things I don't like about halo 4:

searching system

slayer pro why does this game type not have its own section, and also why does it have radar. Slayer pro is not supposed to have radar this makes it less pro.

there does not seem to be any tanks in multiplayer now??? more of a question I guess.

sometimes the game does not replace team mates that quit so your playing an unfair game of 7 vs 3 or some number like this.

game types like rocket hogs and race needs to come back to halo 4, I don't just want to be competitive I want to have fun playing halo.

I just started playing halo 4 again after I quit for a few months and I'm already wanting to quit again. These reasons above are the main problems I have with halo 4, I really don't want to leave halo 4 but these problems will keep me from playing halo 4 and most likely the next one also. :no

halo did mess up. with the matchmaking. oh how we all miss the days it had social and ranked. XD

• Like 1

Slayer pro does not have radar, or at least it never has when i have played on it. 

As for tanks i do miss them, although wraiths still exist in dominion.

As for fun game types team action sack has a few although maybe not the exact types you mentioned.

As for the searching system im not entirely sure what you mean

searching system

game types like rocket hogs and race needs to come back to halo 4, I don't just want to be competitive I want to have fun playing halo.

I just started playing halo 4 again after I quit for a few months and I'm already wanting to quit again. These reasons above are the main problems I have with halo 4, I really don't want to leave halo 4 but these problems will keep me from playing halo 4 and most likely the next one also.  :no

Searching - JIP sucks

Slayer Pro - It doesn't have radar - or rather, the radar there doesn't show enemies.

Tanks are either paper or OP. Dunno why 343 can't seem to find a balance but I think it's because of all the other sandbox elements that 343 will refuse to remove or modify no matter what. Thats why there's an abundance. (Oh, and the maps are bad)

Alright, more about JIP.

First off, WTFrick do they have a quit-ban if they have JIP? Its almost like they knew that their population would go to 3% of the original population....

Rockethogs and Race are gametypes that wont be coming back because 343 removed the gametype itself in favor of Dominion which is slow and Grifball which we already had. Bomb went as well, remember?

Yeah, Halo 4 is pretty messed up. I only play it really for customs; I can't stand the multiplayer. I actually prefer Cod even though that BO2 is bad as well.

Dang.

searching system

1. what about the searching system? the only thing i dont like is, if the players found for big team is 15, it has to restart search
  2. played pro once, no radar was there
  3. if your playing meltdown or longbow then there already was no tanks in matchmaking. however, i havent seen exile appear so i cant tell you if the tank was removed or moved somewhere else. if you want tanks, play dominion and hope that your either at the start of the match or your team is holding a base with a tank. for instance, on vortex, capture either a or c. for exile, capture c
  4. not sure there but teammates come and go all the time. in a 4 v 4 match in action sack, my other 3 teammates left making it a 4 v 1. after 5 deaths, 3 more came.
  5. race was never added from halo 4's launch. what makes you think it will come before the halo 5 launch? until it comes or someone makes a popular multi team race substitute, you will just have to go play reach's multi team. it doesnt have to be competivite as long as your having fun and enjoying the match
  6. have you tried forge island....? im not exactly sure what you mean by "limited forge"

Why does people keep hating halo?

awsome line

Wait... Are you saying that you are not satisfied with Halo 4, or Halo in general? Halo 4 is not the best I'll admit, but 343i apologized, Hired Bravo, released CSR, created Forge Island exactly the way forgers wanted since Halo 3 and they released it for free, they also made over Five Title Updates, over six monthly updates, and countless weekly updates, plus they did the weapon tuning according to the small feedback from the minority of the Halo community on the Waypoint Forums, now they are considering doing Spartan Ops Season 2, and making more DLC, plus they promised to do way better in Halo 5, so please don't give up on Halo just yet...

If you made Halo 4 and no one liked it, but you knew how to make Halo 5 the best game ever, would you want fans to give up on you on your FIRST attempt at making a Halo game? Give 343 a chance to redeem themselves.

;)

• Like 2

I hate to say it, but I haven't played Halo 4 since January for way more reasons than you just listed. It just isn't the same. The overwhelming feeling of nostalgia sinks deep when thinking about Halo 2 and Halo 3 multiplayer. Halo 4 just didn't hit the nail on the head for me.

Also, I'm getting tired of coming to these forums and seeing forum member _______ list their top 5 things they want tweaked in the game. It's not going to happen. I used to make lists of things that could be improved as well, but lo and behold, 343i is in it for themselves.That was proven when Halo 4 was created, in hopes of attracting "casuals" who were defaulting to CoD for careless play. I care too much to even contribute my ideas towards the better of Halo. In addition, it's overly impossible to custom-tailor a video game for one's personal preferences (this is why adaptation is necessary).

Call me selfish (for lack of a better word), but after becoming increasingly angry with this game due to its lack of addictive properties, I believe it was merely the 1-50 skill levels which had me to compelled to play Halo and be a member of the community.

Halo 5 campaign will be one for the record books, but I truly hope its multiplayer pulls me back into the Halo scene - for good.

Play Reach. Its superfun compared to Halo4.

Might just take your offer m8 :)

Edited by Hᴜᴍᴘsᴛʏʟᴇs
  • Like 1

I myself have loved halo since the getgo but the entire map selection for 4 is just horrible i rather play h2 or 3 if i could i wouldplay  2 but the server is long gone.  Ive waited for every map pack dlc andso far is none compare to the mapz even on the disc  really depressing....  will there be any new dlc besides these three or have you given up  already  cuz blackops 2 is still dropping new dlc and that came the same time as halo4. I swore back in the day i would never change to cod over halo but its getting to a point now.

• 3 weeks later...

I myself have loved halo since the getgo but the entire map selection for 4 is just horrible i rather play h2 or 3 if i could i wouldplay  2 but the server is long gone.  Ive waited for every map pack dlc andso far is none compare to the mapz even on the disc  really depressing....  will there be any new dlc besides these three or have you given up  already  cuz blackops 2 is still dropping new dlc and that came the same time as halo4. I swore back in the day i would never change to cod over halo but its getting to a point now.

I'm in the same boat. It's nice to see 5 with run at 60fps but I swear I wont play a minute of multiplayer if there is still a jackpack. That thing completely ruins slayer for me. To me the reason why Halo was so great was that it takes skill to play. The pistol 3 shot or the BR 4 shot took skill to land while straifing and jumping. Now you can get kills skill free by flying through the air and holding down the trigger on the AR or surpressor. It completely ruins the dynamic of the game imo. I realize there are people who disagree with me on this, and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just realize you're in the minority and this is one the reasons why Halo is getting CRUSHED by COD.

Another would be the unlockable items. Not the items themselves (who doesn't love new armor?) but the grind you have to go through to unlock them. I know the hardcore players will go through it, but again sadly they're the minority. Most players want to feel they're accomplishing something a little faster.

Wait... Are you saying that you are not satisfied with Halo 4, or Halo in general? Halo 4 is not the best I'll admit, but 343i apologized, Hired Bravo, released CSR, created Forge Island exactly the way forgers wanted since Halo 3 and they released it for free, they also made over Five Title Updates, over six monthly updates, and countless weekly updates, plus they did the weapon tuning according to the small feedback from the minority of the Halo community on the Waypoint Forums, now they are considering doing Spartan Ops Season 2, and making more DLC, plus they promised to do way better in Halo 5, so please don't give up on Halo just yet...

If you made Halo 4 and no one liked it, but you knew how to make Halo 5 the best game ever, would you want fans to give up on you on your FIRST attempt at making a Halo game? Give 343 a chance to redeem themselves.

;)

i think that this post is great. 343i has done so much since the release of the game and this shows that they still care about their fan base. They are listening to what the community wants, but people still complain and are never satisfied. Give them a chance to learn from their mistakes, and a don't just keep burying them under a pile of crap. Give them some respectful criticism and at least provide some suggestions to improve the game. Saying "this map isn't good" will not solve any problems. Saying "this map is not good, because because the power weapon spawns are closer to one team's initial spawn. They should be balanced out more in the middle of the map" is a much better way to accomplish something. They need something to work with, not just a mailbox full of "i don't like it", "i want this", "get rid of this", etc.  

343i has to achieve some very high expectations because of the standards that bungie set, and this is very hard to do. Build them up with some confidence and show that you have some hope in them. Tearing down one's self esteem will only lead to more problems and will stunt improvements that could come in the future. It was a big responsibility to pick up on where bungie left off in the halo series, so at least respect them for having the courage to do that

Edited by Victory Element

;)

nice post. let me see if i can summarize

• released csr
  • release a perfect forge island for free
  • 5 title updates
  • 6 monthly updates
  • countless weekly updates (27 up to this point; 28 in a few hours)
  • weapon tuning from a feedback group
  • planning to continue with spartan ops
  • making way more dlc
  • and a promise to do better with H5

that right?

everything has its flaws. why look out for the flaws and let them ruin your game rather than looking out for the pros [features, not players,] and enhancing your play