XCOM: Declassified Debriefings

D-38 Boss

I wasn't sure if I should put this here, because it's a member created work, or in Other Games, because it's not Halo related, so if I've made a mistake, would a Mod please move this to the appropriate forum?

Other than that, Welcome to my new writing project! :awesome:

Here's the deal, I've been playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown for a while, and I love it. So I had this idea a while back:

The commander must receive reports about his missions, right? (RIGHT?!?!?)

So I decided I'd write de-breifings to my missions.

Now you may be asking: "BUT BOOOS? WAT DOO DAT MAEN?" Because apparently I think you talk like that <_< No offense...

This means, as I do my current play-through of XCOM, I'll write real reports of my missions, along with some in between stuff, such as Commander's Logs, Personal journals, Radio Logs, and if the inevitable occurs, Eulogies for my soldiers.

Which means, everything you're about to read, is a creative play-by-play of what ACTUALLY happens when I play.

ENJOY!

MISSION 1

Operation Vengeful Sentinel

Cologne, Germany

March 1st, 2015

Squad members:

Rookie Holly Lee

Rookie Saida Isra

Rookie Sarah Mcintosh

Rookie Karen Jensen

Mission Brief: Abductions in the German Mainland. Big Sky dispatched with Strike 1. Orders are to eliminate Alien presence on sight.

Mission details: Big Sky touched down at 1:30 A.M. Local. Strike One deployed in the commercial district of Cologne. Rookie Isra made contact with invaders at 2:00 A.M, (Isra scored XCOM's first kill seconds after contact) Enemies responded with hostile force. (Enemies utilize some form of superheated plasma weapon, recommend collection for further study) At 2:10 A.M. Rookie Jensen made contact with a second group of E.T.'s in the Eastern Warehouse. (Jensen also scored a kill shortly after contact) Rookie Isra was pinned by enemy fire on the opposite side, near the Western building. Enemy suppresive fire was lifted by a well-placed frag grenade from Rookie Mcintosh. Rookie Lee entered the Warehouse, and eliminated the final Alien in the Operational Zone. Big Sky returned, and Strike 1 was evacuated at 3:12 A.M. No casualties, no injuries.

Kill Count

Lee: 1

Isra: 1

Mcintosh: 1

Jensen: 1

Central Officer Bradford's notes: It couldn't have been easy being the first ones to go out on a mission, but our team pulled through. I'm recommending promotions for all four squad members, and specialized training as well. Lee has some Medical experience, so I recommend she take a support role.

Isra's pretty strong (And pretty loud, but that's just between you and me, Commander.) I recommend she be given a Machine gun, and let her figure out the rest.

Although it didn't show in this mission, Mcintosh is one of our best shots, and with enough time, she could be a devious marksman.

I don't like Jensen's reckless attitude, but she got results, getting the first kill on the books, which means I owe her a drink. I say give her a shotgun, and let her work her magic.

Other than that, I think we've done well for ourselves. But I wouldn't get too comfortable. There are still a lot of countries that haven't checked in yet. I recommend we bolster our ranks, and start researching these... things. Dr. Vahlen is ready and waiting for you when you have a moment.

Non-Combat Information: None at this time.

• Like 1

MISSION 2

Operation Twisted Fear

Lille, France

March 3rd, 2015

Squad:

Squaddie Saida Isra (Team Lead)

Rookie Hideo Kojima

Rookie Logan Scott

Rookie Eduardo Martinez

Mission Briefing: Abductions in Lille, France. Secure the drop zone, eliminate all hostile forces on sight.

Mission Details: Big Sky touched down at 12:03 A.M inside a construction sight in Lille. Strike 1 was green lit for operations to begin. Squaddie Isra made contact with alien force at 12:15 A.M. (Aliens shown to have an ability to mind-link, recommend performing an autopsy on any reclaimed corpses.) At 12:30, a secondary squad of Aliens appeared, having encircled Strike 1. (This may suggest a tactic of Ambush, but more information is needed.) Rookie Kojima returned fire on alien forces, and succeeded in attaining his first kill. In a brazen move, Rookie Martinez took up a forward position but was badly wounded when his cover was destroyed. Fighting through his injuries, he eliminated an E.T. Surprisingly, this triggered a chain-reaction of sorts, killing a second Alien. (This may be related to the Mind-linking ability. Strongly Recommend research as soon as possible, as this may be an extremele effective tactic.) Rookie Scott demonstrated excellent strategic ability, moving to higher ground to get a clear shot at the enemy, resulting in his first kill, and a mission accomplished. Big Sky returned, Strike 1 was evaced at 2:08 A.M. No Casualties, but Rookie Martinez was wounded, suffering from minor Plasma burns. He'll be treated in sick-bay, estimate 5 days to recover.

Kill Totals:

Kojima: 1

Martinez: 2

Scott: 1

Central Officer Bradford's notes: Another successful mission, but Martinez is gonna feel it in the morning. Isra didn't do much this time around, but I'll chalk it up to a fluke. I recommend promotions for Kojima, Martinez, and Scott, as well as specialized training.

Kojima – Assault

Scott – Heavy

Martinez – Marksman

Non-Combat Information: Construction started on two new satellites. Research of Alien Biology commencing.

Which means, everything you're about to read, is a creative play-by-play of what ACTUALLY happens when I play.

You talk like that's actually exciting.

http://bfolder.ru/_ph/14/605803487.jpg

<_<

Commander's Log:

March 5th 2015

We got some new blood in today, 5 new recruits. I don't know how the XCOM Council thinks I'll fight off an invasion with anything less than a full army, but I suppose it'll have to do. They're all wet behind the ears, I think some of 'em have never seen a gun up close before. Either way, they're eager to fight, and they're willing to die if necessary, so I'll take 'em. The operation in Lille went smoothly, but what the troops don't know is Buenos Aires was attacked as well. I had to make a choice between the two, and France's offer of 4 top engineers was better. It's a dirty thing, choosing who to save based on what they'll pay, But XCOM doesn't have the funding it should. These people think that XCOM is a joke, and they're dumping most of their money into their own Armed Forces. I hope to prove them wrong, but in the meantime, making sure I get all my people back alive is the top priority.

Bradford's yapping about some project I need to look at. This is the Commander, Signing off.

Edited by D-38 Boss