Player Count: 8 (4 v 4)

Weapon Set:

• Rockets (180s)
  • 2x Sniper (120s)
  • 2x Shotgun (90s)
  • 2x Needler ( 60s)
  • 2x BR, DMR, LR, Carbine (30s)
  • 4x Frags, Plasmas, Pulse (30s)

Stronghold is a rockets/dual snipers competitive map that draws inspiration from Sanctuary and Onslaught. Stronghold follows a two base - two tower - two hut design, with the huts providing an alternative power position to counter the towers, ring two, and the opposite hut. Stronghold hosts a diverse selection of sightlines, from curving lines of sight around the main structures to long, horizontal and diagonal sniper sightlines through the middle structure. Rockets drop bottom mid, Snipers drop in the trees to the right off spawn, and Shotguns are placed in the cave to the left off spawn.

Each team has a base, hut, cave, and trees that they can call their own. Sniper and rocket control is key on Stronghold. Instead of putting snipers in the hut like Sanctuary did, I placed snipers in the trees/rocks. This sniper location is very vulnerable and contestable by the other team, and forces the sniper to work his way back into a power position instead of being handed one.

iFxBIrpOntXwy.jpg

ibn4TqHfYn7BNB.jpg

iKjoyO5BtXHLJ.jpg

• Like 2

Changes:

• Map verticality decreased. All three middle structures have been lowered by .4 units. This change doesn't sound like much but it improves sightlines and combat significantly. 
  • Snipers moved to the trees.
  • Shotguns added into each shotty tunnel.
  • Pulse grenades added to each hut.
  • Lift arc improved
  • Rock ramps in green/gold tower replaced with Ramp XLs + rock trim.
  • Increased cover and offensive capability of the bases with the inclusion of lips that can be used for cover, acrobatics, peak shots and head glitches.
  • Spawning system refined and improved. Anti respawn zones placed over the most vulnerable tree spawns + many other spawning adjustments and spawn placements.

Is it me, or is this video walkthrough not working? Just curious! Either way it does not brake me from being curios of this map! I be checking it out mahn!

The walk through video is still working on my end. That walk through showcases an outdated version of Stronghold however and I have another gameplay that will be sufficient until I can get an HD gameplay captured next week.

Stronghold was selected as one of 5 maps to be showcased during the "Top Forge Maps of the Month" episode of the Community Forge Test Stream over at Beyond Entertainment. The stream hosts decided to run v4 Team Slayer and the game came to an intense finish at 50-49. The quality of the video is low due to the content being ripped from the stream, but this will do until I can get some better footage. 

[media=600x500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9TDfycUCvM[/media]

Thanks again for running customs last night Psychoduck. You were right that the Needlers had too much ammo. I must have deleted the weapon at one point in forge and replaced it without adjusting the clip count or respawn timer. Thanks for pointing that out last night. After our playtests last night I also completely scrapped that terrible middle structure and replaced it with a rock. Bottom middle is now far less cramped and feels 100% better. Stronghold is officially at a v2 with that change to the middle, so please download the map from my fileshare again if you have any further interest in it.

Thanks,

Fire

Stronghold v2

[media=600x500]

[/media]

ibkQKjYsCJ4hdM.jpg

The walk through video is still working on my end. That walk through showcases an outdated version of Stronghold however and I have another gameplay that will be sufficient until I can get an HD gameplay captured next week.

Stronghold was selected as one of 5 maps to be showcased during the "Top Forge Maps of the Month" episode of the Community Forge Test Stream over at Beyond Entertainment. The stream hosts decided to run v4 Team Slayer and the game came to an intense finish at 50-49. The quality of the video is low due to the content being ripped from the stream, but this will do until I can get some better footage. 

[media=600x500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9TDfycUCvM[/media]

I forget to get back to this thread! I didnt give up, and the walkthrough loaded up!! I appreciate you loading this video again so I may see it, thanks! Just ends up it was on my end! ERPS! This map by the screenshots and walkthrough looks very clean! I am planning on downloading this and playing it in my next rotation! 

I forget to get back to this thread! I didnt give up, and the walkthrough loaded up!! I appreciate you loading this video again so I may see it, thanks! Just ends up it was on my end! ERPS! This map by the screenshots and walkthrough looks very clean! I am planning on downloading this and playing it in my next rotation! 

Awesome man. Let me know what you think once you get a game on it.

And that's a wrap. Stronghold for Team Slayer, CTF and Extraction is complete.

[media=650x500]

[/media]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...