Xbox One, Is it worth getting???

The thing is.

I want to play BF4.

But I dont want to buy it twice. Because, no backwards compatibility means I have to have a copy for the Xbox One to play it on the Xbox One.

This means that the moment the Xbox One releases I will have to get it to also get BF4.

This means that, yeah. I'm getting an Xbox One.

Cool, 60 fps reached. I've been reaching 80 fps on some PC games. Not that its a big deal in general but I guess its fine. I don't see myself getting an Xbox One at launch because the launch titles don't really interest me, not enough for me to fork up $500 for a console that I'll only have like one game for at the time. Maybe when the next Halo and Star Wars: Battlefront by DICE comes out, and there is a big price drop, I'll buy it then.

Just my honest opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

I for one am gonna stick with PC. I think consoles have strayed from gaming and are trying to be more like home entertainment systems that can do anything the family wants. But not everything a gamer wants. Eventually consoles will do everything a PC can and will have screens built into them and made portable (AKA. Laptops and tablets). As much as I hate the xbox one I feel like I would miss out on a lot by not getting it. shame. And I cant boycott Microsoft for it because I would end up buying windows. I like PC's because they are relatively DRM free and even if a game has DRM it is easily reversible thanks to a huge modding and hacking community. So no I will not get it.

• 5 weeks later...

I think the way they originally presented it was ridiculous but now that they are taking to realize how much they would lose they are making changes for the better. In my opinion. $100 extra isnt much of a difference to get a system with all the good exclusive titles.  But I don't even watch tv in the us so all of that is useless to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as im concerned as of the current moment if i endorse the next generation of consoles it will be a PS4 because MS and the Xbox One havent said anything that really has swayed me to their side now that is not to say that something might not come along later on and if it does i will think about getting one but that $500 price tag is a pretty big deterrent right now 

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is definitely worth getting for the games. It has a better Operating System than the PS4. I'm getting it for Halo. There are also some other great games being released such as Battlefield 4, Titanfall, Destiny, Forza Motorsports 5, Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag and many more. I personally think it is worth getting, even with a high cost. Eventually the cost will decrease when it is sold separately to the Kinect.