Your opinion on prometheans?

King Fude Poof

just asking to see if anyone shares my disgust with the play design of the prometheans.

For example, I think there isn't really a strategy on killing them besides pumping them full of bullets. In an attempt to make a  challenging npc opponent I feel 343 just health  tanked a badly designed character and threw their hands up and said 'done! '(promptly after giving them the blasted ability to teleport too).  If you played the mission "forerunner" on solo legendary, you'd most likely have ran out of ammo fighting the newly introduced prometheans.

I also  feel the prometheans aren't nearly as real and personal as fighting covie. The best way I can describe it; It's too sci-fi. I don't believe 343 spent enough time really developing an antagonist that you want to fight. Almost as if they pulled this character design out of a box and celebrated in a way to continue the halo franchise. in halo 5, all I want to do is fight  smarter, cover-taking covies. Anyone else feel the same or am I alone in this boat of disappointment?  

Halo 4 didn't give me a reason to hate the Didact and his Prometheans. They just appear and shoot at me, then shoot at the Covenant -- who also shoot at me -- and finally they stop shooting at each other and shoot at me. The Didact does some stuff in his spooky sphere then runs away to his ship where he does more stuff including blasting New Phoenix. Zapping a city that's in a different country than me that I have no personal attachment to doesn't make me dislike the Prometheans. To me, they're just there.

The Didact is probably the worst antagonist I've encountered in a video game.

• Like 1

I like them. The design, aesthetics, Is nice, but they do act like H2 brutes.

Hopefully 343 does what Bungie did to brutes in H3, makes them interesting, fun characters to fight that feel realistic.

• Like 1

Halo 4 didn't give me a reason to hate the Didact and his Prometheans. They just appear and shoot at me, then shoot at the Covenant -- who also shoot at me -- and finally they stop shooting at each other and shoot at me. The Didact does some stuff in his spooky sphere then runs away to his ship where he does more stuff including blasting New Phoenix. Zapping a city that's in a different country than me that I have no personal attachment to doesn't make me dislike the Prometheans. To me, they're just there.

The Didact is probably the worst antagonist I've encountered in a video game.

Something tells me you never paid attention to the story.

Plus, does it matter who he zapped? Still innocent people, not to mention still Earth. If that doesn't make you rush to help out, nothing will.

Yes, the Prometheans are boring to fight. They're unintelligent bullet sponges with a few interesting (but predictable) tricks. But that's gameplay. In story and design they're great.

When they first said the Prometheans would be the primary ememy, I was like: eh. But after playing it has turned into ugh. I don't like them at all. They aren't even that fun to fight. I'm really not even a fan of the lore. The campaign bored me. This is horrible considering I bet every other halo as soon as it came out. Playing hours on end highly entertained asking for more and wanting to see how the story ended. I never had an experience like that in halo 4