Xbox One, Is it worth getting???

Hey All,

Just wondering and want to know everyone's opinion,

When the Xbox One comes out, what would happen to the Xbox 360, and is the Xbox One worth getting?

Like there are some good thing about it like:

Pros (Good things):

• Awesome 60 fps reached!
  • Exciting Games (Halo 5, CoD Ghosts, AC (Assassins Creed) Black Flag and many more!!!)

Cons (Bad Things):

• Way too expensive ($500 estimated)
  • Internet connection from it to Internet meaning your internet will be drained ALL the time even if Xbox is turned Off.
  • No Offline Mode for private gaming
  • Games NOT selling on discs, you must but them online like from the console itself, not at JB or Eb Games or anything, also meaning you kinda, cant buy your friend a game.

So as you can probably see, there are quiet a lot more Cons than Pros about the Xbox One. So the main quetion here is:

It is Worth Getting???

For just like Games and stuff? Give me your opinion by leaving a reply!!!

P.S:If I made a mistake about anything or am wrong about anything, tell me and I will have the information removed thanks!!!

Unless Halo 5 is some sort of absolute god game (which I can 100% promise right now it won't be) and it's other exclusives are beyond AAA in quality, it's not worth paying 500 in the US, or for me 600 in Aus to get a gaming console that isn't purely designed for gaming anymore.

Honestly? Choosing whether or not to get an Xbox One is a very difficult decision if you happen to be American, and a lot easier if you aren't, because those of us born outside of the USA either have severely restricted features like a greatly reduced library of stuff we can stream in terms of music and video, or miss out on it altogether in terms of live TV. It also doesn't help that nobody outside of the USA cares about the NFL, NBA or MLB, so the promised revolution of sports wouldn't affect us even if we could actually access it in the first place. I don't even know those are the correct names, that's how little attention they get.

The only real selling point the Xbox One has in its favour at this point is its exclusives, which basically boil down to a new Halo which we know nothing about, potentially a new Gears of War, that Ryse thing which looks to be a fairly poor QTE-ridden Roman knock-off of Saving Private Ryan, yet another Forza, and that Titanfall thing, because there's a real gap in the market right now for another 'realistic' iron-sight, cover-based first-person shooter with futuristic elements.

As much as I love Halo (and believe me when I say that dumping the Chief is one of the most difficult decisions I've made in my gaming career, right up there with shooting Mordin) I just can't in good faith encourage anyone to go out and buy an Xbox One, not with the way it stands right now. It's intrusive, invasive and made with an astoundingly arrogant complete disregard for consumer rights or convenience, and just by buying the thing you would be telling Microsoft that you approve of their anti-consumer attitudes. Do yourself a favour and get something else instead. The PS4 is a better choice in every department, with the only drawback being the lack of Halo - and if Microsoft flop as badly as I'm hoping, they'll either have to do something to start selling systems, which probably means big changes to the Xbox One to make it more user-friendly, or they'll have to start making their exclusives available elsewhere, so we might even see Halo 5 on the PC.

So in essence, don't get an Xbox One, or at least wait until it's failed and they're desperately changing software and license agreements to try and bring in customers before getting one. Don't let your love for a truly great series blind you to the outrageous conditions being foisted on us by its masters.

• Like 4

i am still going with the Xbox one for many reasons

Could you give a few of those reasons in a bit more detail? I'm finding it quite difficult to think of good reasons to buy the Xbox One, and it would be great to hear exactly what some of the positives are compared to, say, the PS4 :)

• Like 1

Could you give a few of those reasons in a bit more detail? I'm finding it quite difficult to think of good reasons to buy the Xbox One, and it would be great to hear exactly what some of the positives are compared to, say, the PS4 :)

sure thing maybe it is a bit brief so here I go

1 I own a xbox right now and I don't want to start new again on the ps4

2 I love playing halo

3 the price will drop

4 a lot of the things on the xbox one I like a lot more on the ps4 the voice commands tv

5 I like the design of the xbox one a lot more also I like the xbox one dashboard a lot more

6 project spark aka a xbox exclusive

7 I thing xbox live is the better online network

8 I like the controller of the xbox one

• Like 1

I have to agree with RSR, the XBox One seems...  wrong.  That is the best way to describe it.  Technically speaking, on paper it looks like a great system.  Almost on par with the PS4.  The same thing could also be said about the 360.  Not quite as powerful as the PS3, but almost, not enough to make a huge difference as far as graphics and gameplay are concerned, and I'm going to take a bet that the One will do the same.    

I absolutely loved the 360.  It was the best purchase I made, and thankfully I only had to ever get 2 in the 7 years that I've owned one.  When I started getting that itch for a new console, rumors were swirling around.  A lot of them seemed outrageously wrong, some too good to be true.  In the end, I was excited for what Microsoft should have brought to the table.  

Instead, we get the One.  A box that claims to do all of these great things, and yet it wasn't right.  I honestly could care less about the TV, unless they built the machine as a set-top box itself to eliminate the one I have to rent from my cable company.  But no, they are not doing that, I still need that box.  The Kinect, while fun at times, is a novelty item that should not be required to use the system.  Yes, this is a way to get publishers to make use of its capabilities, but I don't think it was a smart move.

None of the "exclusives" really caught my attention, except for Titanfall.  And guess what?  It's coming out to the 360 as well, and the PC.  Don't need a One for that.  Destiny, while not an exclusive, it will also be available on the 360, PS3 & PS4.  Don't really need a One for that, either.  And Watch Dogs?  Not an exclusive, but available on the 360, PS3 & PS4.  Don't need a One.  You see where I'm going with this?  AC4: Black Flag isn't an exclusive to the One, and is going to be available on current systems.  Same with CoD: Ghosts, if you are really interested in it.  Then we come to  Halo 5 and now we have the exception.  But do I really want to purchase a console for the ability to continue the Halo series?  I dunno.  Halo 4, while okay, wasn't great.  Do I really want to let the chief go?  Not really.  But until they take down the 360 servers, I can always go back to it on that console.  As for possibly seeing Halo 5 on PC?  Chances are if that does happen, you better have Windows 8.  -.-

Now to respond to Caboose...

sure thing maybe it is a bit brief so here I go

1 I own a xbox right now and I don't want to start new again on the ps4

2 I love playing halo

3 the price will drop

4 a lot of the things on the xbox one I like a lot more on the ps4 the voice commands tv

5 I like the design of the xbox one a lot more also I like the xbox one dashboard a lot more

6 project spark aka a xbox exclusive

7 I thing xbox live is the better online network

8 I like the controller of the xbox one

Caboose....  *shakes head*

1. Just because you own an XBox doesn't mean you need to be faithful to MS.  I owned a PS1 & a PS2, yet I don't own a PS3.  Why?  Because I felt they went the wrong direction.  Just like MS is going now.

2.  One game shouldn't be enough to keep you with a system.  I know you mentioned others later one, but I'll get to that.

3.  The price better drop.  Plain and simple.  I don't feel it is worth that price tag at all.

4.  The voice commands are okay, but you live in the UK, you're not going to really have access to the TV functions as much as somebody in the US, if at all.  In fact, I believe they only have deals in place with US TV providors.

5.  The design is entirely personal choice.  *shrug*  Nothing bad to say about it, nothing really good, either, though.

6.  Eh, if that is your thing so be it.

7.  I dunno about this.  While that has always been the case, with Sony now charging for online play, PSN might turn out to be better, only time will tell.  I do like some of the things MS is doing, though, like eliminating having to have seperate Gold accounts on the same XBox.

8.  The controller I can't argue with.  I love the XBox controller, it just feels better in my hand compared to the PS controllers.

But all the power to you.  If you honestly want the One, nobody should stop you from getting it, that is your right as a consumer.  All we can do is give reasons why we wouldn't purchase it.

• Like 2

I have to agree with RSR, the XBox One seems...  wrong.  That is the best way to describe it.  Technically speaking, on paper it looks like a great system.  Almost on par with the PS4.  The same thing could also be said about the 360.  Not quite as powerful as the PS3, but almost, not enough to make a huge difference as far as graphics and gameplay are concerned, and I'm going to take a bet that the One will do the same.    

I absolutely loved the 360.  It was the best purchase I made, and thankfully I only had to ever get 2 in the 7 years that I've owned one.  When I started getting that itch for a new console, rumors were swirling around.  A lot of them seemed outrageously wrong, some too good to be true.  In the end, I was excited for what Microsoft should have brought to the table.  

Instead, we get the One.  A box that claims to do all of these great things, and yet it wasn't right.  I honestly could care less about the TV, unless they built the machine as a set-top box itself to eliminate the one I have to rent from my cable company.  But no, they are not doing that, I still need that box.  The Kinect, while fun at times, is a novelty item that should not be required to use the system.  Yes, this is a way to get publishers to make use of its capabilities, but I don't think it was a smart move.

None of the "exclusives" really caught my attention, except for Titanfall.  And guess what?  It's coming out to the 360 as well, and the PC.  Don't need a One for that.  Destiny, while not an exclusive, it will also be available on the 360, PS3 & PS4.  Don't really need a One for that, either.  And Watch Dogs?  Not an exclusive, but available on the 360, PS3 & PS4.  Don't need a One.  You see where I'm going with this?  AC4: Black Flag isn't an exclusive to the One, and is going to be available on current systems.  Same with CoD: Ghosts, if you are really interested in it.  Then we come to  Halo 5 and now we have the exception.  But do I really want to purchase a console for the ability to continue the Halo series?  I dunno.  Halo 4, while okay, wasn't great.  Do I really want to let the chief go?  Not really.  But until they take down the 360 servers, I can always go back to it on that console.  As for possibly seeing Halo 5 on PC?  Chances are if that does happen, you better have Windows 8.  -.-

Now to respond to Caboose...

Caboose....  *shakes head*

1. Just because you own an XBox doesn't mean you need to be faithful to MS.  I owned a PS1 & a PS2, yet I don't own a PS3.  Why?  Because I felt they went the wrong direction.  Just like MS is going now.

2.  One game shouldn't be enough to keep you with a system.  I know you mentioned others later one, but I'll get to that.

3.  The price better drop.  Plain and simple.  I don't feel it is worth that price tag at all.

4.  The voice commands are okay, but you live in the UK, you're not going to really have access to the TV functions as much as somebody in the US, if at all.  In fact, I believe they only have deals in place with US TV providors.

5.  The design is entirely personal choice.  *shrug*  Nothing bad to say about it, nothing really good, either, though.

6.  Eh, if that is your thing so be it.

7.  I dunno about this.  While that has always been the case, with Sony now charging for online play, PSN might turn out to be better, only time will tell.  I do like some of the things MS is doing, though, like eliminating having to have seperate Gold accounts on the same XBox.

8.  The controller I can't argue with.  I love the XBox controller, it just feels better in my hand compared to the PS controllers.

But all the power to you.  If you honestly want the One, nobody should stop you from getting it, that is your right as a consumer.  All we can do is give reasons why we wouldn't purchase it.

yes but who knows maybe in a few months I will buy a ps4 but as it stands of current I am getting the Xbox one but once again who knows :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You forgot about all the EXCLUSIVES.

You basically just named the upcoming games for all consoles. There are some amazing exclusives such as:

-Titanfall

-Dead Rising 4

-Sunset Overdrive

-Quantum Break

I mean, to be honest I think the Xbox One has better exclusives than the PS4. If I have to choose, I'll most likely purchase the Xbox One. I've grown very attached to Halo, so I can't leave it, even if I need to suffer the hardships. It'd be a waste of the various years I've spent on the franchise.

Actually based on what happened in this link they resersed a lot of policy's everyone is complaining about

CLICK---> http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/microsoft-reversing-xbox-one-internet-used-game-policies <----CLICK

damage has been done in my eyes we saw there true colors. they haven't changed on the camera stuff which means they can watch you Lol. xD think i'm gonna ride out with the cheaper console because it looks better but ill wait untill after they come out This time i wont be caring so much about exclusives because halo gears are failing very hard now.

damage has been done in my eyes we saw there true colors. they haven't changed on the camera stuff which means they can watch you Lol. xD think i'm gonna ride out with the cheaper console because it looks better but ill wait untill after they come out This time i wont be caring so much about exclusives because halo gears are failing very hard now.

I understand how you feel even though i have no idea about why they did the online all the time the disk thing was to stop all the bootlegging and i've said since they started that policy, "It is not gonna last." cause even though they tend to be uncaring Microsoft knows if you make the consumer mad you won't sell anything.

People complain they pushed too hard, people complain they didn't stay on track. I complain that I can't have it now. Hell, nothing's perfect and we are not who decides the new features or limitations on their console. Even if the consumer is important, the consumer's complaints are always a wide spectrum of things. The best thing to do is to balance your audience. I have given up trying to care what others think. I like it, and I will meet others who do when I sign in to Xbox LIVE. 'Nuff said.

I understand how you feel even though i have no idea about why they did the online all the time the disk thing was to stop all the bootlegging and i've said since they started that policy, "It is not gonna last." cause even though they tend to be uncaring Microsoft knows if you make the consumer mad you won't sell anything.

I honestly think This would have been a good thing maybe in 20-40 years But not now when Less then half the world has internet currently and internet as is already so unstable. the game issue was totaly useless in my eyes to me it sounded like once xbox server close you Lose all your stuff Which is completely unfair i purchased a game not rights to the game for a limited time.

People complain they pushed too hard, people complain they didn't stay on track. I complain that I can't have it now. Hell, nothing's perfect and we are not who decides the new features or limitations on their console. Even if the consumer is important, the consumer's complaints are always a wide spectrum of things. The best thing to do is to balance your audience. I have given up trying to care what others think. I like it, and I will meet others who do when I sign in to Xbox LIVE. 'Nuff said.

you need some degree of feedback for games and entertainment systems to be better. If no one complains about products they are about or spent 400-500 usd thats really sad nothing would improve. It's nice that xbox listened but they only did this because ps4 was blowing them out of the water.

I honestly think This would have been a good thing maybe in 20-40 years But not now when Less then half the world has internet currently and internet as is already so unstable. the game issue was totaly useless in my eyes to me it sounded like once xbox server close you Lose all your stuff Which is completely unfair i purchased a game not rights to the game for a limited time.

Well like i said idk why they wanted that internet thing to pass it makes no sense to me cause you are correct, but they fixed it, no matter the reason, and even though they still want us online once i'm sure that will change cause like i said before, you anger the buyer, you won't sell so over alll my opinion is thing about why they did what they did instead of how it will effect me cause they are only trying to improve themselves even if some people don't agree with it.

The Pre-ordering is becoming very limited now so if you are going to, I would hurry up.

I was going to pre order it at GameStop because you can put money down on it whenever you want, but they dont take pre orders anymore on it...

Also, I want the Xbox One for the other activities it entails other than gaming.

Titanfall does look amazing though.