Is the Xbox One worth getting just for Halo 5?

The smartest move to do would be to just wait. There's no rush. Like how can you decide if your not going to get a console if the creators of the console haven't told you much? Problem sloved. Just wait. It's gonna be a while.  :ice: 

Agreed. I plan to wait at least 1-2 years just to see how things unravel. Then my true decision will be made

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going to wait.  I feel as though Halo is not going to make a huge sale as they think they are, due to the outrageous pricing of the Xbox One.  I'm pretty sure people would not want to waist around 400 dollars on a new console when the 360's work and operate just fine.  Am I correct or not?  I've never had any issues with my 360 yet, and I have had it for about 4 years now.  In the next year or so after Halo 5 has been released, hopefully Halo will come around and decide to make copies for the 360 (They are missing out on some good sales!).  You can do a lot with ~ 400 dollars!!  I certainly would save that $$$ for something far more valuable instead of dumping it down the drain. 

That's my opinion about Halo 5 and Xbox One.

• Like 1

Xbox One isn't bad... but it's not good enough, since you always have a (cheaper and slightly better) alternative: PS4.. Halo 5 looks amazing....I had to get over that, too. I ended up getting the PS4, and I don't regret it.  Killzone is good, too. Sure, I know it isn't Halo. But... do you NEED Halo for a great gaming experience? We all know... that the answer is NO. I have CoD, AC4, and some more games. They're amazing. Mass Effect 4 will be on PS4, which was also a killer exclusive franchise on Xbox. I have no doubt that Microsoft will lower the price on the Xbox One. No doubt at all, by E3 2014, it will happen. If you want a console, get the PS4 right now. Halo 5 isn't out anyway... at least not for another year. You have no chance of feeling bad for a year. And if you want to switch after the price drop, just sell the PS4 around E3 on any local website, or on eBay (but eBay takes money away from you).

Do waht you feel is better for you, but that's all I can say, as a tactic from my personality and logic.

• Like 1

Xbox One isn't bad... but it's not good enough, since you always have a (cheaper and slightly better) alternative: PS4.. Halo 5 looks amazing....I had to get over that, too. I ended up getting the PS4, and I don't regret it.  Killzone is good, too. Sure, I know it isn't Halo. But... do you NEED Halo for a great gaming experience? We all know... that the answer is NO. I have CoD, AC4, and some more games. They're amazing. Mass Effect 4 will be on PS4, which was also a killer exclusive franchise on Xbox. I have no doubt that Microsoft will lower the price on the Xbox One. No doubt at all, by E3 2014, it will happen. If you want a console, get the PS4 right now. Halo 5 isn't out anyway... at least not for another year. You have no chance of feeling bad for a year. And if you want to switch after the price drop, just sell the PS4 around E3 on any local website, or on eBay (but eBay takes money away from you).

Do waht you feel is better for you, but that's all I can say, as a tactic from my personality and logic.

I will poop on you if you ever say the PS4 is better. 

The Xbox One and PS4 are both gaming systems made for different gamers. You cannot compare them because at their core they are both fundmentally different. While both are gaming platforms the experience of using them is different. They are both unique the PS4 is not superior to the Xbox and the Xbox One is not superior to the PS4. I understand this is your opinion but you should not be supporting any console being superior. Consoles are a medium for which gamers can play the games they want. They are not a tool for which to promote discussions on which is better. 

The PS4 is cheaper but it is not better. Both are amazing because both systems provide unique gaming experiences to the user.

Remember just please avoid using words like "better" when discussing your opinion because no console will ever be better than the other. The experience you had could have been more enjoyable/better but the actual system can not(Unless you're stating that the PS4 has better hardware or that the Xbox One has the better camera peripheral then the situation in which you used the word is different.)

Also 

" But... do you NEED Halo for a great gaming experience? We all know... that the answer is NO"

That is your opinion. So please never say "We all know" because everyone has a different view on the subject. 

I had to rant about this I am sorry the inner gamer inside of me is tired of these "zomg console Z is better than console U" If you enjoy the PS4 more that is fine but remember that the experience for you is better. I just want to make sure that we all know I am talking about the actual physical systems. 

• Like 2

Here's some gaming mathematics:

XBO & PS4 > WiiU

XBO = PS4

XBO + Halo > PS4

XBO + Halo = PS4 + Planetside 2

XBO + Halo + Titanfall > PS4 + Planetside 2 + Blacklight: Retribution + Killzone

XBO + Dead Rising 3 > PS4 + inFamous: Second Son

Battlefield 4 early DLC + CoD: Ghosts early DLC = Destiny early content

XBL > PSN

XBO = 3 points ahead

Wondering why I used Planetside 2 and Blacklight: Retribution as comparisons? Even though they're free games, which is nice, they both include a heap of microtransactions. They both also contain similar elements to Halo Xbox One and Titanfall. However, Halo and Titanfall are outstanding full-priced games. Killzone: Shadow Fall is very mediocre. Although it has nice graphics, the gameplay is very stale and too similar to other games. This evens out with Ryse: Son of Rome's disappointment. Both only really show off the console's graphics capabilities, rather than have unique gameplay. By observing the two, you can see that the graphics are pretty even, so don't fall for the whole 'Playstation 4 has way better graphics than Xbox One'.

The maths is based solely on my opinion, but I'm sure you see the logic behind it. For only $100 more (or $20 in Australia), you get a better camera, a better online service and better exclusive games - at least until the end of next year.

• Like 1

Lets get to the point buying a Xbox one just for one game ...

Halo is not worth it at all one game should not decide what console you should get you should consider what both offer and what one you like more

Do you want a multimedia box or a Dedicated gaming machine ?:)

I believe I had stated this in a previous forum, but if there releasing the Xbox one with all this hype, such as the "every 2 minutes" advertisements, then there's got to be SOMETHING wrong with it. the Xbox 360 being a perfect example of how much we were screwed by the defective (albeit quite welcome) video game giveaway pyramid scheme that is mountain dew's "every 2 minutes" deals.

Lets get to the point buying a Xbox one just for one game ...

Halo is not worth it at all one game should not decide what console you should get you should consider what both offer and what one you like more

Do you want a multimedia box or a Dedicated gaming machine ? :)

That same argument applies to people who want to get the PS4 just for Killzone

Let people buy what they want. I want an X1 for Halo so what? You want a PS4 for some game you want so what? We're both gamers it doesn't matter

Here's some gaming mathematics:

XBO = 3 points ahead

No Gryffin you're mathematics are wrong you get an F+

The Xbox One is not better than the PS4 and the PS4 is not better than the Xbox One

Let people buy what they want. I want an X1 for Halo so what? You want a PS4 for some game you want so what? We're both gamers it doesn't matter

The Xbox One is not better than the PS4 and the PS4 is not better than the Xbox One

A non believer! Stone the non believer!

Xbox One master race!

:troll:

• Like 1

What I am posting is one game should not be the only deciding factor on why you brought that Console there Consoles are expensive and this is not 2006 you cannot just throw money around some of there factors are ...

Excusive Games  

Horsepower

Are you're friends buying it ?

The controller

and many more ! :)

What I am posting is one game should not be the only deciding factor on why you brought that Console there Consoles are expensive and this is not 2006 you cannot just throw money around some of there factors are ...

Excusive Games  

Horsepower

Are you're friends buying it ?

The controller

and many more ! :)

If you're really going to add all those factors then might as well buy a PC because it wins in all of those.(Except for friends)

I agree consoles should never be bought on the decision for one game but guess what people do that and its ok. My point still stands no console is better than the other. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm REALLY torn on this, especially because I wanted to be one of those people who is playing from Day 1. I'm not even sure of the current state of the XB1 after all that was changed after the disastrous release. Also, I just got my 360 about two years ago. I have so much hope for Halo 5, it's a shame that I probably won't end up getting it.

Yes Bnus that may be true but PC gaming has its own flaws as well

1 you're PC may not be powerful enough to make the game run on you're PC

2 The pc money trap ( you upgrade you're PC for no reason )

3 Some devs don't like PCs or put rubbish ports on it

4 accessibility

That's are the 4 I can think of right now. :)  

i would say no cos it is just one game and if i dont like the game i have a £500 xbox one not being used cos im not really interested in the other games apart for destiny and titanfall which are coming out on the 360 anyway 

It's bound to get cheaper down the line, I don't know when Halo 5 comes out but it won't be out for a while. Xbox One will go down in price and that's the best time to get it. But, as stated above it's all down to how much you love Halo, how much you love what the Xbox One is offering and if you have any interest in the games they've shown you (Exclusives wise).

It's 100$ more because of the Kinect. I've heard people say really good stuff about it. It IS way better than the original. It's worth it to me.

Not to mention if you're interested in motion capture the Kinect functions as a very cheap and reliable motion capture tool. 

Bnus Kinect being bundled in the Xbox one is really a mixed bag

I really cannot find any value in it besides plugging it so I do not have to type in codes for stuff but apart from that I find no value in it the games are boring and are really only good for a quick family game once and that is it hardly worth the 100 more if you ask me but others would beg to differ others would  fine value in it but not me. :)