Is the Xbox One worth getting just for Halo 5?

Ultimately, it's down to two simple factors: how much you love Halo, and how much you dislike the Xbox One.

If you weren't at the very least happy with how Halo 4 turned out, I can't recommend an Xbox One. A console is not something cheap that can just be bought on a whim for most people, and considering we don't know anything about Halo 5 yet, we have no idea just how good it's going to be. If you're buying a console even though you don't like it or think there are better alternatives just because it has one game, would you still be happy with your choice if that game turned out not to be great?

Make the assumption that you're going to like Halo 5 about as much as you liked Halo 4, whether that means you love it, hate it, or are somewhere in between. Would you have been happy if you'd bought an Xbox One and Halo 4 had been a launch title, or would you have regretted it?

If you don't think the Xbox One is going to be very good, you shouldn't rely on Halo 5 being so amazing that it will make you stop caring about the system's problems. That said, the best idea of all is to just wait until the consoles have been launched, and then make a decision based on feedback from friends and people whose opinions you value and trust who've actually had contact with the systems you're considering.

• Like 9

To me? Yes.

I never buy used games, and I rarely even buy any games period.

I always have access to internet connections.

I am a fan of Xbox Live, and its media apps.

I am into all the new features of the Xbox One.

I love my 360 and I think it has graphics and audio quality good enough for me, so the fact the Xbox One is even better is great.

I love Forza and Halo.

I think Halo 5 alone is worth getting the console for.

I thought the Kinect 1.0 was cool, but I think the Kinect 2.0 is even better.

I like the style of the Console.

And I know it will only get better over time...

So if I could afford a launch day console right now... I would go with the PS4. BUT I will eventually get the Xbox One, once the game library for the console expands, and they fix all the bugs/glithes, and then when they inevitably release a smaller, thinner, lighter weight, cheaper, better version of the Xbox One and the Kinect 2.5...

• Like 2

just wait to buy the xbox one if no one buys then all those features that will mess up future generations might be gone. all the stuff xbox has added the world is not ready considering more then half of the world doesn't have internet. This might have worked in about 20-40 years but not now. when the executive tells you buy a 360 cause you can't get internet is pure ignorance. i will wait to buy a xbox just because if xbox becomes popular then everyone will realize that is the new format for how games are.. Need to be online and when the xbox one closes all your games and data is gone and you move on to the next one just like a mmorpg. soon after movies and music will find a way to do these kinda features which is stupid.

wait a few months you know xbox will launch with millions of bugs.. Once sales are down they will give in because we are in control not them.

Honestly, Halo is my life.

Even so, the Xbox One isn't THAT bad. PS4 and Xbox One are practically on the same level now, with online fees and all. I feel the Xbox is a much more social console, and it has better looking exclusives; new and old. For example:

-Halo 5 (or whatever its intended to be called)

-Deadrising 3 (great open-world zombie game, could compete with Last of Us)

-Sunset Overdrive (not a freaking clue what it is, but the trailer looked great)

-Forza (er meh gerd... the graphics)

-Ryse: Son of Rome (spectacular visuals, cool-looking combat)

-Quantum Break (dem..... GRAPHICS)

-Titanfall (looks spectacular; Crysis/Battlefield graphics, FPS with parkour, and... first person mechs! *-*)

We also get all the Battlefield 4 DLC earlier.

The verdict: Buy it. You'll regret it later on when all your XBL friends are talking about these amazing titles. I can't think of many outstanding Playstation titles, other than Infamous: Second Son.

Hope this helps. <3

I'll prob get the One just for Halo 5.

Dead Rising 3 seems interesting since the Kinect will be used by Zombies to literally hear you scream so they know you're there.

I never thought of that before and yes this seems like a good selling point of the Xbox one itself I did not know of :thumbsup:

Eventually, I will be getting the Xbox One. Regardless, if it's just for Halo 5 or whatever other reason. Xbox is my console of choice. Sure the new Xbox might have some cons to it, but so does the playstation. I don't know about you, but I'm sticking to Xbox.

• Like 1

The only downside to the Xbox one is that its $100 more than the ps4. Other than that its all just preference

After the reversal of the DRM issues, this pretty much sums it all up.  While spec wise, the PS4 is the more powerful console (not by much, mind you), technically speaking the PS3 was more powerful than the 360, and we all know how that turned out.

The real issue now in deciding, while preference does play a large part, is what happens if MS decides to try and implement these features later by changing their terms of service?  

After the reversal of the DRM issues, this pretty much sums it all up.  While spec wise, the PS4 is the more powerful console (not by much, mind you), technically speaking the PS3 was more powerful than the 360, and we all know how that turned out.

The real issue now in deciding, while preference does play a large part, is what happens if MS decides to try and implement these features later by changing their terms of service?  

The PS3 had some wonky architecture. Both consoles right now have similar set ups though.

However only Sony exclusives could potentially look better than Xbox.

If they bring down the price in a few years and fix all the issues I might consider getting it. Nothing says success like 60% failure rating, that's right 360 I'm looking at you.