"Must-Have" Minigames

0IAH

Hello---today I started a new series that reviews a couple minigames at a time. All of these minigames I enjoy playing in Halo 4 custom game lobbies and I think they can be classified as "must-have" minigames clear.png 

Check out my first video in this series:

(btw, you can also download these minigames by checking the video description for waypoint links!!)

While I understand that many minigames are "mini," and I think a lot of them do look like fun (I even wrote down a list to DL one day), I will never understand the fascination with elimination gametypes. If you have just 1 life, that means you run a high chance of spending most of the game not playing. How is that fun? I don't expect an answer to the question, there are tons of people who like 1 life gametypes, but I think they're all a bit silly. Yeah it's more challenging and consequential if you can't come back, but it's a lot less fun too.

While I understand that many minigames are "mini," and I think a lot of them do look like fun (I even wrote down a list to DL one day), I will never understand the fascination with elimination gametypes. If you have just 1 life, that means you run a high chance of spending most of the game not playing. How is that fun? I don't expect an answer to the question, there are tons of people who like 1 life gametypes, but I think they're all a bit silly. Yeah it's more challenging and consequential if you can't come back, but it's a lot less fun too.

I feel the same way about a lot of 1-life minigames -- but lava pit is different just because ur the driver and u can control how long u live a lot better